“Great value!”

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Montrose
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great value!”
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Very friendly staff. Nice room. Clean and comfy. The pool area was very nice too. A great value for under $100. I highly recommend!

• Stayed August 2011
Manager-17542, Owner at Days Inn Montrose, responded to this review, August 17, 2011
davekimkennedy
Thanks so much for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will come and stay again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Reviewed August 9, 2011

comfy beds, clean rooms, pleasant and accomodating staff. We had a pleasant stop. We flew home the next day. Would highly recommend. They did not take my AAA because there was a festival going on in town. They had sold out. I thought the price was a little steep since we had stayed the week before at the Best Western for about 30 dollars less. The woman at the front desk gave us a breakfast -to-go, since we had to leave before they served their breakfast. 7-10am Maybe they could think about having breakfast start at 6:30am. The staff was a pleasure and went out of their way to make the stay perfect.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank summers043
Manager-17542, Owner at Days Inn Montrose, responded to this review, August 12, 2011
Dear summers043
Thanks a lot for writing a review for us on trip advisor. I talked to the Front desk agent about the AAA discount and I felt bad about the misunderstanding she does also. I would love it if you would e-mail me at daysinnmontrose@aol.com your name or room number so I can make that right for you. Sorry about the high rates during the festival times we are very competitive with are rates in our area and stay at a fair rate with other Hotels.

You are not the only one that has mention the breakfast opening earlier and we are looking into changing that soon. Thanks again for all the great advice and look forward to serve you in the future also please e-mail me so I can make the AAA rate right with you.

Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I look up hotels on this site and wanted everyone to know this was a nice hotel for inexpensive price. Our family of 4 stayed here for 1 night to attend Nightvision and it worked out perfect. The rooms are a little older, but our room was very clean and everything was in perfect working order. The beds were comfortable for all 4 of us and breakfast had enough choices to please everyone. The staff was really kind and went out of their way to be helpful. We will stay here in the future.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Manager-17542, General Manager at Days Inn Montrose, responded to this review, August 1, 2011
dlrc4,
Thank you for writing a review this really helps us out. Hope you enjoyed Nightvision my family and I had lots of fun. We are really glad that everything was good for your stay and really look forward in serving you in the future. Thanks for the encouragement.

Moose Jaw, Canada
Reviewed July 28, 2011

It didn't seem to matter who was doing the greeting, every staff member at this Days Inn must've been trained in generosity, flexibility and genuine interest in their guests. Despite our bedraggled appearance from a day of motorbiking, we were treated first class. The facility itself was lovely - a breakfast room that felt like a restaurant, awnings over each door, thatch huts on the pool deck and rooms, a little dated but totally clean and fully appointed. Every room had a rubber duckie! I LOVED that. My last memory of hospitality was of the maintenance man (in suspenders) who offered me three bottles of lotion as we pulled away - I was sunburned from the day before. Set within a lovely town, this is a lovely hotel with the most loveable people. We'll be back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Manager-17542, General Manager at Days Inn Montrose, responded to this review, August 3, 2011
Karmen50
Thank you so much for your review, it is very nice to hear about how great our staff is because we do train and try to improve our skills thanks for noticing. I hope you took the duckie home and hope to see you soon. By the way loved the picture you posted.

Telluride
Reviewed July 27, 2011

We have stayed here seveal times now and I have no complaints. No errant hairs. Last time the Coffee maker didn't work but we worked it out....Cleaning staff are as nice as could be. We have had rooms all over the place and noise has not been a problem. What suggestions? Maybe more fresh fruit with breakfast but why should I expect everyone else to love fruit as much as I do?

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
SwEmilia,
Thank you for writing a review for us. I will let the cleaning staff know what you said about their cleaning and attitude this is very encouraging. I will look into the fruit idea great idea just thought we always had fruit out; we will definitely look into keeping it properly stock from now on. Thanks Again and look forward in serving you in the future.

Thanks you
Ft. Collins, CO
Reviewed July 18, 2011

The charming nature of this property distinguished it from other Wyndham properties, and allowed me to effortlessly overlook a few minor faults. Cleanliness is my major consideration when staying in hotels. Despite a few errant hairs in the bathroom, it was apparent that excellent care had been given to make the room clean and comfortable. The age of the property was apparent to the critical in the interior wall paint, etc, but the overall experience was of a clean, incredibly well managed property. The counter staff, including the owner, were incredibly eager to serve the customers, who often arrived in big, unplanned groups. Their politeness never failed, and the environment was inviting and friendly. *Perhaps the following is a negligible detail in consideration of the overall experience, but I'd personally like to see less evangelical religious promotional material around the property: despite the cheerily animated cartoons of the booklets laying around the lobby, there is really no polite way to tell me that I'm wrong about my religious views and that I'm going to hell.* I found the location of the property very convenient (compared to my coworkers who stayed at a distant Choice Hotel brand down on the new end of town, far from downtown). Parking was tight; the hotel has a layout similar to the old fashioned motor court. Breakfast was excellent, and staffed with help. Despite the close proximity of the burger restaurant next door, be sure to make the couple mile drive for the following: a fancy meal at the Camp Robber and an excellent, affordable thai meal at Asii Thai Restaurant, both on Townsend.

Room Tip: Talk to Cassandra...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Manager-17542, General Manager at Days Inn Montrose, responded to this review, July 20, 2011
Edgetheow,
Thank you so much for writing a review and thanks for the great comments on how to improve the property. We have started to repaint the rooms to a warmer color and have plans this slower season to paint some more. The staff and I review these comments and look for improvements and to help build the team up. Again thank you for your review, we look forward to serve you in the future.

Cabool, Missouri
Reviewed July 7, 2011

We stayed one night at the Montrose Days Inn, in a very clean large room with an alcove for the Microwave and fridge, almost a kitchenette. The staff was very accommodating, and in all it was a great stay. Had a good Breakfast with waffles, biscuits & gravy, fruit, etc.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank motraveler50
Manager-17542, General Manager at Days Inn Montrose, responded to this review, July 8, 2011
Thank you so much for writing a review, this really helps us out. We share these reviews with our staff to either build them up or to improve our quality of work. Again thanks and hope to see you the next time you come into town.

Brandon Hert
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montrose
Red Arrow Inn & Suites
#6 of 10 in Montrose
Days Inn Delta CO
Days Inn Delta CO
#2 of 4 in Delta

Been to Days Inn Montrose? Share your experiences!