Deer Valley Ranch
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Nathrop
See available hotels
  • Pool
Pinon Court Cabins(Buena Vista)
  • Pool
Poncha Lodge(Poncha Springs)
View Hotel
Rocky Mountain Lodge(Poncha Springs)
Palace Hotel(Salida)
View Hotel
All reviewshorseback ridingchalk cliffsfamily vacationoff seasonsquare danceghost townhot springskids activitiesfly fishingbuena vistaself cateringiron citygod's creationwonderful weeksmall cabincolorado rockiestrout
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Not having a vacation in 4 years, I ventured to purchase a voucher for Deer Valley Ranch. 3 days/2 nights. When making accommodations I found out it was deep in the mountains, out in the middle of somewhere. No TV/radio... you had to go to the community house for these. outside influences/none. I you want to go somewhere to reconnect with loved one's be it spouse, friend, or family this is the place to be. Lots of things to do. The people there were delightful. Ask anyone history, hiking trails, etc. they are more than happy to make the time to tell you. We stayed in the Hancock House at the dead end of the road. Even though there was activity around, you still felt like you were alone. I'd take a place like this over a Hotel any day.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Spitfire60
bevearlyjo, Front Office Manager at Deer Valley Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay with us. I like your words about Deer Valley providing a place to "reconnect" with loved ones. We're so glad we provided the getaway you needed!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I worked at Deer Valley the summer of 2011, and just this past weekend I had the pleasure to return for the Staff Alumni Weekend. It was so delightful to find that, though the staff had changed, the ranch was still essentially the same. The rooms are clean and quaint, the food is tasty, and the opportunities for recreation and rest are endless. However, the thing I love the most about Deer Valley, and this is from the perspective of both a staffer and a guest, is that the guests are treated like family. The first evening and morning on the ranch were so filled with hugs and greetings that we missed the scheduled hike! Fortunately, there were other activities. I recommend Deer Valley with all my heart!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Christine F

We loved having you "Back at the Ranch" for our first ever Staff Alumni Weekend. We so appreciate your taking the time to review us and to share about the ranch. It was great to have you here as a guest but you will always be "family" to us!

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Deer Valley captures the true essence of Christian hospitality. If you are looking for a place to "get away from it all" and escape the rigors of the rat race, this is the place! Deer Valley provides a wonderful family atmosphere, friendly and considerate service, stunning surroundings and an overall amazing experience. This ranch offers access to historic western America; the cowboy lifestyle, old mining ghost-towns, and the natural beauty of the Rocky Mountain high country all in one. The food is AMAZING - delicious menu and generous portions. The lodging is appropriately rustic; very clean and well maintained and provides the perfect setting to complete the experience. If you are in to hiking, fly fishing, mountain climbing, horseback riding, or simply appreciating nature, peace and tranquility DVR will satisfy!!

Room Tip: Room 7 in the lodge has a SPECTACULAR view!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mark L

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are delighted that you and your family had a lovely stay with us. We hope to see you again in the fall. Late September is great for lovely weather and the aspens turning!

Reviewed May 18, 2013

My family and I had a wonderful time at the Ranch. The people who run it and work there are all so friendly and easy to talk with. The views are Beathtaking and it was just a wonderful place for us to get away and to really connect without the distractions of everyday life.
We plan on going back in the Fall. Off season is quiet and sweet.

Room Tip: ask for cabins that are towards the back with a view of the chalk cliffs
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Laura S
bevearlyjo, Front Office Manager at Deer Valley Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We hope to see you again in the fall!

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I grew up going to Deer Valley Ranch with my family, as did my father. I've gone to many places around the world since my first family vacation at Deer Valley as a young girl and I have to tell you, there's nothing like it. I hadn't been to the ranch for several years after I moved to New York, but the staff still remembered me after all of those years. Of course, I remembered them as well and only had the best memories. I still look back at my days in Tin Cup cabin with such joy. I can remember playing cards with my friends in that cabin or just reading a good book. Each summer, I looked forward to the Wrangler Breakfast and the Staff Skit Night. Another thing that can't be missed? Sue's amazing potato casserole.
I am so blessed to say that I will be back this summer and you better believe one of the first things I will do is go hug Sue and John, the children of the original owners. My tradition at Deer Valley has been almost 40 years in the making, so you can only imagine how many years that makes it for my dad. One more thing I cannot wait for is the gorgeous trail rides. I've never had a bad experience with one of the horses on the ranch, they are just about the most peaceful creatures ever and I have to think that has something to do with where they live.
Deer Valley Ranch holds a very special place in my heart and I will continue to hold those memories closely.

Room Tip: Tin Cup is my absolute favorite cabin in the world. I almost don't want to share because I love it so much :)
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Laura W

Thank you so much for the great, detailed review of Deer Valley! You summarized so many special aspects of Deer Valley: the people, the food, the owners and staff, the horseback riding and the cabins. We look forward to seeing you "back at the Ranch" this summer!