“The greens are horrible, but...”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Kings Deer Golf Club
Ranked #7 of 9 things to do in Monument
More attraction details
Owner description: This 18-hole championship golf course plays through gently rolling meadows, ranging from 5,100 to 6,900 yards ensuring a challenging round for beginner and pro golfers alike.
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Over the years my friends and I have played Kings Deer quite often. We just played again early in July 2013. The greens are in horrible condition--not only are they not green but they are very bumpy and it's a pure guess whether a good putt is going to turn away or a missed putt is going to go in the hole anyway. So we have agreed we'll not be back for a few months when there's a chance the greens will be playable. But having said that, I still give the course the "average" rating because we paid $40 each, which included greens fee, cart, and free lunch. It's the lunch in the much improved dining area that allowed me to give a rating of three instead of one. The menu is much expanded from past days. The dining area is very attractively laid out with nice, clean, green tablecloths. The service was also better than in the past as they have hired at least one or two new waitresses. For our $40 fee we were allowed to pick anything on the menu and there were some good choices. So we had a great lunch in a pleasant setting and decent service. As for the course, I can only say we all played the same greens so no one had an advantage. And we did have fun.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Played this course several times this May(2013) when Monument Hill CC was closed and it seems that the condition later in May is worse than early May. There is no grass on the greens, they are brown. The fairways have very little grass but lots of dirt and dandelions. The first cut of rough is the only deep green grass on the course. There is drinking water on the course but no cups. All in all, it is a pretty dismal experience. While they may tout it as a "Scottish Golf Experience", they don't say that nearly always includes lots of wind. Not a very enjoyable round but they have greatly reduced the price. $16 for a walking 18 holes is a low price but unfortunately it is not a walking friendly course with considerable distance from green to next tee.

1  Thank LMP10
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

I have golfed here before and I said then that, for the money, this was a poor value. I guess I forgot or that maybe I was hoping it would be improved in some way. This was worse than any of the public courses in the area except for glen eagle.

1  Thank 5Roses
Reviewed January 19, 2013

The greens were nice, interesting course layout. It is very hot in summer without any trees or shade. There are better courses in Monument, especially for the price.

1  Thank HungryWon