“Happy Newlyweds!”

Naples, Italy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Happy Newlyweds!”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

My husband and I recently got married at the Chapel at Red Rocks. Despite only having 48 hours to plan the Ceremony, Kathy (the owner), was so helpful in making it all come together for us. While it was a small ceremony, she helped ensure that all our guests and family members were comfortable and accomodated for. We didn't have time for a rehearsal, and she managed to take our last minute plans and turn them into a wonderful and smooth ceremony.

As for the Chapel itself, it was PERFECT! I loved the outdoor feeling while still being able to be indoors. There were quite a few different options for photo locations right outside the Chapel for after the ceremony. One of the most stunning parts for my husband and I were the 10-12 bucks and deer that were hanging around the Chapel before during and after the wedding!

The vendors that they have in place were so accomodating given our short schedule. I was able to get flowers, hair and makeup, and a photographer through Kathy's recommendations all on the day before the ceremony. Everyone was prompt, professional and so fun to work with.

I couldn't have imagined a better wedding even with a year of planning. Thanks Chapel at Red Rocks!!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank meganiimarie

Denver, CO
74 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 114 helpful votes
“Chapel at Red Rocks”
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Small chapel, nice views. Nice wedding, although the sun was in our faces and needed sunglasses inside.

1 Thank Denvergal1234
Lakewood, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Perfect Fall Wedding”
Reviewed December 1, 2011

I just got married at The Chapel at Red Rocks on November 19th, 2011 in Morrison, Colorado. What an incredible place! My husband and I have spent a lot of time hiking through Red Rocks and going to concerts through the years. When we found the Chapel at Red Rocks for our wedding it was the perfect fit! The views are extraordinary and our out of town guests were amazed. The deer were even grazing right outside the window as we were getting married. The coordinator, Kathy was great! She helped us with the minister, musician, florist, and photographer. The chapel has all the vendors in place you need. We loved the minister! Thank you Dr. Woodson - what a beautiful service! The pianist Lesley was wonderful, she played all of our special requests! Kathy coordinated the wedding beautifully and the wedding director Patty worked with Kathy at the rehearsal and wedding to make sure we had everything we needed. They even provided a parking lot attendant as part of their service. We had so much fun and enjoyed our day so much!!! I highly recommend the Chapel at Red Rocks to anyone considering getting married in Colorado!! Very scenic and great service!!!!

Visited November 2011
2 Thank Karina83_11
Denver, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Beautiful location, but 'church lady' needs to go!”
Reviewed December 4, 2008

My husband and I recently held our wedding at the Chapel at Red Rocks. The setting itself was truly amazing for our small (less than 20 person) ceremony. The Chapel is simple and beautiful and you are able to personalize (for the most part) every aspect of your ceremony.

However, the ONLY downside to the Chapel is woman in charge, Cathy. When we intially visited the Chapel she was very nice and helpful, but when we went in for our rehersal it was like we were dealing with a completely different person. She extremely rude and pushy. On the day of the wedding she managed to upset nearly everyone in attendance at the wedding.

I told myself that I would not let anything ruin that special day and I didn't....however, I strongly recommend to anyone considering the Chaple for their wedding to see if anyone else is avaiable to assit you as I believe it is time for Cathy to retire.

3 Thank LSV09
kmzd14, Owner at Chapel at Red Rocks, responded to this review, December 12, 2008
This is in response to a negative review that was posted on trip advisor. I was recently made aware of an unflattering review concernng my business and my personal character. I was greatly disheartend to know that a bride left my business dissatisfied and angry. I felt that this was very much a blind attack as I was never made aware of any problem at anytime with anyone. I would have done anything to rectify any problems or concerns brought to me to ensure that everything was perfect. Unfortunately, I was never given an opportuity to address any problem of any nature and I do feel as though my business and my personal character have been slandered. The Chapel at Red Rocks is an incredible location, but we also pride ourselves on the care and service to every bride and groom who walk through our doors. We encourage our brides and grooms to bring in their own customs anad traditions so that they can peronalize their special day. We do coordinate the wedding from start to finish and in doing so we follow a set of procedures and guidelines that we have implemented over the last 20 years. We know the things that work, and the things that don't work. We will never take anyhting away from a bride and groom that is important to them, but if we see anything that may potentially be awkward or won't work as well, we will make them aware of it. Also, we are keenly aware of anything that may reflect on the Chapel at Red Rocks. We have an impeccable reputation and work very hard to ensure that everyone that comes through our doors is 100% satisfied. To know that someone walked away unhappy is devastating to me and only pushes me harder to go the extra mile for every bride and groom. I welcome all comments and suggestions but I expect fairness and honesty. I keep my lines of communication open at all times and am willing to go to extraordinary lengths to help create the perfect day for the brides and grooms who come into the chapel. We do over 200 weddings a year and are internationally known. I consider it a privilege to work with every person who comes into the chapel take and I have take immense amount of pride in the service that my business provides. I appreciate the opportunity to address this issue.
Kathleen DiFulvio