1,993 results
All reviewscliffside roombuena vistajuice barrelaxation poolthe riverupper poolbath housefamily poolspa areaadult poolghost townhot poolsprinceton hot springslarge cabinovernight guestscascading poolslocker room
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Last Saturday, September 22, we held my daughter's wedding at Mount Princeton. We had considered several venues in Denver and the mountains but none came close to the total package of amenities, food quality, service and price which we found here. We booked in March, 2011 so that we had the perfect date for the annual leaf change. The weather was perfect as always and the guests from around the country and even Europe were blown away. I can't say enough about the attention to detail by the special events coordinator, Zelma Warren, who made sure every item was attended to. Chef Leo prepared an outstanding meal which I feel was the best dinner I have ever had at any wedding.. He even went to the trouble of preparing two unique salad dressings specifically for this meal, a three berry vinigrette and a creamy goat cheese one. The hall is totally unlike the normal rooms available for weddings with glass doors around three sides which can be opened for ventilation and and an unreal view of the Collegite Peaks from the west side of the hall. We had first visited Mount Princeton 20 years ago and at that time it was quite "rustic". New owners took over approximately 10 years ago and since that time they renovated and added many new facilities including modern cabins, pools, the event hall and the spa building this past spring. This was the perfect place for our extended families to celebrate the wedding and just chill out for a few days and catch up on our lives. There are endless activities in the area including rafting, hiking, horseback riding, fly fising and just enjoying the scenary while sitting in the hot springs. I couldn't imagine a better venue for this wedding considering all the aspects involved. I want to thank Zelma, Chef Leo and the staff for the for providing great service and a memorable experience that the participants will never forget.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank greg k
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I've been coming here for 3 years now, and it keeps getting better. The pools are great, and the new spa building that overnight guests have access to, is really nice. Staff is very friendly and helpful, and the restaurant is actually pretty decent.

However, this last visit we stayed in the "cliffside" rooms, at the top of a short road from the main resort area, and both nights we had noise issues. Bottom line is that these rooms were not built with sufficient noise isolation, the last thing you want when going to a getaway resort for rest and relaxation. We could hear conversations (and other things) from the adjacent room. It was kind of a nightmare. Almost made me never want to come here again, but I'll just stay in the cabins, simple as that.

Room Tip: Don't stay at the cliffside cabins unless you take earplugs and are willing to use them.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Daniel Z
Reviewed September 17, 2012

The resort itself is seated in the beautiful Colorado mountains-close to the old ghost town of St. Elmo. Beware...when you are told that your room is on the "hillside" this means that your have a small cheesy HOTEL room-which is located far enough away from the main resort that you would have no idea what you were in for. This room went for $175 and it definitely WAS NOT worth it. The room numbers for these rooms: 21-40.

Room Tip: DO NOT take a room on the "hillside".
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank wise179
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Loved the view from the Cliffside room. The restaurant had great service and food. Especially enjoyed the private for guests only hot pools. I liked the laid back atmosphere where everyone was friendly and no one was uptight! Nice hikes along the road to St. Elmo too!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gailannod
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stayed at the resort this past July and got married there and our experience was nothing but positive! My entire family from all over the US also stayed at the resort and they all really enjoyed it as well. I was so impressed with the entire staff especially Zelma Warren. They all went above and beyond to make not only our stay perfect but my entire families as well. Everyone we met who worked at the resort was so kind and really made us feel welcome! The food was great, our room was very clean and really nice and the resort pools and creeks were awesome. I was really impressed with the new spa as well. It was great!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family