“Horrible service”

Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: 303-697-3377
Reviewed June 19, 2014

I've been coming to Beso de Arte for several years now. I think the food is good and love the patio, but the last time we went the service was really bad. We waited for 10 minutes for anyone to even acknowledge us. Others who arrived after us were seated before us and the person seating people gave no apologies, just excuses. Once seated, no wait staff approached us for about 20 minutes. All in all, it was an hour from the time we got there until our order was taken and this was a Tuesday night. They were understaffed and the service continued to go downhill until we left. We were hoping for an enjoyable relaxing experience and should have just left before even being seated. A friend told me he had a similar experience there recently.

3  Thank nancygailc

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Went there for date night with my wife - should have cooked at home and not wasted the money on a babysitter!

We were seated on the patio even though it was a bit too chilly, but tried to make the best of it, as it was a nice atmosphere. Right off the bat, my Margarita was so sour it was undrinkable, without a hint of the Grand Marnier the menu promised, and my wife's San Pellegrino came in a can with a straw...classy.

Chips & salsa were ok, but the artichoke spread we ordered took half an hour. The whole time, the very young waiter kept coming back to anxiously ask us for our entrée orders, after we'd told him we were in no rush.

When the appetizer finally came out, we found ourselves staring at a HUGE plate full of sliced cucumber with a few carrots & olives sprinkled on top (my wife had requested the gluten free option), and a teensy ramekin of chopped artichokes with some cheese crumbles in it. Very disappointing flavor and presentation, not at all what we expected.

We found it impossible to even finish, and decided to leave rather than waste our time and money on entrées that would be equally disappointing. When we asked the waiter for our check, his over-attentiveness disappeared, and so did he. After a while, the bus boy dropped off our bill, which we promptly paid in cash and left.

We went home to have a turkey sandwich and a bowl of cereal...sadly, the best food of the night. I suppose the place would be fine if you just dropped in for a beer and some chips & salsa, but for those looking for a nice dining experience, I'd suggest going elsewhere.

2  Thank JS31157
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Beso de Arte looks like it could be a great bistro. Cozy inside, friendly looking bar, windows to a patio with a waterfall, a lounge area with leather sofas and chairs. The service vibe however was a bit strange. The Maître de was a very young guy and appeared to be the bar tender also. Brenda ordered the sugar rimmed peachtini and I ordered a mojito. The peachtini arrived without a sugar rim and was quite sour. My wife asked the waitress if she'd have the bartender put it in a glass with a sugar rim like it said on the drink menu.
"We don't make them like that anymore, " she said. Well then. I guess there's no arguing for what's listed on the menu. It boggles the mind to contemplate how challenging and expensive it is to put a sugar rim on a glass and pour a drink already made into it.
So my spouse said, "Then I'll have a mojito also."
"Don't you know there's a lime crisis in America? That was the last one in his drink," she said as she whisked the rejected rimless peachtini off the table.
It looks like the kids are in charge of this place, I hope some mature management will dispense a little training to the staff. This could be a nice spot to stop before a concert at Red Rocks or after some fly fishing on Bear Creek.

3  Thank loghouseJD
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

We had 2 wonderful Beso salads and added chicken to it. Good quality and very tasty. Patio wasn't busy so service was swift. We will be back.

3  Thank cruisenerd_9
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have been to Beso a few times and can't bring myself to try anything else besides the stuffed poblano pepper! It's soooooo delish! The service is always great and the outdoor patio is awesome! For sure one of my favorite places to dine in Morrison!

3  Thank dirtgirl221