“Wonderful Getaway to the Beautiful Mountains in...”
other travelers have booked this property
Spacious deck with natural gas grill
Welcome to Ladybug Lodge! Spacious deck. While we can't guarantee a white Christmas, this was taken in October!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Spacious deck with natural gas grill
Welcome to Ladybug Lodge!
Living room with wood burning fireplace
Living room, with 52' TV, surround sound, media library, and wood burning fireplace
The kitchen has upgraded appliances, including a dual-fuel range: gas stove and electric double oven
Dining room
Enjoy your morning coffee on the peaceful deck
Master bedroom with queen size bed and comfortable memory foam mattress
Master bedroom is an open loft with lovely mountain views, & city lights at night!
Second bedroom with full size bed and memory foam mattress
.A couple of deer, strolling past the hot tub!
Average temps for each month are in the middle. Record highs and lows are the top and bottom.
Average precipitation. If you're going to Red Rocks in July or August, bring a poncho!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Oceanlove...
Houston, Texas
“Wonderful Getaway to the Beautiful Mountains in Colorado!”
Reviewed August 10, 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

I was impressed the minute we got here! Everything was clean and fully furnished and comfortable for our stay. The owner Lynae was great in guiding us to the place because it is set in the mountains where it is beautifully overlooking the city. We felt at ease and could relax after a long drive from Texas and enjoyed a pop up thunderstorm which was fun to listen to as the thunder echoed in the mountain. Plenty of nature to be seen all around and a nice ,quiet , calm place to be. We highly recommend others to come and stay here and enjoy what she has created here. My husband loves the wonderful kitchen that has everything you could need to prepare dishes. If you have a concert to go to in The Redrocks , this is the place to be!

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Aug 15, 2014
It was absolutely wonderful to have you here! You are welcome anytime!
Paul J
Racine, Wisconsin
“Nice place but ruined by cat”
Reviewed July 30, 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

Decent house in the mountains but does not sleep 6 with a futon. Has extra cots in closet. Biggest problem was a cat that got in the house from the owner who lives below. Cat woke everyone up crying during the night and no one could find it . It scared the kids and part of the group,left in the morning because of it.
Another cat was left outside while the owner left for the weekend and it sat outside and whined all night. Really careless animal control on the part of the owner.

Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Aug 15, 2014
This is a second review by the same group that confused this listing with the Rock's Retreat listing, which does specify a comfortable futon. There is, actually, a twin size futon sleeper in the loft that I'd just purchased a few weeks before this group arrived, but I was unaware that they were expecting extra beds (the reservation was for 4 guests), and I don't think they ever discovered that the arms on the "day sofa" would flatten down to make a twin bed. The second cat that is mentioned in this review was certainly not "left outside". She does have access to the outdoors, though, and apparently decided that this group in particular needed to be made friends with. She is 15 years old and has never previously been reported as bothering anyone. Had they called or texted me that she was bothering them (I was gone for 3 days but had my cell phone with me at all times), I would have immediately called the neighbors and they would have taken care of the issue. I did not find out until the day they were leaving (after I'd been back for a couple of days) that they had been unhappy with their stay. I do wish they had communicated their needs and expectations sooner so that perhaps I could have addressed them more to their satisfaction.
Mary D
“Disappointing”
Reviewed July 23, 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

I did not stay with my family but visited. My son was married in mtns and we live here. My family came out for wedding and this house looked like what we needed for family. The crying stray cat in the house belonging to owner caused allergic reactions to some family members. The place was not clean for an expensive rental. The views were great but trip advisor site stated slept 6 which included a futon sleeper when actually there is 1 bedrm and a loft bed no futon sleeper but 2 cots in the closet which no one knew about. I was embarrassed for my brother to have to stay but it was too late to find anything else plus all paid for up front.

Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Aug 5, 2014
There were an unusual number of communication issues that occurred with these guests. Originally, they inquired about my other listing, Rock's Retreat, which does specify a comfortable futon in a third sleeping area. However, since that larger home was unavailable for all of the dates they needed, they booked this home instead. The listing for this home has never specified a futon being available (although I do have one in the basement and have, on a couple of occasions, brought the mattress upstairs and set it up for extra guests, when requested). In this case, the reservation specified 4 guests, so I was unaware that any extra beds were needed or wanted. While I am always available in case there are any questions, these guests gave me the impression that they preferred their privacy, so I tried to respect that. I did certainly try to be flexible and accommodating of the group, even when one of the communication issues involved the length of stay - I went in to clean after their checkout time, and was surprised to see all of their things still there. The guests thought the house was paid through another night. Fortunately, I had a two night gap before the next guests were due to arrive and was able to accommodate them for another night without any notice and without too much trouble.

I do apologize about the cat. For the little rescued feral to sneak in earlier in the day to explore (before their arrival - possibly when the cleaning people were there?) and then become scared and hide from everyone until nighttime was an extremely unusual event. It's never happened before, and I suspect that she'll never try that again. I wasn't told of any potential allergy issues from this until days later, else I would have suggested they start running the BlueAir air purifier (also stored in one of the closets) right away. I am sorry that the house was clearly not a good fit for this group.
GA
Reviewed January 14, 2014 for a stay in January 2014

Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
So_many_r...
“Amazing house, epic view!!”
Reviewed December 15, 2013 for a stay in September 2013
people found this review helpful

Some friends and I stayed here while attending some concerts at red rocks amphitheater. The house is extremely clean and cozy, and was furnished with everything we needed. The owner is incredibly nice and accommodating. The view is breathtaking and we even saw a bear cub one morning. Oh, and the hot tub is the icing on the cake. I will definitely book this rental again in the future and recommend it highly!!!

Ozmike12
Dulce, New Mexico
“Highly Recommended”
Reviewed September 5, 2013 for a stay in August 2013
people found this review helpful

I was looking up hotels online and realize we are probably better off staying at a private home (support local businesses). The property was simply choice. The morning view from the master bedroom was spectacular and my favorite. The evening view from the deck was amazing and very romantic. The view was beautiful and the atmosphere was purely tranquil. The property owner greeted us upon arrival. Lynae was very friendly and helpful. The drive to and from Red Rocks Amphitheatre was not far from the property. I was in great company with respectable friends, well behaved peps. I must say I had a wonderful time away from home and enjoyed every bit of my short vacation. I look forward to our next trip to Red Rocks. Cheers!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Peace and Quiet
Liked least: Duration of Stay
Traveling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Kellybrad...
“Beautiful retreat in the mountains”
Reviewed September 4, 2013 for a stay in August 2013
people found this review helpful

Wonderful place to visit. Home is lovely. Owner has DVDs to watch while staying in. We enjoyed the views on the deck, Denver skyline at night from master bedroom, sunrise on the deck... Even saw deer one morning.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing