“Great place to stay!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Monument
Salisbury, Maryland
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Sundance Mountain Lodge while were in town to ride in the Elephant Rock Century Ride in Castle Rock. The service at the Lodge was terrific. I had contacted the lodge a few days before we flew out to CO to see if they would store our bikes (which we had shipped before we left) until we arrived. They were very accommodating and had our bikes safely locked up in storage for us until we arrived. Our room was very comfortable and the breakfast they provided each morning was nice. We enjoyed our stay at the lodge and the hospitality we received while we were there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
GEO-on-the-go, Owner at Ramada Monument, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
so glad you enjoyed our little resort. please come back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We were recently evacuated for the Black Forest Fire. We checked in at the Sundance Mountain Lodge. The next day, at the 5 pm news conference, they declared our neighborhood downgraded to pre-evac. When we went to check out, exclaiming "Good news! We get to go home!" We were told there was "bad news" in that they were charging us for that night as well! To be punished for wanting to check on our homes and sleep in our own beds is ridiculous! Will never stay or recommend this property!

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank Jcarbest
GEO-on-the-go, Manager at Ramada Monument, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Please accept our apology for your unsatisfactory checkout. I'm sorry our staff made you feel this way.

Over the last week we have been doing our very best to serving our community at this time of trouble. We reduced our rates, opened our nearly remodeled wing 2 weeks early at even further reductions, have housed (and continue to house) emergency response workers as well as people who had been evacuated, including several who have lost their homes.

Our staff had done the best they could working extended hours and trying to accommodate as many distressed travelers as humanly possible. If you had asked for our General Manager at the time you checked out she would have been more than happy to settle the situation to your liking, so I'm really sad that you did not give us that chance.

Our front desk had to turn so very many evacuees away due to lack of available or clean rooms, so it was stressful for them as well. It was never our intention to 'take advantage of fire victims' in any way; we also served our neighbors well during the Waldo Canyon Fire. I'm confident they did the best job they could at this distressing time. Several of our own employees were evacuees as well.

We are refunding your second day to your credit card.

Travelers are raving about these Monument hotels

Santa Monica, California, United States
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I had almost forgotten about this place, but theI don't think I've ever seen a bigger difference between the way a property looks in photos and the way it looks in real life. The food at the restaurant was mediocre, at best. The owner heard us complaining (to ourselves) and rolled his eyes at us. I guess his opinion is more important. The place looks like it is hurting for cash, with deferred maintenance issues in plain sight. There is lots of interesting decor, but also lots of shabby. The freeway & fire truck noise didn't help. Not coming back.

Room Tip: Not sure if a good room exists.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Mindy M
GEO-on-the-go, Owner at Ramada Monument, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
All of our staff takes the hospitality service very seriously. This week we have over 50 grateful evacuees from the local fires and I personally received dozens, literally dozens of thankyous. One person said: "thanks for taking care of us", another said:"thanks for making this a home for us". I certainly apologize if you got the impression i was rolling my eyes as that is not something i would EVER do. On the contrary, I welcome feedback, negative or positive.
Regarding the state of the hotel, we have put in over $2 Million in renovations and it is paying off; business is up over 40% this year. We have had 48 months of operation and only 2 months have not exceeded the previous year. We have a proud team and lots of repeat customers.
Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Love this place. Have stayed here a few times and had a pleasurable stay so we decided to have my daughters wedding and reception here. The outside courtyard ceremony was beautiful and the reception/banquet hall was very spacious with a large dance floor that accommodated our 100 guests very nicely. The fire pits with smores was a success for all the kids (big and little) at the wedding:-) The food is spectacular, service is great, and the rooms clean and quiet. We had over 50 family members with rooms and they were all great. Bridal suite is amazing. We will be back for another get away soon.....I like that fact that they have pet rooms. Oakleys Café & Bistro is very good (best steak ever) with live music and entertainment on weekends.

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms have a beautiful view of courtyard
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kim F
I am so pleased that we lived up to or reputation and that your guests were satisfied. It is stressful to have family and friends come to an event you are organizing and I am glad we came thru. As the front desk about deals we give to Sundance-wedded couples on their anniversary!
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed June 2, 2013

My husband and I recently stopped at the Sundance Mountain Lodge for one night. We had been driving for several hours and needed to stop for the night. I knew nothing about the Monument area but luckily a nice clerk at the 7Eleven across the highway suggested we stay here.

We arrived with no reservation but since it was a Tuesday night we were able to get a room right away. The gal at the Front Desk was very helpful and friendly and even upgraded my husband and I to a courtyard facing room. The price was very reasonable and also included a complimentary breakfast, free wifi, and an outdoor hot tub. They were also pet friendly which is hard to find now a days. We didn't bring our dog this trip but will definitely keep this place in mind the next time we visit Colorado.

The room itself was very clean and comfortable. Plus having the courtyard view was such a treat. There was even a nice patio to sit on that was perfect for sipping a glass of wine while looking at the mountains. Couldn't have asked for a more convenient and relaxing hotel even if it was just for the night. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a courtyard view if available. Also make sure to ask for a map of the property so you can na...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Craig B
GEO-on-the-go, Owner at Ramada Monument, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thanks for stopping and writing about it! You are our type of traveler: you enjoy balconies, views and pet-friendliness! Glad our staff was their usual selves!
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I was very disappointed with my stay. My sisters and I tried the hotel since it was near family--wont do that again. Th e stay started with them claiming we had no reservation, they did rectify that by providing me with a room that smelled of dirty socks and cigarette smoke. I refused the room was was upgraded to a room with no maid service, no hand soap at bathroom sink, no remote for the TV--they stated they were to busy to send maintenence up to my room. The room were dark and musty smelling and not lock on sliding glass door--just a wooden stick to stick in frame. I was on the first floor so did not find this to be a great security measure. The bed was comfy will give them that but I felt like I walked into a Stephen King novel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank deborah b
GEO-on-the-go, Owner at Ramada Monument, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
We dropped the ball on this one and I take full responsibility for your unpleasant experience. I apologize. We have been completely sold out the past couple of weeks and you were put in a smoking room (of which we only have 2). You should have been notified that this was all we had left. Actually you should have been told at time of reservation.

We are in the process of opening up another building for guests to accommodate overflow but it was not completely ready -thus the lack of TV remotes and other details.

Please contact me directly should you choose to come back. I promise a better experience; goakley@sundancemountainlodge.com
Independence, Missouri
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We travel often and this experience has been one of the worse I have ever dealt with.

The ONLY thing I can say about this stay was our room was clean. However, the bathtub was bowed in the middle and sinking in so it felt like at any time we would fall straight through it. When we arrived, it looked like we would have a beautiful view with he mountains according to the way your lodge described it in its advertisement. We were stuck on a bottom floor looking at the front door of the other side of the lodge rooms. When I asked if we could have a room with a view since there was seemingly plenty of room by the looks of the blinds open and lack of cars in the parking lot, the front desk lady looked at me as if I had a disease and was very very rude to me.

Each morning we went to breakfast was a dreaded experience in itself. The first morning there was very select food to choose from, so we tried a waffle, in which there was not even enough batter in the "serving cups they put out" to make half a waffle, so that was not an option to have a waffle. The second morning we were there, the microwave blew the breaker so half the dining room went out, making it impossible to make waffles, toast, or anything hot, it took them several employees and 40 minutes later to fix it.

I called down to ask where to get ice. I was told I had to walk down to the office to get ice or the strip of rooms across from us to get Ice, and if I needed a soda or vending items I had to go across to get that as well, We were on one side of the pool and told we had to walk all the way over to the other side of the pool to get ice or vending items, the office was just as far. I have never stayed at a hotel/motel where I had to leave one entire building to the next just for ice.
Lastly.....your staff at this lodge was the RUDEST staff I have ever dealt with. We had 2 $20 food vouchers to use with our groupons. Both times we went to the dining room to eat, we had to wait for our service, they were soooooo busy training a new gal the first night, the waitress made training her new staff a priority instead of her customers. Paying or not, it was uncalled for services. It seemed to me that if you were not a regular at the bar, or there to drink alcohol like a fish, you were treated disrespectful. Both nights we ate there, it was NOT busy at all, so that was not the reason for our very poor rude service.

I must however say, the food was excellent, it was the best thing about our experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JustMe5555555555
GEO-on-the-go, Owner at Ramada Monument, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
I am sorry we did not meet your expectations. We are adding another ice machine to make the walk a bit easier and I have passed on message to be sure to fill the waffle mix.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monument
Fairfield Inn & Suites Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy
Fairfield Inn & Suites Colorado ...
#45 of 105 in Colorado Springs
Drury Inn & Suites Colorado Springs near the Air Force Academy
Drury Inn & Suites Colorado Spri...
#2 of 105 in Colorado Springs
Best Western Plus Peak Vista Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus Peak Vista Inn...
#5 of 105 in Colorado Springs
Days Inn Colorado Springs Air Force Academy
Days Inn Colorado Springs Air Fo...
#25 of 105 in Colorado Springs
Quality Inn & Suites, Garden of the Gods
Quality Inn & Suites, Garden of ...
#42 of 105 in Colorado Springs
Econo Lodge North Academy
Econo Lodge North Academy
#72 of 105 in Colorado Springs

Been to Ramada Monument? Share your experiences!