“Favorite lunch place.”

Don Jilberto Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 100 Restaurants in Montrose
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I work near this restaurant and eat here an average of twice a month. There is nothing fancy about Don Jilberto's, but the service is friendly and the food is good. I've eaten a swath through the menu and can't think of anything I did not like. I have things I like better, but nothing I dislike. And they let me practice my poor spanish there.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Staff is not always friendly to "Gringos". Booths are not always cleaned off. I enjoy the food for it does not have the taste similar to that of TV dinners or fast food. Their breakfast dishes are the finest in Mexican food.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

My husband and I eat here a lot! The chicken tacos have a huge chunk of whole chicken breast inside it. I've never seen that before. The fish tacos and chimichangas are really goood also. The only turn-off here, which is understandable, is the floor can become very dirty when it snows. People come and go with their boots on, and oh boy that looks gross.

Reviewed April 3, 2012

Great authentic Mexican fast food ! They have a huge menu and the place is always busy - in the morning with take-out orders for the working mans lunch, at noon with locals and travelers and into the afternoon for that early dinner.

I love the tortas (Mexican sandwiches) - served on fantastic bread with that slather of guacamole. Try the torta adobada - pork with an adobo marinade ! Oh, yeah - that's the good stuff.

Reviewed March 26, 2012

We eat here often and it is a simple place..good service and good food