“Better food for one quarter the price all over metro Denver”
Review of Cafe Prague

Cafe Prague
Ranked #7 of 22 Restaurants in Morrison
Cuisines: American, European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Denver, Colorado
“Better food for one quarter the price all over metro Denver”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

The evening started with a gin and tonic cocktail made with flat tonic. When I politely asked to have my drink made, and complimented when it came out better the second time, there was no response, not so much a hint of an apology. The Calamari appetizer was pretty good -- not the best I've ever had, not the worst. Then came the Duck L'Orange. It was so tough I could barely cut it, and though it looked like it would be moist inside, it was tasteless and dry. The "L'Orange part was cloyingly sweet. The waiter asked how our entrees were. I asked, "Do you want me to be honest?" He said yes, but when I told him what the duck was like, again politely but honestly, he just stared over my head and said nothing. No offer to bring something else, no apology, no nothing. I was hoping they could pull off the Chocolate Mousse, which I shared with my friend. It looked pretty, but it was at least 1/3 whipped cream, and was nothing special. I'm looking for the positive in this meal, but the only thing i can say is the Malbec we had was very good. But I could have bought the whole bottle for probably just a couple of bucks more than one glass. Come to think of it, that might have been a better way to spend the evening.

Would I go there again? No. And if someone else asked, I'd say, stay away from this place, unless you enjoy paying beaucoups bucks to sit in a nice atmosphere, eat terrible food, and deal with surly waiters.

• Visited August 2013
6 Thank salmon21

Lakewood, Colorado
“Romance in Morrison”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Great food, great service, great martini's and wine. They have indoor and outdoor seating and live music. We used to visit often when first opened. You must have reservations if you are going on the week-end; otherwise, good luck. The preset menus on Valentines Day or any other Holiday are always wonderful too and never a disappointment. The only tiny issue I have is the fake crabmeat (monkfish) they use on their Oscar's Tornado and we pay for real crabmeat (which I love) - they should change that. They use real caviar on other dishes! We love the meat platter - ooh la la the duck and schnitzel! This is a romantic, delicious, "must eat" at restaurant, even though it's in Morrison and not downtown Denver (better for us). Couples and small group of friends would enjoy this atmosphere. Not for children. Wonderful wines, waiters, and the owner is always greeting you at the door! Do not forget their special dessert "palachinki" (?) We love Café Prague and will be back!

Visited September 2012
Denver, Colorado
“Excellent”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Superb food, excellent service, wonderful atmosphere. Lovely outdoor seating. A winner. Will return.

• Visited July 2013
Marion, Iowa
“Best Eastern European food, no question!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Beautiful restaurant, very knowledgeable staff. Incredible food. Save room for dessert, and try the apple strudel snapps!

Visited July 2013
Englewood, Colorado
“Wonderful Find in Morrison”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We recently had dinner at Cafe Prague before a concert at Red Rocks. I've been to Morrison many times but never thought there were any really good restaurants there--I was mistaken. This restaurant surpassed all of our expectations--I was going to give it four stars instead of five only because the waiter could have been friendlier--he was all business and never cracked a smile. However the service was good, in spite of that and the food was excellent, so I decided to go ahead and give it the five stars. My husband had the sauerbrauten and goulash soup and I had the chicken piccata and salad. We both had wine, from an extensive wine list. We were seated at a table on a lovely, shaded patio, although the restaurant itself seemed to have a nice ambiance as well. We both thought the chef was incredible and we hope to go back soon.

• Visited July 2013