“Tasty Dinner”

Dining options: Reservations
Tulsa, OK
“Tasty Dinner”
Reviewed August 23, 2014

Stopped last minute at this restaurant on our way to a Red Rocks concert (cool venue!). We were surprised at the quality of the meal. My husband's duck was well prepared, my chicken marsala tasty, and we were pleasantly surprised. the meal comes with an appetizer and we chose the Cesar salad. I wish I had tried the beef liver dumpling soup. It sounded interesting. The weather was fabulous and we sat on the large outside patio. Nice ambiance, friendly waiter. They knew that we were going to the concert and worked to get out dinner out promptly.

• Visited August 2014

“90 minutes later . . . . still did not get our food”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Came for dinner before a concert at Red Rocks. Given the terrible parking situation in Morrison during shows, it was very convenient that they had their own parking lot across the street. That is about all the good I can say about our evening. We arrived for dinner 2 hours before our concert was set to start. After ordering our food and getting our drinks, we patiently waited for our food. Gradually our waiter stopped coming to our table to check on us. 30 minutes later . . . 60 minutes later . . . 75 minutes later, we were still not served our dinners. Several other couples in the restaurant were having an identical experience. I had to go to the bar to track down someone who would speak to us to find out what was going on (since no one was checking on our table). After 10 more minutes of the waiter checking on our food, we politely asked for our bill for our drinks and left. 90 minutes total - no dinner. Some other couples in the restaurant said they waited longer. Ultimately, they left as well without dinner. The most shocking thing is that the manager, while polite, asked us to try them on a night when they were less busy. The restaurant though was only HALF full!! Being in Morrison one would think they know how to be prepared for concert traffic. It's a shame - the menu looked great but we will not be coming back anytime in the near future.

3 Thank zmoba96
Denver, Colorado, United States
“From Bohemia with love”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I had a great meal here and wanted to go back for about eight years, so Father's day seemed like the right occasion to make the trek, and it truly was worth the trek. The Caesar salad was pretty ideal, and the goulash was the best I've ever had. It's a pretty meaty hearty menu, but save room for the strudel. Wine list was nicely representational for wines by the glass, and the service was very attentive but professional. I won't be waiting another eight years.

1 Thank Kristin M
Chicago, Illinois
“Authentic German/Eastern European food - go there hungry!”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Admittedly I was expecting to be disappointed. I was wrong! I dont know how we have missed this restaurant for the 13 years we have been in the Denver area...but we are glad we got the recommendation and decided to come to celebrate a special occasion. My wife and I are originally from Chicago which has many and varied excellent European ethnic restaurants. The food at Cafe Prague is right there with the best of them.

The food is hearty with good strong flavors. This is not the place to count calories or be concerned about fat content.

For our entrees, my wife had the sauerbraten which she said was very tender with an exceptionally flavorful sauce. I had the bohemian style duck because you just don't see duck on many menus...it was cooked to perfection and very flavorful. Pretty sure this was farm-raised duck (not wild duck) so the meat was very tender. (I like wild duck too but it is a much different taste). The Caesar salad had a very flavorful dressing with noticeable garlic.
For dessert, my wife had the honey cake special; again, very flavorful and it had a firm but moist texture. I had the apple strudel ala mode...it was warm with strong apple flavor and the right amount of sweetness. Even the coffee was flavorful and strong, just the way I like it.
As a nice topper after dinner we were each presented with a small glass of strudel liqueur; very delicious and distinctive. Our server said that it was made on the premises with a vodka base.

Our server was Tana. Her style had just right right balance of helpful friendliness and efficiency. Food was presented properly and dishes were cleared only after we both finished our meals.

Overall I cannot speak more highly of the food and service. The prices seemed about right given the high quality.

So, why not five stars in my rating? The restaurant is a bit cramped with seating quite close together. A private conversation is not possible here when the restaurant is crowded. Also, the restaurant is long and narrow which just leaves something to be desired visually. Once I got past that, the experience was excellent.

Most patrons seemed to be 40s to 60s with a few on either side of that. Most wore better casual clothing although I did see some in jeans (it is Morrison, CO after all). Many women wore pretty but casual dresses or slacks with a pretty top. Most men in slacks and button-down shirt or polo shirt; I even saw a couple sport-coats, but not at all necessary.

Cafe Prague has its own parking lot right across the street. Parking is otherwise quite difficult during prime time in downtown Morrison, but no problem for CP's patrons.

1 Thank J D
Holland, Ohio
“A fantastic find for us”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We were visiting family in the Denver area and wanted to take them to dinner. They suggested Café Prague in Morrison which turned out to be a fantastic restaurant. Morrison is a quaint little town just off I470. The restaurant is on the main street with plenty of parking. The inside is very attractive, however we chose to eat outside as it was a perfect summer evening. Everything from the time we entered the restaurant, to the greeting by the owners, to the outside setting to the exceptional food made it a perfect evening. Lots of different European items on the menu, as well as plenty of American choices. I couldn't rate this evening any higher than the 5 allowed by trip advisor. This for sure will be a 1st choice place to eat when we return to the Denver area.