“Really sad”
Review of Spicy Basil - CLOSED

Spicy Basil
Cuisines: Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese
Description: Newly opened in mid November 2011.
Description: Newly opened in mid November 2011.
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Some of the food is good, some is bad, but the service is just messed up. This is the second incarnation of this restaurant and they just can't get it right.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

I have eaten here a few times and loved their Vietnamese noodle bowl. They closed for a few weeks and did some remodeling. I think they changed their name also but are still at the same location. They seem to now be more focused on the Sushi crowd. I did order the noodle bowl after they remodeled and the quality was not near as good. I am not much of a raw fish fan, so I will probably not be going back. There is a Pho restaurant opening further down the strip mall, so I have my fingers crossed that I can get a good noodle bowl again.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

I was in the area running errands and used TripAdvisor's "Near me" feature on my iPhone to find a restaurant, and Spicy Basil popped up on my search!

The exterior is strip mall "blah," but the interior is funky. The service is a little awkward (I had two people offer to take my order) but friendly. The food is tasty, and the wine pours are generous.

I liked this place and would return should I need a casual, spicy little meal in the area again.

Reviewed April 26, 2012

I got takeout one night for $15, for one person that is just not right! Food was decent but I won't be returning.

Reviewed March 13, 2012

A wonderful experience from the time we were greeted to the time we left with our take home containers. It's set back near Safeway in a strip mall, but once you go inside it feels like a very welcome escape.
Both dishes we ordered were spectacular, and the staff was warm and friendly. Give this place a try!