“GREAT Breakfast”

TNT Country Kitchen
Ranked #19 of 23 Restaurants in Morrison
Reviewed April 20, 2013

One of the best and most reasonable breakfasts you can find on the west side of town. Very fast service and friendly staff. Prices are very reasonable as well.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

When we visit Lakewood, we take the 15-minute drive to Morrison, and have a breakfast or three (depending on length of stay) at the TnT. My only complaint is that I cannot get past the Denver Omelette, so other than a couple of "two over medium" breakfasts, I have started my days with this one dish. I should also add that they do serve a generous portion of home fries, and I will have their sourdough bread also. If I could eat more I would, but this breakfast lasts me to dinner! The staff is always pleasant, and our in-laws love their "hot" dishes. Even if TnT is crowded, when you are seated you do not feel rushed, and if you have to wait, please do -- it's worth it!

1  Thank DeaN4U2C_11
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We have been going here for 3 years now. The staff are friendly, always recognize us and remember our order ! Food is delicious, my favorite is the chorizo burrito, never had a better burrito anywhere! Sitting outside in the Summer is wonderful. I would totally recommend this place.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

I took my friend there for a birthday lunch and when we received our plates there was a very long black hair in my green beans. I called our server over and showed it to her and she admitted it was her hair. She had very long hair hanging loose around her shoulders. She offered me another plate, (pointing out that all the food would be put into the trash) and I told her just to scrape the beans off the plate so we didn't waste food and ate the rest which was only OK tasting because the chicken fried steak was only lukewarm. No other customers were there and the service was still slow.

Since it was my friend's birthday we ordered two of their gigantic cinnamon rolls and were excited to eat them but when we took them out of the sack at home they were like bricks. I tried to pour a little milk on mine and microwave it for a few seconds but it only got worse.

I called the restaurant the next day and told them about the problem and the daughter to the owner said he would call me back. He never called back. We went for a drive up to Red Rocks and I stopped by the restaurant and the owner's daughter was there. She became so angry and rude when I told her that her dad had never called me back that we ended up getting in an argument when I asked for my money back! She THREW the money at me when I told her we would never eat there again. She was the worst ambassador for the restaurant that I have ever encountered. Over the years we have eaten there a few times without incident so this out of control behavior of the owner's daughter was uncalled for.

In my opinion that stinking place should go out of business. She lied to me when she told me the cinnamon rolls were freshly baked EVERY day! No way in the world is that true, the two we bought were baked about a month before!

1  Thank Esther_Roybal
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I was pretty sure that no place was really worth the time to stop and eat in tiny Morrison, and we had tried nearly all of them. Last weekend, though, it was our last chance to catch lunch before heading into the mountains. For some reason we had ignored TNT in the past; possibly because we got the impression it was a pancake house-type of all-day breakfast place. We were very pleasantly surprised when we decided to stop there. Our lunches were excellent, and the service was great, in spite of the crowd and being short handed that day. My husband chose an omelette with hash browns and loved it. It was a generous portion of both. I tried the veggie melt ($6.50), which is usually pretty dull elsewhere, and found it delicious. It all was held together by cheese and grilled sourdough bread done just right. The fries served with it were literally addictive--kind of crusty-crunchy and utterly delicious.

I asked about the unusual name of the place, and the daughter of the owner took the time to explain that the two "Ts" were for her parents, and they wanted to add a little "t" for her on the sign, as well, but there wasn't enough room. They have been in business there for 1985. In the warmer months, they have a perfect location for eating on the outdoor open but covered deck overlooking the picturesque stream.

We will definitely return and no longer try to avoid getting "stuck" having to eat in Morrison! They serve tasty food and have a large dessert showcase for treats. We tried a chocolate chip cookie, and somehow it tasted different than the average cookie, but delicious.

Highly recommend!