$235
$100
Hotels.com
$138
$89
Salida Inn & Monarch Suites(Salida)(Great Value!)
$109
Silver Ridge Lodge(Salida)(Great Value!)
$102
Loyal Duke Lodge(Salida)(Great Value!)
$105
$96
Circle R Motel(Salida)(Great Value!)
$90
Official Site
Comfort Inn(Salida)(Great Value!)
$129
1,929 results
All reviewscliffside roombuena vistajuice barupper poolrelaxation poolthe riverbath housefamily poolspa areaadult poolhot poolsghost townprinceton hot springsovernight guestscascading poolslocker roomlarge cabin
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We visited Mount Princeton for the second time and had a lovely stay. I do think that next time we will stay in a cabin though, so that we can cook our own food. The restaurant is overpriced and just plain terrible. We had previously experience the disastrous restaurant before, and they sent me a certificate to try it again. My stepdad ordered what was called prawns on the menu, and turned out to be tiny, overcooked shrimp, that smelled fishy, and gave him a stomach ache later. I ordered the rack of lamb, which turned out to be giant, fatty lamb chops. When you charge $25 a plate, it doesn't need to be filled with giant proportions, instead I would rather have excellent food in just the right amount. I think they need a new chef, one that can use local fishes and game and prepare them in a simple and delicious manner. Food doesn't need to be overcomplicated and fussy, it does however need to be good. You are much better off driving into Salida for dinner!
Another note, the hotsprings are very nice, if you are a hotel guest, and the new spa is great! But the two pools that are the main pools for daytrippers, are in need of update and not as nice as the upper pools.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank rebeccataigar
Reviewed March 23, 2012

My husband and kids (ages 6, 10, 12) stayed in one of the cliff top rooms. The view was beautiful, and the room was huge! There were 2 family hot springs pools and about 30 small pools right next to the river formed out of granite boulders. The small pools were our favorite. It was peaceful, relaxing and fun! We even saw some deer come right up to the river for a drink. The only down side was that there's only one resteraunt on site and you're 15 min from any town.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank 6070ericam
Reviewed March 18, 2012

After a "rocky" start, our trip turned out to be very memorable - in a positive way. Initially, we encountered a staff member in the spa area that was over zealous in checking for our arm bands and to see if my adult daughters were of age. One is 19 and the other is 23, Apparently you have to be 16 to be in that area. She made us feel very unwelcome. However, once that was cleared up, the rest of our stay was amazing! We had dinner one night in the restaurant. The scallops, New York strip and beef tenderloin and creme brulee were all done to absolute perfection. Our spa apointments were all individualized and soooo relaxting! (Thank you Bobbi, Kim, and Karen). Cabin 27 is amazing...right on the river. We soaked in the Japanese pools and gazed at the beautiful snow-capped mountain backdrop....and at night the stars! We stayed mostly on the exclusive spa side - the side reserved for overnight guests. The day-rate pools tend to get a little crowded. The natural hot springs along the river were also very nice. You have to move the river rocks to adjust temps. Some of them get very warm! We also took a nice drive through the mountains going west and checked out St. Elmo's ghost town. We certainly will return...

Room Tip: Cliffside rooms are slightly larger.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Lisa G
Reviewed March 17, 2012

I was here in early summer 2011 with my son. I hadn't stayed at Mt Princeton in 10 years, and the Cliffside rooms were hugely improved since then. Without undoing the good mid-century bones of this long, low building (butterfly roofs and exposed beamed ceilings will appeal to Atomic Ranch fans), they've made the rooms much more comfortable and opened them up to a broad patio with spectacular views. It's a real walk down to the lodge and the pools, but I'd rather stay in the Cliffside rooms for the inspiring views of the valley and mountains and make the walk part of my therapy. The pools are pleasant. The natural areas along the creek are the best (on my visit these were closed, sadly but reasonably, because of swift, high water in Chalk Creek). The dining room is serviceable but not the property's strong suit. Bar looked promising. Front desk area has also improved.I can't speak to the quality of the rooms in the lodge or the cabins.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 12, 2012

We recently visited and were ver displeased. Rooms were very dirty and the staff didnt seem to know what was ging on our how to run a hotel. We were excited about the new spa, but when we arrived we found no parking near the new building and seemed very crampted with cabins just a few feet from the spa. We got the feeling that management at this so called resort were clueless. We think the ownership should start all over with the staff at the hot springs from management down. We also heard from friends that the mangement has been the same for many years.?? If they intend to compete for business in the Colorado Resort Market, Princeton needs to make some drastic changes. The thought also occured to me that maybe ownership doesnt care how their resort is ran?? Maybe Princeton is just a dirty laundry for the ownerships money? Don't waste for money at the resort, we suggest staying in near by Buena Vista and visting the are around the hot spings on a day trip. The National Forest and near by St. Elmo ghost town are awesome.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family