“Great place to stop for the night”
Review of Ramada Monument

Ramada Monument
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Monument
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Sundance Mountain Lodge, hidden off I-25 just a short distance has everything you need for a comfortable stay. Lovely grounds, Café and Bistro and a friendly and helpful staff. Beds are comfortable as are the rooms. The balconies are a big plus-- a great place to unwind after a day on the road or in a business meeting. The breakfast is good with something for everyone. By far, the best place we stayed on our trip and that includes a Marriott Hotel, Best Western and Ramada. And the best part? All this at a reasonable price! When in the Colorado Springs area, I will stay again.

Room Tip: Get a balcony! And be sure to have the desk clerk explain how the in-room coffee pot works... :)
Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
GEO-on-the-go, Owner at Ramada Monument, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

We are thrilled that it was the best place to stay on your trip! I would recommend a courtyard room or one with a view over the pond and Pikes Peak. Our balconies are very popular.

Thanks for the honor of serving you!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed staying at Sundance Mountain Lodge. We were celebrating our 15 year wedding anniversary. The room was clean and spacious with a very comfortable king size bed. It was quiet which is just what we needed. The grounds were well kept. The price is very reasonable and came with a nice continental breakfast. I would highly recommend!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

So glad you had a peaceful stay. We have cement walls which certainly helps. Thanks for spending your special day with us! We are honored.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

The rooms were large and clean. There was a great view. Everyone was super friendly! The breakfast offered an excellent selection as well and the breakfast attendant was very attentive.

We stayed for 4 nights and I will definitely stay at this hotel again when I return to the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks for the pleasant response. We have had lots of positives about our staff and breakfast. Hurry back!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I frequent the resort on a regular basis and I absolutely love it here. The rustic feel and decor, along with non-white walls, Comfortable beds and balconies to hang out, There are a ton of ducks that people (especially kids) can let them eat out of their hands, The most impressive things I have seen here are weddings and banquet functions. If you drive by late in the week, it will be full of diners and dancers. It would be a good place to watch a ballgame and have a few drinks. The weddings I have seen here really have been put together well. In the courtyard, there is a fire pit, hot tub and pool, and a gazebo that is used for many wedding pictures. If you want to relax and nap outside, the hammock is perfect. Though it sits on a major highway (as do most hotels), you will have plenty of privacy. The staff always has a smile on their faces. The new management team, and a remodel of one wing make this place fun, relaxing, and peaceful. This truly is a resort, unlike the motel/hotel which is overpriced with no customer service. You will be glad you chose this place for functions, happy hour, dinner, and a quiet atmosphere;

Room Tip: The back wing has a perfect view of the ducks from the patio. They do have a washer and dryer (coin...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

I am so glad you get the 'vision' of the place. There are not many hotels where you can hang out on a balcony or hammock and feed the ducks! Especially at the price of Sundance. We look forward to having you back.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I travel quite often for business and therefore get to stay at some very nice hotels. This deal came across my email from Amazon so we thought we would give it a shot as a weekend getaway. The staff was friendly, the room was clean but was fairly outdated (sheets need to be replaced and maybe at least increase the threadcount a bit), the pillows need to be replaced and the room was very dark. On our last day we slept in and therefore missed our chance for hot water in the shower. YES, they ran out of hot water. Who does that these days? We had drinks in the bar which is sort of hip and has a lot of potential from the decor but didn't quite get there. I know the owner claims he has a professional chef but our artichoke dip was overly microwaved and was not top-notch in any form or fashion. No "chef" would have served that "food". The glasses were spotted and it ust didn't feel clean. We had to drive to the back of the hotel to get to our room and on the way there had to pass a disgusting trash area. This should be fenced in and maintained so the guests don' have to look at it. I would say with a little more work and attention to detail this place might be OK.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for an updated room and one that is away from the freeway.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Sounds like you had a mixed visit. Just to let you know, we have ordered more linens and have spruced up trash area. I agree, it was ugly. We did have a very,very large funeral group and everyone took a shower at the same time and unfortunately our heaters could not keep up. Generally this is not a problem as we have adequate commercial units.
Actually, I am a photographer not a chef. However, I will look into the less than spectacular artichoke dip. Incidentally, that is one of our most popular items.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

My wife and I and dog were very pleased with our 2 day stay. Most impressive were the very adequate continental breakfast,, and the included use of Tri lakes Fitness Center just down the hill. We would definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks for the kind words. We do have lovely courtyard rooms. We have been adding extensions to make the outlets easier to get to.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I wrote a previous review but somehow it got deleted, so I'm trying again in an effort to prevent others encountering the same experience I had.

The property has some nice decor, and with skillfully angled photos it looks great on the web. However, once you get there you'll realize that this "mountain lodge" is really nothing of the sort. It's a truck stop type location, immediately off the exit of I-25, a major interstate, and has everything in terms of "atmosphere" you would expect from that, and more...

In addition, there is a wastewater treatment plant right next door (check google maps if you don't believe me.. Woodmoor Water & Sanitation) and a sewer smell pervaded the property. It might have come from the "pond" which was pretty rancid looking, I don't know. In any case, I had to wash all my clothes when I got home, including items I had not worn, to remove the stench.

In case the highway and the smell is not enough to keep you from sleeping, there is also a fire station next door. The 2am fire resulting in several repeated sirens waking me up again and again was the icing on the cake.

Stay away. Stay far away.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank As A
GEO-on-the-go, Owner at Ramada Monument, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Please stop the fraudulent reviews! We do have the local water district next door, but it is the corporate offices, NOT the treatment plant! According to Lance Nielsen, Operations Superintendent, the water treatment facility is over 3 miles away. Next to our hotel is the lake that supplies water to the town, so it is very clean.
Our pond is spring-fed and a pleasant amenity to the property; guests and neighborhood kids feed the ducks and geese.
We do have a fire station next door, but have NEVER gotten a complaint, nor have we EVER had a comment about sewer smells!
We welcome comments, even negative ones, because it helps us improve. But we do not accept fraudulent ones!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Monument
Fairfield Inn & Suites Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy
Fairfield Inn & Suites Colorado ...
#44 of 104 in Colorado Springs
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#70 of 104 in Colorado Springs
Rogers Inn The Pines
Rogers Inn The Pines
#1 of 1 in Monument

Been to Ramada Monument? Share your experiences!