“Great Rate, Awesome Pool, kids love the cookies :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Days Inn Montrose

Days Inn Montrose
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Montrose
GreenLeadersSilver level
Delta, Colorado
“Great Rate, Awesome Pool, kids love the cookies :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

It is our favorite hotel in town to stay because of the pool area. It is so fun and relaxing they have cute little tikki huts with lights around them, lots of chairs for sunning, grills, and shaded tables. I stay here just to bring the kids to the pool and relax. The rate is very reasonable. They have a good breakfast. My kids love the cookies. Hotel is always clean. We have never had any problems with anything at this hotel.

Room Tip: We like to stay in room 109 because it has a king bed and a queen bed in it. extra roomy and right a...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Manager-17542, General Manager at Days Inn Montrose, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Dear Guest
Thank you for your response. We are glad to hear that we are your choice hotel when staying in Montrose. Next time your hear ask about our adventure packet! We have lots of fun activities around Montrose that I think you would really enjoy if you’re wondering what to do.

Always striving to achieve more

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

The room was clean and property maintained. The free continental breakfast was good. The staff was very friendly. I would stay here again. We just stayed the one nite passing through Montrose.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest
Thank you for your response. We are glad to hear you would come back to stay with us again. Next time your hear ask about our adventure packet! We have lots of fun activities around Montrose that I think you would really enjoy if you’re wondering what to do.

Durango, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

If this place is #2, Montrose is in trouble. The pool area was very clean, the staff was nice and that's the end of our positive comments. There were only two small, thin towels in our king room, the peep hole was placed so high in the door that you would have to be at least 5'8" to see out of it. The king bed stuffed into the very small room was one of the most uncomfortable beds we have ever slept on. The mattress was over soft and sunk down about a foot when I sat on the bed and I am not a big person. I felt like I was sleeping in a hole and woke up with a tremendous back ache. My husband's side was a little more firm but also uncomfortable. We complained the next morning and were told that it must be the box spring supports and that they would fix them while we were out for the day. We didn't see any change when we returned that evening and asked for a new room, the desk clerk was very nice about that and accomadated our wishes. But when we stepped inside the new room we saw a mattress that curved up at the edges with an even bigger "sink hole" in the middle, also the room smelled like smoke. We kept our old room, hole and all and asked for an adjustment on our bill which we did receive. We snagged extra towels from the pool supply. We have never had good luck with motels in Montrose, we going to have to keep looking or keep driving.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Manager-17542, General Manager at Days Inn Montrose, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Dear Guest,
We truly apologize for your unpleasant stay, I was the one who helped you that night and I gave you the compensated room because of the bed issue. My Staff and I try really hard to make every quest stay as pleasant as possible and take pride in our work. I am sorry that you felt that your bed was bad. The Maintenance staff and I personally found no issue with any part of the bed, box spring, or frame. That room is requested very often specifically because other guests enjoy that bed. The bed is a Therapeutic pillow top mattress that most people enjoy. I understand that everyone is different with different sleep numbers and bed preferences. Again, I am truly sorry for your experience. I would also encourage you to stay in Montrose again, because I know how hard the All the Hotels and Restaurants work, to make every stay and experience as enjoyable as possible.

Always striving to achive more
Lakewood, CO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

We have stayed at this property on multiple occassions. The staff is very friendly and tries to accomadate your wishes. The property is clean and well maintained. I would recommend this rpoperty and its staff to anyone visiting beautiful Montrose, Colorado!

Perry J. Loesch

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Manager-17542, Owner at Days Inn Montrose, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Perry,
Thank you for your review Perry. I appreciate your business and we always enjoy having you stay with us. We hope to be of service to you in the near future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2012

Wonderful quiet room, extremely clean. One of the cheapest rooms in town but I have paid twice as much for this comfort. The breakfast buffet was just fine. The guy behind the desk was the picture of hospitality.
And where else do you get a complementary ducky in your basket of bathtub soaps and shampoo?

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Manager-17542, General Manager at Days Inn Montrose, responded to this review, March 29, 2012
barthelmais
Thanks so much for your review and just so you now anytime you want to pay more just let us now :) I would love to know what else we can offer in our breakfast that would make it better, if you have time? I am glad that you like the duck and our hospitality and hope to see you soon.
Topeka, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2012

We were very pleased with the service and attitude of the staff during our stay. They worked hard to ensure we had a good stay. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the shower was outstanding, the breakfast quite good and free newspapers and chocolate chip cookies were provided. To top it off, the snow that had fallen during the night had already been cleared off of our car windows before we got up. We found it to be a very good value for the price and plan to stay there again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Manager-17542, Owner at Days Inn Montrose, responded to this review, February 2, 2012
Glen J
Thanks for your review it helps us out a lot! It is always nice to hear great comments such as yours, we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and I will definitely let maintenance now what you said about them cleaning the snow of the car. I hope to see you in the future next time you’re in town.

Denver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2012

I forgot to write a review when I stayed here last September 2011. We were camping and the weather got real bad so we packed up and headed into town. I had not stayed at a Days Inn since I was young and don't remember them being anything special. This place was great. Very nice service, clean rooms and bathrooms, nice tv and we had no problem taking our dog with us. It is really hard to find nice hotels when you have a pet and this place is the exception. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Manager-17542, General Manager at Days Inn Montrose, responded to this review, January 31, 2012
Janeen S
Thank you so much for the review I really appreciate it. This will be very encouraging to the staff. I hope that in the future you would come back and visit us again.