“Disappointed customer”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 17, 2012

My mother (90 yrs of age) and I had a bad experience at this restaurant. We of latino origin felt we were being segregated from the other customers. We are born citizens of the United States and have never encountered this discourtesy before. Several customers were being seated in other parts of the restaurant away from us. We were sat off to a corner with no other customers around us. Sad to say this is still happening in a country my father fought for in World War II. I love my country, and feel this is a disgrace.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I finally went to this restaurant in 2011. It was summer and I sat by the fire pit on the deck. Love the outside atmosphere. Food is good and portions are plentiful. I was hooked on this restaurant after my first visit. One downside is trying to get a margarita without salt on the rim is next to impossible, you can order it but it's a toss up. I can put up with the salt because everything else is quite good.

1  Thank Hernibs
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I have lived in the local area for over ten years. This is hands down our favorite restaurant in the Monument and north Colorado Springs area. It is a big favorite by local residents. This family owned place is open for lunch and dinner. We go there every few weeks in the evening. There is a nice patio area used in the summer months. They can accommodate large groups in a side enclosed area that adjoins the main dining area and bar. They have a good variety of Margaritas, which my wife really likes. Our favorite food is there Fajitas. We normally get the combo beef and chicken and split it three ways with our teenage son. The other food is also real good. Never had anything I didn't like. Green sauce is not up to NM standards, but I don't hold that against them because I've never found a good green sauce use outside of NM. They serve a hot and mild salsa with their chips. Chips are good but not great. Easy access from I25. Parking in their lot, on the street, or in the lot a short walk away if needed.

1  Thank SFRetSteve
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Our large group called ahead for a Saturday lunch reservation. We were given our own room, they happily took separate checks, and the food and service were superb. I had the chicken chimi, and my hubby had the shredded beef chimi. Others at the table had the fish burrito, chili rellenos, carnitas burrito, and beef and bean burrito. Everyone loved their meals. The place is adorable. We were not able to enjoy the patio because it was too cold, but we look forward to returning so we can sit out there. Don't miss this place!!

1  Thank Janet F
Reviewed October 11, 2012

First time here. Great menu to choose from.Good friendly staff.Food was 1st class. Decor. was good & everywhere was clean.If in the area will be back again.

1  Thank copenhagen50