“Decent place to stay”
Review of Ramada Monument

Ramada Monument
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Monument
Reviewed December 2, 2012

My family and I were here for a wedding in June of this year. It was a nice place. They put our entire family in the same area so it was nice being able to see my next door without bothering other guests. We had big glass sliding doors in our room. It was interesting I was told we could get a room with a microwave and fridge for a fee which we did not, however my mom and dad had a microwave in their room and did not have to pay the fee. It's just a good thing to have both in a room. I know my mom wanted to have a fridge due to her insulin but they just went to wal mart and got a cooler and filled it with ice. The beds were not that bad and my fiance and son slept well. Overall it was a nice place. The rooms were pretty good size and I loved the shampoo, conditioner, and soap dispensers on the wall in the bathroom. Something I would like to do in my house. Very nice to have with bathing a 2 year old quickly. I would recommend this place for people who don't mind the outdoorsy look and feel. I noticed there were a lot of ants on the property but with how it's set up its to be expected. I would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
GEO-on-the-go, Owner at Ramada Monument, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Thank you for the positive comments. We do have micros and fridges in all of our courtyard rooms. The rooms cost an extra $10 but also have nice courtyard views. Sorry if there was a mixup with microwaves; We have a couple of extras for special circumstances, but eventually we want to have them in all rooms. All the rooms have sliding doors that open to the patio, so i am glad you enjoyed that amenity along with the eco-friendly personal products.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

We stayed 5 nights with 4 children and 2 poms. The rooms was amazing with 2 bathrooms, beautifully decorated. The staff was very polite and made sure we had everything we needed. The children loved feeding the ducks and e hot tub. We had a very peaceful visit and toured pikes peak as well as the caves. Oakley's was the best food of the entire trip! Monitou Steaks, nachos and fresh veggies were amazing. We chose to eat There 3 of the 5 nights! Between Happy Hour, and free breakfast we saved a lot of money as well. Will come again! Amazing place for parties and weddings as well, just beautiful!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
GEO-on-the-go, Owner at Ramada Monument, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Thanks for the kind words! I am glad you mentioned the kids and things to do on property and nearby. Kids do love the duck pond and the waterfalls and the stream and the pool and the basketball hoop and the horeshoe pit and the tipi...Parents love the convenience to get to all the sights, just off the highway between Denver and The Springs and the fact that they can stay here and not drive to eat out!

Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed one night and enjoyed all aspects. I think what is particularly appreciated is the difference from the sterile atmosphere is national chains. Our room had hand troweled walls, for example, the decor in the bar had old record albums on the walls, and other touches like that were nice.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk for the best rooms. They will be helpful and honest.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

The little touches make our place unique and I am glad you value those artistic details. Many people are tired of the same old "sameness". We try to be different, thus our mantra:"Up here... we do things a little differently". Our ballroom has hand painted copper accents, our walls are all hand-troweled, our bar has photos of local patrons, our room numbers are made by local artisan....
Many people "get it", some don't. But that is fine.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

This place offers excellent food, a friendly staff, and rooms that are a refreshing alternative to the character-less, cookie-cutter boxes found in most hotel chains. The well-decorated rooms feature wonderfully plush sheets and towels, and views onto grounds that are nicely landscaped and offer an open and airy feeling to the experience. This seems a nice example of a local, independently-owned hotel that offers good service, good value, and smiles. We found our stay here to be refreshing--and reaffirming that local ownership indeed makes a difference!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Indeed we are "refreshing" and I appreciate your comments. Where else can you have a patio with doors that actually open to fresh air! We have grass and mature trees and a locals restaurant - you are not stuck in a sea of pavement with a Denny's next door (nothing against Dennys!).

Reviewed November 13, 2012

For those of you that fell for the description on Groupon, good luck! My husband and I figure the only reason for the "waterfall" is to drown out the sound of the highway!!! It's not really close to anything decent and if you want to visit one of the beautiful sites they mention, be prepared to drive longer than expected because it certainly isn't as close as they want you to think!!!! The name Sundance Mountain Lodge sounds so much prettier than I-25 Overlook Motel, doesn't it?

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Welltraveled20007
GEO-on-the-go, Owner at Ramada Monument, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

This comment is completely unjustified and insulting. Please read our website which clearly states that we are: 5 miles (10 minutes) from Air Force Academy, 20 minutes from Garden of the Gods, 30 minutes from Pikes Peak. ALL OF WHICH CAN BE SEEN FROM OUR PROPERTY! It also states that we are "Conveniently located ON I-25!" And yes, the waterfalls were put in to make the atmosphere more pleasing. Our guests love them.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I thought the property was very nice. The staff was very friendly but the rooms were average. My opinion was the rooms are too small for 2 adults and 2 teenagers. Also there seems to be a problem with the hot water. The longer we stayed the colder the water was. We stayed there four nights. The last night we had no hot water. Also they have wireless Internet but it is sketchy at best (at least the area we stayed in). The hotel offers a continental breakfast which is nice. I think the hotel could be very nice but they have some work to do.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
GEO-on-the-go, Owner at Ramada Monument, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Only Average?! How disappointing. Unfortunately it is true that our rooms only accommodate two full mattresses so beds could be kind of small to share with large teenagers. Glad you liked the food, service, staff, grounds etc...

Reviewed November 11, 2012

The staff was very friendly, and the room was quite nice. It looked to be quite a pretty place,although we got there late and left early. My friend said she wanted to stay there again when she and her boyfriend are going to be back in the Springs. The continental breakfast was a bonus and kept us is good stead on our early departure back to Denver and work. I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Thanks for the kind words. Please come back! We have lots and lots of repeat customers!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Monument
Fairfield Inn & Suites Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy
Fairfield Inn & Suites Colorado ...
#38 of 104 in Colorado Springs
Best Western Plus Peak Vista Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus Peak Vista Inn...
#4 of 104 in Colorado Springs
Drury Inn & Suites Colorado Springs near the Air Force Academy
Drury Inn & Suites Colorado Spri...
#2 of 104 in Colorado Springs
Days Inn Colorado Springs Air Force Academy
Days Inn Colorado Springs Air Fo...
#41 of 104 in Colorado Springs
MCM Elegante Suites
MCM Elegante Suites
#53 of 104 in Colorado Springs
Hampton Inn & Suites Air Force Academy
Hampton Inn & Suites Air Force A...
#6 of 104 in Colorado Springs

Been to Ramada Monument? Share your experiences!