“Delicious”

Don Jilberto Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 100 Restaurants in Montrose
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

This was our first visit to Don Jilberto's...and we were quite impressed. The decor leaves a bit to be desired, but the food we had was very good. The menu is so extensive that we had trouble deciding what to order! My husband had ground beef enchiladas (excellent, though served on a styrofoam plate) & I had a carnitas/guacamole/pico de gallo burrito (excellent seasoning...so large that I could eat only half of it). We will go back again, soon.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

The menu is quite extensive so if you've never been there before it can be overwhelming. I had the carne asada and it was very good. Not much ambiance, but good food.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Yummy good food and a great place. We each had a combo meal and both were tasty. Nice friendly people here - service with a smile. Prices were good, too. Yummy Yummy!!!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

While in Montrose we ate there twice. The best Mexican Restaurant that I have ever been to and just for validity sake, I live in Southern Cal where there is a Mex restaurant on every corner. I highly recommend this one.

1  Thank Murray G
Reviewed September 9, 2013

During a week in Montrose, I chose this restaurant. As a lover of Mexican food, I'm always looking - and always trying them out. This was excellent - great salsa and very tasty food (most likely, chicken enchiladas with chili verde.)

A few days later, during the same short visit, we wanted to join another couple of friends for lunch. They suggested Don Jilberto's. Did we politely decline? suggest another venue? Why, no - we were ready for another excellent dining experience, and we were not disappointed.

The place is decorated in a fun way, and the staff is good. And the food - just what the lady ordered.

1  Thank ColoradoCshel