“Nice walk, real fossils”
Review of Dinosaur Ridge

Dinosaur Ridge
Ranked #2 of 13 things to do in Morrison
More attraction details
Owner description: Dinosaur Ridge contains over 300 Cretaceous dinosaur footprints, a few dozen Jurassic dinosaur bones, plus many other trace fossils from ripple marks to plant impressions. At the Visitor Center, you can visit the gift shop, sluice mine for your own mineral or fossil finds, or take a Trek through Time in our exhibit hall.
Reviewed February 23, 2014

This has been a favorite over the years. The dinosaur footprints are astonishing, and you get a great view of Denver. You can take your time strolling and there is a great hike over the top if you have the energy.

1  Thank Seasick2013
FODRStegosaurus, Amber Cain, Volunteer Coordinator and Programs Assistant at Dinosaur Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to rate us. I enjoy the views from the top, too, since we overlook Denver on the east and Red Rocks on the west. If you are in town during one of our Dinosaur Discovery Days, definitely stop by and you can walk and get great information from the volunteer guides on those days.

All reviews
in 19 reviews
"points of interest"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed February 6, 2014

We went during "Dinosaur Week" so there were guides along the way to talk about what we were supposed to see. I recommend walking over taking the bus and it's easier to see the footprints and other items of interest up close.

The guides were extremely knowledgeable and we enjoyed checking out the sites. You have to walk up a large hill and then down and then back so make sure you have good walking shoes when you visit.

1  Thank pbertucc
FODRStegosaurus, Volunteer Coordinator and Program Assistant at Dinosaur Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Thank you for your feedback! I am glad you enjoyed Dinosaur Ridge's Dinosaur Discovery Day.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

This place would be great for kids and people who are into geology and fossils, etc! The gift shop is very cute and has many reasonably priced items. The bus tour they offer is only $5 and over an hour long. There's also a picnic area in the front with life-size dinosaur statues! It's cool place to check out, even if you don't take the tour.

1  Thank beautifuleva

We have been working hard on improving the Visitor Center experience and it looks like we have with your review. Thank you for taking the time to spread the word about our "awesome" dinosaurs!

Reviewed December 31, 2013

When we arrived to Dinosaur Ridge, we went into the visitor center to see if there was any fees for the self-guided tour of the ridge (free!!!). The gentleman at the desk was friendly and very helpful at detailing the walk and points of interest of not only Dinosaur Ridge but Triceratops Trail in Golden as well. My husband, sons (ages 7 and 11), and myself headed up the ridge to enjoy all there was to see. Keep in mind as you read my review, as a 31 year old woman, dinosaurs kind of lost the magic they once had on me. I've seen many fossils at a number of museums across the country, but never before have a seen them where they were discovered. I was awestruck by the varying footprints and even more amazed at the bulges left behind by brontosaurus in the mud. The magic of childhood crept up and grabbed me when we came to the bones embedded in the rocks. I actually felt the remains of a creature that lived millions of years ago with my own hand!! Incredible! And the views from the top of the ridge were stunning of the area below. My kids were even more blown away than I was. I just wish everyone that visits would respect not only the rules, but this treasure and not climb on the embankments where the fossils are located and not pocket shale that contained fossils. I understand that the shale would make an awesome souvenir, but please leave it for everyone else to be able to enjoy.

3  Thank juliebern2000

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. Working here has allowed for me to witness the wonder and awe of childhood with many of our visitors and I am glad you got to experience that, too. Also, thank you for being respectful of the resources located at Dinosaur Ridge.