“Cool spot”
Review of Dinosaur Ridge

Dinosaur Ridge
Ranked #2 of 13 things to do in Morrison
More attraction details
Owner description: Dinosaur Ridge contains over 300 Cretaceous dinosaur footprints, a few dozen Jurassic dinosaur bones, plus many other trace fossils from ripple marks to plant impressions. At the Visitor Center, you can visit the gift shop, sluice mine for your own mineral or fossil finds, or take a Trek through Time in our exhibit hall.
Reviewed July 12, 2014

We really enjoyed this place. We took the guided tour. Cost $5/person, but was worth it. Our guide was kinda weird though and didn't know how to handle oddball questions from our six and five year old. Overall, a great lesson in our planet's history. I would definitely recommend this.

All reviews
in 19 reviews
"points of interest"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed July 2, 2014

We paid for the tour. It was 5.00 pp and well worth it. I used to hang out here when I was younger. I always wondered why the ridge was never protected.
Our tour guide/driver was knowledgeable. My grandkids enjoyed the hands on areas on the ridge and had all their questions answered.
at the top the driver gives you the option to ride back or walk back. My grandkids wanted to walk so we could stop back in some of the areas we had visited.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

We went with our grandchildren, and they enjoyed it, just as we did. Staff makes it a fun tour, and explains everything quite well. Not many places you can see dinosaur prints on a short bus tour. Would be fun to hike, which is free, on a cool day. It is uphill. The day we were there it was mid-90's and recommend you take the bus.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

We stopped here today after finding it on Trip Advisor. We were unsure of what to expect, but we were really surprised with it. We spent about 1 1/2 hour there. The kids (2,4,6 & 8) loved it, and my wife and I found it very interesting as well. Our guide on the bus was TJ, who was excellent. I recommend trying to get on his tour if you can. The bus was also very affordable, it's better than walking because you get more information about what you are looking at. You can also get great views of the surrounding area including the Red Rocks Amphitheatre from the back side of the tour. Don't miss this if you are looking for a quick side trip.

3  Thank 11Timechamps