“Staff not helpful”

Red Arrow Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Montrose
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Hotel very nice, clean and large. Good value for the money. We needed a ground floor room and booked the day before with the request. Staff would not honour the request. No elevator and it was very difficult to manage.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
ManagerRedArrow, Manager at Red Arrow Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

Dear "Marcelle B",

First of all, thank you very much for being our guest and second for taking the time to write us feedback on your recent stay. Although I appreciate your kind words regarding the size and cleanliness of our hotel, I am very disappointed to hear that you found the staff unhelpful. This is not typical of the type of service we provide.

We do take all requests regarding room location and do our very best to honor as many as we can. I apologize that in this case, we were unable to provide you with a room on the first floor. However, our staff is trained to provide any and all assistance necessary to guests - especially if a request was not honored. I will be using your feedback as a training tool for our front desk staff.

I hope you will consider staying with us again on your next trip to the Montrose area.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

We had never been to Montrose and saw a great deal on Groupon. So glad we did! I knew this was going to be a good experience before we even arrived. I had hurt my knee so I called to see if we could get a room on the first floor. They had originally put us on the second which I am sure would have been a little bit better for looking out over the grassy area and the large willow tree. But were very agreeable to moving us where it would be easier for me. Thank you Doris!

Check in and check out were very simple and easy. The folks checking us out thought Theresa was probably the young lady who checked us in. She was so friendly and helpful and helped us later in the week. The room for the special was two beds. Still plenty of room for moving around. Probably the largest motel room we have ever stayed in. Frig to keep things cold. Nice large vanity area. Clean bathroom area. Bed was very comfortable. Wi-Fi was a little spotty one night only. Some might say the décor is a bit overdue for an update but it was so clean we didn't care at all. A few darker places on the carpet but I imagine that is impossible to keep up with in a motel. Nice patio right outside our room. The only thing I might have liked would have been a grab bar for the shower portion of the tub/shower combo. With my knee injured it would have made it easier for me to get into the tub to take a shower. There was a grab bar for people to get up out of the tub.

Breakfast was good. Farm fresh eggs, waffles, biscuits & gravy, sausage,particularly liked the yogurt/fruit/granola. All the standard cold options. Gal in the breakfast area was so friendly and was constantly busy making sure all was as it should be. Fresh flowers on the table - a nice way to start the day.

Hot tub - We made much use of this for soaking my knee. It was always clean and hot. Saw personally that it was emptied and refilled twice while we were there. It could have been more often.

Overall vey quiet. We were in the third building close to the ice machine on the first floor and we could not hear it at all in our room. I would highly recommend this as a base for your travels around Montrose. Don't know we would ever return here, but we would have no reason to stay any place else.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back looking over the grassy area and at the willow tree probably provide the most tran...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kstravlr_25

Hello "kstravlr_25",

Wow! Thank you for such a detailed review of your recent stay, we love hearing feedback from our guests. Our special promotions, such as the Groupon you purchased, are a fun way to bring new people to town and let folks discover us who may not have normally. I am glad that it lead you to the Montrose area and I hope you had a fun time exploring. Should you make your way back to this part of Colorado we would love to have you as our guests again!

Safe travels,

Reviewed August 8, 2014

The rooms are dated, but I felt they were clean and huge! The location was a big factor in choosing this hotel as we needed to be close to the hospital in Montrose. We were delighted to find the breakfast one of the best you will find including with your room. Local farm fresh eggs prepared with or without ham & peppers. Homemade biscuits and gravy were delicious as well! They also offered your normal fair of pastries (although fresher looking than most!), toast, cereal, waffles,etc.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank mianbj

Dear "mianbj",

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent stay. We strive to deliver our customers a clean and comfortable stay paired with superior customer service in a unique environment. We hope to get all 5s on TripAdvisor and clearly feel short during your stay. I am happy to see that you did enjoy many aspects, however, including your breakfast and our hotel location. As an older property we are continually updating, I do apologize that our decor did not meet your standards. We are always looking for suggestions on new projects to update the hotel.

Thank you again for being our guest and we hope to see you on a return visit to town.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

A very nice place to stay. The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean. They have probably one of the best breakfasts you will find. The farm fresh eggs were great. The only downside was our room was by the ice machine and it was a little noisy.

• Stayed: August 2014

Hello "Lyle73",

Thank you very much for being our guest. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do pride ourselves on breakfast! I apologize that there was an issue with noise. We don't often have that problem but will certainly look into possible solutions. We hope to see you on your next visit to Montrose!

Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

We chose this hotel after reading reviews that talked about breakfast so for a few dollars more we had a meal. We were not disappointed one bit! Farm fresh eggs scrambled or scrambled with sausage and peppers or I think you could order. Waffles, biscuits, gravy, fruit, toast, cereal, pastry and seattles best coffe and I'm sure there is stuff I missed and it was all very good and fresh. The room was comfortable and clean. The bed was very comfy, firm support but plush comfort. I didn't give five stars because the walls were a little thin. Heard people talking and walking in the hall and heard hair dryers at 5am. Not terribly loud, but still this was vacation for me. Decor might be a little dated but very clean. Wifi was a little lacking also we were farthest from the office and has maybe one to two bars. But it didn't seem to drop me.

Overall if would definitely stay here again. And if you do consider Trds Steakhouse. The meal was very good maybe a little pricey, but it is after all a steakhouse.

Stayed: August 2014
ManagerRedArrow, Manager at Red Arrow Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2014

Dear "Becky K",

Thank you for providing such a thorough review of your stay. We love hearing feedback from our guests as it lets us know what we are doing well and where we have room to improve. We work hard to provide our guests with a great breakfast to start their day.

I am sorry to hear that you had some issues with noise. This is not a complaint that we receive often and I will certainly look into it to ensure other guests do not have the same issue.

Thank you again for being our guest and we hope to see you again on your next trip to the Montrose area.

Cheers,

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Recommended by trip advisor and not disappointed at all. The room was spacious and clean. The staff is very personable. Doris a very sweet and her customers service skills could not be better. The grounds are beautiful. The breakfast is delightful. We didn't use the pool or hot rub but it was very inviting .The only reason I gave it a 4 rating is because of the smell in the room .The deodorizer made me sneeze and it was absolutely overwhelming.Oh I forgot.... The bed is soft and cushy. Just how I like it.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the property is lovely.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

Hello "minigay",

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us. I am happy to hear you enjoyed many aspects of our hotel. We pride ourselves on delivering a clean and comfortable room with superior service in a unique environment.

I am sorry that their was a deodorizer scent in the room. This is something I will certainly be following up with our housekeeping supervisor. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

We hope to see you on your next visit to the Montrose area.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. They served a decent breakfast in the morning. The place was neat and quiet. My only complaint is there wasn't much in the way of eating places nearby. Definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Hello "kimjady",

Thank you for writing a review. We always appreciate feedback from our guests. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations.

I am sorry you didn't find much in the way of eating nearby. We are next door to a great steakhouse called Ted Nelson's Steakhouse. We are also walking distance to several other restaurants including The Horsefly Brewing Company.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to Montrose.

Safe travels,