“Fantastic Stay!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Morrison B&B and Inns
Kansas City, Missouri
“Fantastic Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

The location started the great experience, located just behind Red Rocks Amphitheater. The cottages were rustic, cozy and comfortable. Colorado's new legalization is allowed there. Private hot tubs...beautiful decor. The staff were friendly and happy to serve. The breakfast was delivered to the room daily, hot and freshly cooked...and very delicious! Shops and restaurants very close...within walking. If you are wanting to tie the knot...there are charming little chapels located nearby. This place was so romantic and wonderful I would recommend it to anyone!

Room Tip: All rooms were cozy and off the beaten path. I can't imagine that any room you chose would be b...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Gilbert, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

If you are use to quaint bed and breakfasts in an environment that is very Victorian, then this is not your place. While it looks like your typical B&B at the main lodge, there is an eclectic vibe I have never before seen in our cottage. Admittedly our cottage was a bit run down, and it was evident some repairs were needed. At first we were like, "Where are we???", and then you just shrug your shoulders and go exploring because the Peking cottage has a lot going on! Our room was clearly meant for couples only. Not shy couples. There are journals in this room of all of the past guest's escapades. We spent some time reading them, and had a lot of laughs. The gas fireplace was a beautiful touch. Breakfast served in our room was fantastic, and the host seems very pleasant. Not too overbearing, but there to help if needed. The only con, besides being more run down then one may initially expect, is that the wall are pretty thin by the bed. However, all in all, this place has a charm that isn't luxury, but funky and cool. And a heck of a lot of fun!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank aishamichelle74
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

Location, Location, Location. In addition to loving our surroundings near Red Rocks we were pleased every step of the way at the Cliff House. We found the owners, Angela & Daniel, to be warm, welcoming and extremely helpful with suggestions and tips for things to do in and around Morrison. They truly love what they do and it shows in the way they care for their guests and the passion they put into their work.

Breakfast was top notch with ample portions and a much appreciated way to start off the day. The cottage we stayed in was quaint and unique with a private hot tub area (what a treat to soak in after an amazing day of hiking). I truly felt at ease and able to relax knowing that if I needed anything to make my stay more comfortable Angela & Daniel would be looking to accommodate us as much as possible.

I have nothing but good things to say when I look back at my experience. Every expectation was met and even exceeded at times. We are already planning our next trip to Colorado and there is no doubt in my mind that we will be staying here again at some point in that next adventure.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank SaraJo1977
Leadville, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

Where do I start.... My girl friend and I came across the Cliff House in our quest for a getaway weekend for the John Mayer concert. The innkeepers Angela and Daniel were very helpful from the word go as they checked us into the Hogback Hideaway, their rustic cabin. After relaxing a little we enquired about the places around town to grab a bite to eat before the show, not only were they "spot on" with their dinner recommendation (a roof top tapas restaurant), they also told us about a hiking trail that led up to the back of Red Rocks so we didn't have to drive and park. They even supplied us with the headlamps to make the journey safely! The next morning was just as special, I think I counted four quiches, fresh squeezed OJ, and all the other breakfast essentials which we dined on while sitting on the very inviting porch.

So to sum it up.... This definitely is not the La Quinta (I have stayed in plenty of them) and if you are looking for the Ritz, well I think there is one in Beaver Creek, if you are looking for relaxing, private rooms run by great people, then the Cliff House is the spot for you! I know we will be going back!!!

Room Tip: Look at their web site and go with what moves you!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank J D
Nanjing, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

I am between a 3 and 4 star on this, but price pushed me to 3. The property is well located if going to Red Rocks and the town of Morrison (and surrounding) is a quaint place worth a few days of discovery. The property itself is tight and aged, but still each cottage feels private. We loved the breakfasts - my wife was truly inspired. We stayed in Camelot, and the resvation process, checkin and etc were all done as promised. My biggest disappointment is that the cottages are aged - not necessarily badly, but things didn't seem quite clean and crisp. I have a feeling that maintenance is tough in this place if constantly occupied and that shows. It seems like things have been given updating, but I think still needs another level up to justify prices.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank paul f
Westminster, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

July 28, 2013 Sunday
We stayed in the Honeymoon room. It was relaxing. I enjoy my Sunday bed and breakfast getaways. Steve and I go to a bed and breakfast every Sunday after working 3. 12 hour shifts. Thank you. Rita Bennett, Westminster, Colorado

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank ilovetotravvel2
Gaithersburg, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Visiting Red Rocks? Want to have a nearby oasis where you can relax in the hot tub, hang out on the deck, watch the humming birds and just chill in a conducive atmosphere?
This is the place!

If you're looking for plush comfort - maybe not. But if you're looking for a fun zone to host the crew before or after the show, you're in luck!

Thanks Daniel and Angela for making our visit absolutely perfect. We'll be back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DoodahMike
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morrison
Hampton Inn Denver West / Golden
Table Mountain Inn
Table Mountain Inn
#1 of 18 in Golden
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denver West - Golden
Residence Inn Denver West/Golden
Courtyard Denver West/Golden
The Golden Hotel, an Ascend Collection hotel

Been to Cliff House Lodge and Hot Tub Cottages? Share your experiences!