1,993 results
All reviewscliffside roombuena vistajuice barrelaxation poolthe riverupper poolbath housefamily poolspa areaadult poolghost townhot poolsprinceton hot springslarge cabinovernight guestscascading poolslocker room
Reviewed May 20, 2009

I stayed in a poolside room with no air conditioning, I had to put a box fan in the window all night, and that became noisy and not very relaxing, than I moved to a cliffside room the next day, this was a nicer room but there was a used toilet paper roll for use, missing light. The coffee is awful and bitter to taste, there were only 4 selections available on their menu and the nearest stop for food is ten miles away. There was construction tools and dust all around on the patio, so on a beautiful 80 degree day you couldn't eat outside. If you wanted to take anything back to your room they applied 20% extra to your bill.The slide was closed for another week, and if I was a kid that slide would disappoint me. I looks much smaller than the website showed. This hotel is overpriced and not a resort, its a hot spring with rooms set up in a motel style.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ls48150
MTPHS, Property Manager at Mount Princeton Hot Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2009

Sir/Miss:

I whole hardidly apologize that you had a bad stay at our resort. All of our managers are trained by a graduate of The Cornell School of Hotel Management. It would be very out of character for them to handle any customer issue without following our rigid customer service guidelines.

I also apologize for the inconvenience of only having four items on our menu during your stay. We were finishing up a large remodel of our lobby and restaurant during your visit. We were forced to operate our restaurant out of our convention center. Unfortunately, the kitchen in this building is set up for cooking for groups of 300+. With this type of kitchen, it is nearly impossible to cook ala carte. We were going to not have any food service at all during the rebuild, but decided against it out of convenience for the guests. Our new restaurant opened this last weekend to rave reviews.

I am sorry about no air conditioning, However, this is a certified green hotel. All of our heating is done through the natural heating process of sending the hot spring waters to over 40 buildings to provide a very clean/green hvac solution.

I think you will find that air conditioning is a rarity at 8500 feet. Our average nighttime temperature in May is only 34 degrees. In fact in July (our hottest month) the average nightime temperature is only 47. The use of air conditioning at these temperatures goes against our agenda of creating as small of an environmental impact on this pristine valley as possible. In fact we are very near even creating our own power utilizing the geothermal energy that surrounds our property.

Our coffee is all Seattles Best coffee. This coffee is a Starbuck label. It is a very robust roast, but we have had many compliment on how good the coffee is.

The water slide is open yearly from Memorial Day to Labor Day.

This resort has undergone a massive renovation over the last few years. We are a 400 acre property with over 30 log homes outfitted with handmade leather living room seating to custom built teak furniture.

Our 50 hotel rooms are in the strip style, but once you step inside you find the same attention to detail as in the cabins. All homemade teak furniture, granite counters, and glass inlays in the shower. We use Serta premium mattresses on the entire property and even have many guests ask where they can buy our beds. Hardily the decor of a "motel".

If you eat in our restaurant there is absolutely no charge for leftover boxes, etc. 20% room service fee is industry standard and is actually much lower than in many hotels that will charge an additional $4-$10 delivery fee.

Once again, I apologize for your difficult stay. We are a boutique resort serving thousands of satisfied customers monthly who want to enjoy the best views in Colorado in a very comfortable setting. If you would like to call me to discuss your stay, I can be reached at 1-888-395-7799.

I hope that the discount that the unprofessional manager applied upon checkout to your room at least lessened the sting of such a bad trip.

Nathrop, Colorado

Reviewed April 25, 2009

I have stayed at this resort a number of times over the past year and have enjoyed my stay everytime. I found the beds in the hotel rooms to be great, the only problem was that the walls may be to thin, I have stayed in 2 of the cabins with girls friends this past year and both times we had the best time. It is purfectly suited for a girls get away, we used the kitchen for an evening meal and then did breakfast in the lodge. I have also eaten in the lodge for an evening meal and found it to be quiet good.

I'm planning another girls weekend for this summer and would love to have a family reunion here, think it has a lot to offer the whole family form the little ones to the older gerneration. Creekside pools, water slide in the summer as well as alot of great hiking and 4-wheeling adventures in the area surrounding the resort.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends
MTPHS, Owner at Mount Princeton Hot Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2009

Thank you so much for the kind review. Its guests like you that make this job worthwhile! If you haven't seen the new lobby/restaurant we look forward to hosting you this summer.

Reviewed January 4, 2009

My girlfriend and I wanted to try something fun for New Years this year. We planned on staying in Breck or Vail, but the rooms were all booked or out of our price range so we opted to roll the dice and try a hot springs place. We had a friend that had recommended Mt Princeton, but I read some of the reviews on here and was a little skeptical. Needless to say, our trip turned out wonderful. The night of new years we had a great dinner and met some very interesting folks. We stayed in one of the new cabins on the hill which was a bit more than I wanted to pay, and too large for 2 people (Sleeps 8) but the actual hotel rooms were sold out so we had no choice but stay in the higher priced cabin. Fortunately, we were glad we did, and we really liked the cabin. We enjoyed ourself so much we decided to extend our stay an extra night! It was hard to leave. We spent a few hours/day hiking and another few soaking by the river..My girlfreind is already planning another retreat to MT Princeton Hot Springs in the spring..Next trip we plan to bring a few other couples to share in the fun.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank wandererDenver_Co
Reviewed October 24, 2008

The property is nice but still needs a few improvements. We stayed in a "poolside" room as it was the only room type available for a last minute booking. The pools in this area are only open in the summer, so we had to walk across the street or drive to get to the hot springs & other pools. The room we had looked nicely renovated on the interior, but the exterior is very motel style and leaves something to be desired. The room was very warm - only had some sort of heating unit that was on even when the fan portion was "off." Also, it would be nice if they added a clothesline or some place to dry swimsuits. The staff were friendly enough and everything was clean and neat. The cabins look really cute and I'd definitely go back if I could stay in one of them. It also looks like they are building a 3rd large pool with some smaller side pools across the river. The bath house is not easily accessible if you have any issues with steep steps. We didn't use the restaurant, decided to drive in to Buena Vista for meals. I would recommend it since it's a beautiful drive from Colorado Springs.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
MTPHS, General Manager at Mount Princeton Hot Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2009

Thank you so much for the review. We appreciate you comments. If you have any thoughts or suggestions how we can improve the guest experience, please email us at info@mtprinceton.com.

Reviewed July 23, 2008

We stayed at Mt. Princeton for one night - (2 adults, 2 kids) -room 14 in the lodge - this was a nicely renovated 1 bdrm suite but there were some problems.... there is no a/c - it was so.... hot in this room that no-one could sleep - I asked at the front desk for an additional fan and was first told "there are no availble fans" I then asked for a manager who dug an extra one up - with 2 fans it was still hot and the fans were so noisy we couldn't watch TV. This room does face the front of the hotel so people walking by can look right into the room - we didn't close the curtains because we were so hot - The other problem for us was that the water in the shower and sink is either hot or scalding - there is no cold water. So if you come in wanting to cool off in a nice cool shower or to briush your teeth with cool water - that won't happen. I was told that this is because they are a "hot springs resort" - I think a cold water pipe would be a good idea. The room is also right next to a public men's bathroom which is across the hall - so as you come into your room - you can smell the disinfectant in that bathroom - a bit unpleasant on a hot day.
On the positive side, my kids enjoyed the pool and water slide. however, they could use more chairs - we sat on the grass on our little hotel towels. The cabins look nicer than the rooms - and probably more air circulates through them so they might be cooler at night.
I wouldn't stay there again in the Summer - unless they resolved some of the problems. By the way, the hotel did discount our stay 20% due to our complaints. we did appreciate that.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family