“Yummy” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Fort

The Fort
Reserve with OpenTable
The Fort is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Morrison
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Situated in the Red Rocks country 17 miles southwest of Denver on Hwy 285, The Fort is a true replica of Bent's Fort, the first American community west of the Missississippi & rendezvous of Kit Carson & other "Mountain Men". The nine dining rooms, seating 350, are white plastered over adobe. Unusual but hearty dishes, typical of the early West, are provided from open grills. Waugh!
Bluffton
“Yummy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

I went here with my husband and best friend. It was a great place to eat and the menu definately gave you a lot to choose from! I cannot believe I am going to admit this, but yes, you should order the bone marrow off the menu. OMG is all I can say. I also admit to trying the Rocky Mountain Oysters. If you enjoy a nice refreshing coctail order the Huckleberry Lemonade!!! I loved it and am dying to have it again.

• Visited September 2013

Waretown, New Jersey
“A Bit of the Wild West”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

I have heard about The Fort and wanted to try it out . We stopped in and were able to get a reservation for dinner . The decor was rustic and the staff were pleasant and attentive. The food was quite unique - my husband had the buffalo tongue appetizer that was quite tender and good. The buffalo empanadas were excellent. From other reviews, everyone raves about the buffalo bone marrow although I did not find them appealing at all . My husband's buffalo steak was cooked as ordered and very good . I ordered The Trio, that included a small piece of buffalo steak, elk chop and quail. The elk chop and quail were excellent although the buffalo steak was not cooked as ordered (medium ) and was a bit too rare for me . The blonde brownie dessert was excellent and highly recommend .

Visited September 2013
Highlands Ranch, Colorado, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Birthday Supprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

Without a doubt one of the best meals I have ever had. We visited the Fort on a Monday night to celebrate my wife's Birthday. I expected a big crowd but was pleasantly surprised to find the restaurant was only moderately busy. We were seated immediately and our wait staff was prompt and courteous. The waiter was very friendly and informative. I had the Game Platter and my wife had the filet mignon. The food was served hot and prompt. I had held a suspicion that the restaurant was beyond our means and would be over crowded and stuffy. I could not have been more wrong. We will make this a regular visit because the food is fairly priced for the quality and quantity.

• Visited October 2013
Boise, Idaho
“Superb Cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

Uniqu, warm, environment/atmoshpere, recreating a historic fort & overlooking the Denver front. Very (food) knowledgeable weight staff.

Started w/hand-crafted cocktails --- all well-prepared. Our party of 4 all opted for the same tasty, damiana salad w/micro greens. We all then chose the game plate, which featured an elk (New Zealand) chop, bison medallions and quail. All were grilled perfectly, retaining the essence of the game. This satisfying melange was followed by creative desserts, including chocolate creme brullee, chocolate torte and good coffee. Excellent & fairly priced wine list. We had a Santa Barbara red blend.

Expensive but worth it!

• Visited September 2013
Byram, New Jersey
“What a fun time!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

My husband & I went to The Fort on the last night of our trip to Colorado and it was so worth it. Dinner's not cheap but you get the chance to have items (roasted bone marrow) that you won't have a similar chance to have again... let me tell you something - the buffalo steak - blow your budget and have it. You will never have a better steak again as long as you live. As for service, everyone was very nice, super accomodating of tourists trying to have a romantic time (aka our waiter took a snap of us on our camera without me having to ask.) Definitely, I was happy with our experience. I *loved* the bonfire in the courtyard.

• Visited August 2013