“Cracked.”

Days Inn Montrose
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Montrose
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 30, 2012

First off, I'm not sure how this was rated as high as it was. I thought I was being generous giving it a 3 out of 5. Not quite as low as a 2, but almost. I can say that the room was usable, but certainly not all that pleasant. The sink was cracked, the bathroom tiles were cracked, Everything just had the look that it should be replaced. The room looked as though an attempt had been made to remodel it, but a feeble attempt. They used the texture spray to try to spiff things up, but they didn't bother to cover electric outlets or move electrical cords. My stay was in the rear building and the wi-fi was just barely usable there. If I ever make a stop in Montrose again, I will find a different place.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager-17542, General Manager at Days Inn Montrose, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for your review. The Staff and I are sorry we fell below your expectation; Thanks for pointing out the issues in the room I wish I knew about them when you were here so we could address them better. We do have about 10 bathrooms on our list to remold this yr and there will be more the following. I don’t know about the outlet we are unable to find a missing one?

Brandon Hert
Always striving to move forward

Reviewed September 29, 2012

I stayed at the Days Inn motel in Montrose Colorado last week and I'd have to say that it rates an O.K. but not a great rating.

I had booked this motel because they were "Pet Friendly" and I was traveling with my Yellow Lab. The cost was around $95.00 including a $10.00 charge for my dog. I'm not sure exactly why they charge for the dog. It's certainly not like they provide anything special for him. He sleeps on the floor and brings his own "woobie" to lie on. I suppose it's just another way to make $10.00 bucks..

We were checked in quickly and assigned to a second floor room with a king bed. This motel has two buildings. The main building is the larger "L" shaped building and there is a smaller building at the rear of the property.

So I went to the smaller building and found the room itself to be kind of small but clean. It was equipped with a small fridge and a microwave.
I then got the dog and tried to convince him to go up the metal stairs. I must add that he is 10 years old and has never used stairs in his life. There are 17 stairs going straight up to the second floor without a landing. The stairs have holes or openings in them to allow snow to fall thru in the winter. So my dog stepped on the first stair and his feet felt the holes and he freaked out. There are no risers on these stairs either so he could see straight thru the back of the stair. To say the least, he was not very happy. Eventually I was able to get him up the stairs with some assistance from my wife. Whew!!

I went back to the office and asked if we could please switch to a first floor room and was told that all of the first floor rooms were already booked. It was 6:00 P.M. at this time. Oh well..

We decided to bring food back to the room for dinner, so my wife went to the restaurant at the front of the property and ordered two burgers and fries for us. The waitress was friendly and when my wife told her that we would have come in to eat except that we were traveling with the dog and because we did not want to leave him alone in the room we were getting take out, she gave my wife some left over steak in a Doggie Bag for our pooch. The two burgers ran $17.00. Kinda pricey if you ask me.

Parking was limited and folks watched for someone to pull out so that they could run down and get their car to move to a better parking place nearer to the building they were staying in. Some of the parking was in the back of the building and it was very poorly lit and right on a dark side street with no other houses or businesses near by. Just a dark, back, street.. I sure would not want my wife to park there and walk into the building at night.

The night passed quickly and the guests at the nearby pool quieted down around 11:00 P.M.
Folks climbing those metal stairs made a lot of noise returning to their rooms.

In the morning we went to the office for the included breakfast. Biscuits and gravy with sausage patties were the main offering. I could not find any bread for toast. There were scrambled eggs too and they were tasty. The breakfast was limited in offerings and the waitress was really a friendly person. However she spent a lot of time visiting with her friends and neglected to keep the breakfast bar supplied. A few people had to go ask her to refill the eggs, sausage, and the biscuits.

So all in all, I'd stay here again in a pinch but it would not be my first choice. The cost was more than it was worth to me and the amenities were lacking. On a 1 to 10 scale I'd give it a 5 or maybe a 6.

Room Tip: Unless you want to climb a lot of stairs ask for a first floor room and ask for the main building.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for your review. The Staff and I are sorry we fell below your expectation; Just so you are aware there is more cleaning in the Pet rooms and so that is why there is a $10 charge, I believe that is pretty standard. Again thank you for your review.

Brandon Hert
Always striving to move forward

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Having stayed at Days Inns in the past, we weren't expecting much more than a good price. But this Days Inn has it all over every other we've ever visited. The decor outside and inside is bright, clean, and inviting. The room was exceptionally clean. The plumbing worked perfectly. And the breakfast was about as good as it gets. The staff was especially friendly and helpful. Our room was located right next to the pool but was exceptionally quiet. When I mentioned this to the manager upon checking out, he explained that the walls are cinder block. All in all, this turned out to be a great choice, and we would definitely book there for a return trip.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Manager-17542, Manager at Days Inn Montrose, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your great review. We really appreciate it and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope you will book here again on your next trip, and we hope to see you again soon. Corey Cantrell, "Always Striving to Achieve More"

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I have no complaints about anything. Breakfast good and well attended. Clean rooms. Comfortable beds. Gwen manager super helpful and friendly. Day manager was very professional and helpful. Felt like family. Quiet. I would stay there again. Price was awesome!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

We are happy to hear that you had no complaints about your stay and enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip through Montrose. Corey Cantrell, "Always Striving to Achieve More."

Reviewed September 22, 2012

This Days Inn is the only motel in Montrose within walking distance to a nice restaurant. The room was nice and clean and the motel offered an above average breakfast in the morning. We never had time to use the pool but it looked nice. Eat at the Red Barn...great food.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager-17542, Manager at Days Inn Montrose, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Dear Valued Guest, We are glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us and the food both here and at the Red Barn. We both really appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon. Corey Cantrell, "Always Striving to Achieve More."

Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

The motel is conveniently located near the highway and with enough shops and restaurants around.

Staff was really helpful and the rooms are clean and spacious.

Rate was acceptable, we booked a double queen via hotels.com for less than $99.

Breakfast ok with the usual hot, cold and sweet items. They do not gave an excerciseroom, so I made a nice run on the road next to the facility.

But the extra touch is the pool area: the pool itself is nice and heated, there is a cozy terrace with two bbq's that you can use and they have a hot tub outside. Gives you a nice 'spa-feeling'!

Do recommend and would stay again!

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay and review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback concerning our location, staff and pool. We strive to be a top notch facility and we're glad that's what you took away from your stay. We do not have a workout facility on our property, but we do pay for a membership at a 24 hour gym. Hopefully the next time you stay, you can experience that. Corey Cantrell "Always Striving to Achieve More."

Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed one night here while touring SW Colorado.

I was a little concerned when I saw it was one of those motels where you enter the room from the outside, but I was pleasantly surprised once inside the room. It was clean and appeared to have been redecorated recently. It was roomy and the sink and mirror outside of the bath made it easier for my wife and I to clean up simultaneously.

The bed was comfortable and the TV and remote worked fine (what else do you need? :-) ).

There was enough room in the parking lot so that we could park close to the room.

The breakfast was fairly typical, including do it yourself waffles, toast, cereal, pastries, biscuits and gravy, and more. The coffee was very good, but the OJ dispenser only produced water.

WiFi access was fast, easy, and accessible in the room and breakfast area.

This wasn't a fancy place, but it satisfied our needs being comfortable, clean, and inexpensive, with a decent breakfast. Overall, it was a good value.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager-17542, Manager at Days Inn Montrose, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dear Valued Guest, We are so glad that you chose to stay with us during your tour of Southwestern Colorado and that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. we really appreciate your feedback. I am sorry the orange juice dispenser wasn't working during breakfast however, we have taken care of the problem. We hope to see you again soon! Corey Cantrell "Always Striving to Achieve More."