“"I'm Sorry"” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Montrose
Fort Worth, Texas
“"I'm Sorry"”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

Let me start by saying the rooms and the hotel are clean and in good condition and If I wouldn't have had an issue I would be giving this hotel 4 or 5 stars.
Here is what happened. My husband and I went over to the movies and stayed at this hotel because our normal Hampton Inn was already full for the night.
Getting ready for bed at about 11 pm you can hear kids running and screaming up and down the halls. I didn't think much of it and was able to go to sleep. But at 6 am I was rudely awoken by girls screaming and yelling and banging doors. I got up and they were no longer in the hall way. When I went down to breakfast (it was good and the staff very friendly) I heard others who were also on the 3rd floor that had been kept up all night by the same group of girls I had heard. I went and talked to the front desk and all I was told was I'm Sorry, it was a girls birthday party sleep over. Not anything else. No its not completely the hotels fault, The parents should keep better watch over their children. But could the hotel have not put the sleep over party on the 1st floor away from other guests that might want to sleep? I expected some kind of compensation. Even a 5% discount would have meant something. We had a similar experience in one of the Hilton Chain hotels and our room was comped without me even having to complain.

Room Tip: DO NOT get one by the elevators
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Andrea G
MontroseGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Montrose, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thank you for taking your time to share your experience with us.
We are really sorry you did not have the rest you deserved, and that unfortunately we were not able to control the children as we should, your suggestion about putting the sleep over party on the first floor was very well taken and prompted us to change our procedures for future bookings.
We are relieved to hear that most of areas we have control over were up to your standards, as we thrive to offer the best experience possible to our guests, we also apologize for not offering a remedy for your concerns at the time and we hope that you give us another chance.
Thank you for your feedback!
Happy Travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Warm cookies await you in the lobby. There is a free airport shuttle. And the indoor swimming pool is great. Also the wifi is free and powerful. The hallways are wide and well-lit. There is nice art in the lobby. Rooms are very clean even if small. Breakfast is great for early morning departure -- simple but perfectly nice, and free. The staff was warm and accommodating.

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank wellheeledboston
Thank you for taking your time to write us a review, we appreciate your words, we are happy to hear that even though it was an “unplanned” stay, you could experience our hospitality and have a good time! Let us know if we could have done anything differently to make you feel at home!
Again, thank you for your feedback and your business!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Our flight was 8 hours delayed and we ended up spending the night in town. Here's wonderful hotel in Montrose. Lovely, clean and comfortable bed. Best of all was the staff. Special thanks to the front desk staff, especially Ashley! We look forward to our next visit. Hopefully planned this time :-)

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jan I
MontroseGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Montrose, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you for your review and your lovely words to our staff.
Ashley is great and she really cares for our guests, I'm glad that we were able to take care of you and your needs, and your stay albeit unexpected was delightful nonetheless.
Let us know if you have any question or suggestions.
Thank you for your feedback and business!
Happy travels!
Albany, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Came down from Telluride awaiting midday flight the next day. Smooth check in, pleasant staff. Had microwave and fridge in room, clean comfortable and pleasant. Breakfast was good and included, as was an on demand airport shuttle. Small fitness room and indoor pool with outdoor spa. Grocery next door and a couple of restaurants within walking distance. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MK46r
Thank you for taking your time to write us a review.
We really appreciated your feedback, and we are delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay!
Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any suggestions on how to improve our service to you.
We hope you had a great time in Telluride and that next time you come to enjoy the Western Slopes of Colorado. You stop by again!

Denver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

No liquor license yet, so I couldn't have my evening beer. Staff very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and quiet. This part of town isn't the most desirable, but overall this was nice. Hot tub and pool were both clean, plenty of towels.

• Stayed February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review!
As you pointed out, pretty soon we will be able to sell beer and wine on our Gift shop. We are very excited about it and we are counting the days to get our retail liquor licence up and running for the convenience of our guests.
We appreciate your business and we hope that next time you visit our beautiful Montrose, you can have your evening beer without having to leave our grounds.
Again thank you for your feedback!

Happy travels!
Morgantown, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

The hotel is super clean and has one of the best hotel team that I have experienced. Breakfast was always hot and fully stocked. I did have a minor issue with my door not opening, but Jared stepped right in and fixed it. Crystal and Ashley always greeted me by my first name every time is entered the hotel and they always made sure that I had everything that I needed. I stayed in the hotel for several weeks due to work and these 3 really made me feel like it was home!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Seth R
MontroseGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Montrose, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you for taking your time to write us a review, our team is commited to deliver the best experience possible to our guests, and we are very happy to hear that you felt at home when staying with us.
I'll make sure that Jared, Crystal and Ashley receive a copy of your wonderful words, It will make their day! This kind of feedback is what it makes working in a hospitality industry so rewarding.
Please do not hesitate in contact us if you have any suggestions to improve our service, we are all ears!
Again, Thank you for your review and your business we are looking forward to see you again.

Sioux Center, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

Nice quiet hotel that is located close to everything Montrose has to offer. The breakfast is delicious, nice selection of food. Room spacious and quiet. Close to the beautiful San Juan Mt. Easy drive to Black Canyon of the Gunnison, Telluride, Ridgeway and Ouray- for a swim in their hot springs. Well worth the price.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank studentforpnp
Thank you for taking your time to write us a review.

We agree with you, our beautiful Montrose is a great, Basecamp for Fun, with lots to do just "down the road", and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed the area!
Our clean and newly renovated hotel is also very well located within the city, close to restaurants, grocery stores, downtown, golf courses and we would like to thank you for pointed it out.
We are looking forward to see you again next time you come to enjoy the Western Slopes.

Thank you for your feedback and business.