“Yummy food - neat place”

Don Jilberto Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 95 Restaurants in Montrose
Cuisines: Mexican
Texas
“Yummy food - neat place”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Yummy good food and a great place. We each had a combo meal and both were tasty. Nice friendly people here - service with a smile. Prices were good, too. Yummy Yummy!!!

• Visited August 2013

Blanding, United States
“Super Mex food”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

While in Montrose we ate there twice. The best Mexican Restaurant that I have ever been to and just for validity sake, I live in Southern Cal where there is a Mex restaurant on every corner. I highly recommend this one.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Murray G
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Twice in one week? It must be good!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

During a week in Montrose, I chose this restaurant. As a lover of Mexican food, I'm always looking - and always trying them out. This was excellent - great salsa and very tasty food (most likely, chicken enchiladas with chili verde.)

A few days later, during the same short visit, we wanted to join another couple of friends for lunch. They suggested Don Jilberto's. Did we politely decline? suggest another venue? Why, no - we were ready for another excellent dining experience, and we were not disappointed.

The place is decorated in a fun way, and the staff is good. And the food - just what the lady ordered.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank ColoradoCshel
Durango, Colorado
“Authentic Mexican food”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stop by Don Jilberto's on nearly every trip through Montrose, and we are never disappointed. Their burritos (we've had the carne asada, pulled chicken, green chile, and chile relleno burritos) are large and filling. We've also tried their tacos and quesadillas, which were also yummy. The place isn't fancy, and most of the time we order ahead and pick up our food. The price is reasonable.

Visited May 2013
Montrose, Colorado
“Good inexpensive fast Mexican food.”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

The food is decent and they have good salsas. I don't like that they serve their food on Styrofoam plates and have only plastic utensils. Putting hot food on Styrofoam causes the Styrofoam to release its chemicals into the food, and I suffer anaphylactic reactions. So, unless I plan to go their and remember to take my own plate, I only order the burritos, which come wrapped in wax coated paper. The meat is low quality, but it is well seasoned and the portions are big.

Visited February 2013