“Horrible Experience”

Add it.
1st and 10
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Description: They are a sports bar that opened about a month ago in Monument
“Horrible Experience”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We went to this restaurant specifically for the wing challenge as my fiancé loves spice wings. The first time we went they were out of the sauce so they informed us they would order the sauce ASAP and he could do it the following week. The following week we called to make reservations (we had a large group) for the challenge and they again didn't have the sauce. Two weeks later, we called and they finally had the challenge sauce so we again made plans and went to the restaurant. My fiancé finished the challenge, a pretty incredible feat, in the record time and THEN was informed that they were out of the prize t-shirt. It's very disappointing to finish something like that and have no bragging rights or completion prize at the end. The staff was not concerned or sympathetic to their shortcomings. As a group, we decided that the establishment is mismanaged and has no special attributes, besides the wing challenge which is a farce. Nothing special and no reason to return.

• Visited August 2012

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“We've had great food and service here”
Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

We've been half a dozen times and have always had good service and really good food. That said, we're usually there during an off-time, not during a big sporting event. I've ordered the veggie pizza several times and it has been VERY good--some of the best I've had in the local area. The fried pickles and fish and chips are also quite good. Give it a try on a not-so-busy night..I know that defeats the purpose of a sports bar, but seems like they do better when they're not as crowded.

Monument, Colorado
“Wow! Surpised they serve food”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

This is just a bar, and not that good of one. What turn us off, was the guy tending bar (Tom or Todd)with the unkept goatee, that decided while we were eating dinner to continually walk to the large trash can and spit out teh flid from his chewing tobacco. Yes jsut made us want to finish all of our dinenr. Then when he was finished, he conveniently leaned his enitre head under the sink to flush out his tobacco ridden mouth, my wife put it simpy, "what a pig". Again this is not hidden back in the mens room, or even in the kitchen this is right out for all to see. It is a shame as I think the food could really be good menue seems very complete, but lets face it eating during this ritual kills any appetite at all. The bar must have at a minimum 15 TV's, all turned to the exact same statio so dont go expecting to see anything other than what the ownders deem worthy. They did however finally switch one fo the TVs in the bar so that folks could view the local news which just happed to have a wild fire requiring evacuation of local (Colorado Springs)residents. Then the ever so curteous barkeep decided that we all must be deaf and jacked up the volume the on theboxing match so that you could not even hear the people next to us ask if they couldl sit. But justified it by saying when it gets really busy in here you all will complain ou cant hear it (of course it wasnt busy now). Wont even go on about the local drunk that is allowed to sit and swill boosting of his medical marijana card and seeign if any of the singles want to go smoke one and of course ahve sex in the parking lot. This is all infront of the bartender. We were hoping for nice local bar that yes was not stiff, had good food,a nd able to have great converstations with other locals. Not so much. It was really just plain disappointing. On the plus side, again the menue seems great, the woman also bartending seemed a bit more professional very nice and okay on the attentiive side. BTW they are closed on Mondays not sure why maybe they do hair as well??

• Visited June 2012
Deming, New Mexico
“They aren't customer friendly! DO NOT order PIZZA!”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I was so excited when a sports bar opened in the Monument area. However in my visits there it has become obvious they are not customer oriented. First, their pizza is gross. The crust is doughy and way under cooked. After over a year, they still can't figure out how to cook in their pizza oven! Second, I had a coupon that was good for 12 free wings. They didn't put any expiration date or any other qualifications on it. The manager on duty came out and told me the coupons were old and no longer valid. When I discussed the fact there was no expiration date she rudely said "we won't honor any more". They don't need to worry, I won't go back! They need to move back to California where they came from!

Monument, Colorado
“Order the menu, literally”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Gave it a shot, twice, but that’s it. The menu looks awesome and if I had it to do over, that’s what I would have eaten. Appies are basic bar fare and run on the small side. Service is good on arrival but declines exponentially with each round. The wings are ok, if you like them small and over-priced, and the pizza has a pasty finish that I first blamed on low-quality cheese but decided it was the crust. There are around 20 screens streaming mostly UFC fights and anything not football (1st and 10, right?). Oh, and keep a tight reign on your belongings. You know that friend that always wanted to own a bar? That's this place. If you want to try this place out, hurry. I don’t anticipate it will be around long.

• Visited March 2012