Red Arrow Inn & Suites
$94
$104
Super 8 Montrose(Montrose)(Great Value!)
$77
Stay Wise Inn Montrose(Montrose)(Great Value!)
$79
Days Inn Montrose(Montrose)(Great Value!)
$76
$65
Travelocity
Black Canyon Motel(Montrose)(Great Value!)
$61
Hotels.com
$71
$58
QualityInn
$64
All reviewsfarm fresh eggssausagecookieslarge grassy areaindoor hot tubrooms are hugeeggs cooked to orderwafflesamazing breakfastexercise roomblack canyon of the gunnisontwo queen bedsstay there againhotel breakfastlaundry facilitiesmexican restaurantin town
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Room was very large and looked like it had been redone in the recent past.
In addition to microwave and refrigerator, room had 2 chairs and a second door to a large backyard.
Animal friendly.
Breakfast included scrambled eggs and sausage. Large selection of cold items and breads and pastry.
Coffee was Seattle's Best.
Staff was helpful and friendly and there are cookies at check-in.

Stayed: September 2013
BWMontrose, Manager at Red Arrow Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Hello "Ken A",

Thank you very much for your kind words. We work hard at updating our rooms whenever possible. I am happy to hear that you noticed our efforts.

We also take pride in our breakfast presentation. Little extras like farm fresh eggs, sausage and Seattle's Best coffee are just a few of the things we do to show our guests we appreciate their business.

We thank you again and hope to see you on your next visit to the Montrose area.

Safe Travels,

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We were travelling through and picked the Hotel because it looked nice and we can count on a good nights sleep at BW. Room was very comfortable and price was excellent, under $100 (AAA discount) Hot breakfast.was excellent and service very good.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWMontrose, Manager at Red Arrow Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

Hello "jeanneW858",

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We love to hear how our guests are enjoying their stay and use the information to help us continue to deliver a quality experience for future guests.

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Montrose area.

Safe Travels,

Reviewed September 28, 2013

This place does not look much from the road, but don't let that deceive you. Large clean rooms, with a microwave and fridge, and very comfortable beds, quite at night considering how close to the road you are.

Best of all and a real surprise was breakfast, a good selection of hot and cold delights and real china mugs for that morning coffee, all topped of with very friendly staff.

If your ever in the area try it, I know we will if ever in the area again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear "GrumpyB58",

We can't thank you enough for taking to the time to provide us with positive feedback from your stay. It means a lot to us as we work hard to provide our guests with the best value in Montrose.

I'm thrilled to hear that you found your room comfortable. We are especially happy to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast. After all, it's the most important meal of the day.

Hope to see you on your next visit to Montrose,

Reviewed September 27, 2013

nice bw, everything was fine as expected, beside the breakfast.

the scrambled eggs smelled and looked old (easy to detect).
the breakfast room should be renovated.

the room was ok (we booked standard and got it), the hotel room seems to be renovated shortly.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
BWMontrose, Manager at Red Arrow Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2013

Dear "joedi2",

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from you stay. I am so disappointed that we did not exceed your expectations, especially when it comes to our breakfast. We work very hard to provide a variety of foods for our guests to enjoy. One of the food items that we provide is farm fresh eggs that we get here in the Montrose area. We scramble them daily and usually get very positive feedback on them. However, it appears during your stay there must have been an issues with their presentation. We take your comments seriously and are monitoring the situation to ensure that future guests do not have the same problem. We want everyone to enjoy these fresh eggs as much as we do. We also offer biscuits and gravy, sausage, waffles, fresh baked apple and cherry turnovers, hot and cold cereal, yogurt, and granola.

I am sorry that we were not able to meet your needs. I sincerely hope you will stay with us again so we can have an opportunity to provide you with an experience that is more typical of our service. Thank you again for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your stay.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I've stayed here several times and it has gone from OK to really not OK. The last time I could see the sky through the cracks around my back door. (Each room has a door on the hallway and then one in the back where there is a simply splendid backyard.) Sometimes they houseclean, sometimes they don't. In the past they couldn't find a replacement key but that was OK since the cleaning woman crawled in through the window she left open even though all my stuff was in the room and I might not have noticed it otherwise. They have a dangerous heating system. There is a heater in the room next to the bathroom. It is under the bench. It could be on and you could shove shoes or a suitcase onto the hot wires or a kid could touch it. The breakfast is good and there is a good variety. It buts onto a trailer park. I heard gunshots one night.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank SwEmilia
BWMontrose, Manager at Red Arrow Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Dear "SwEmilia",

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. It sounds like you have had a few issues in your past stays, as well as your most recent. I just wanted to let you know that we are currently restructuring our management here at the property.

We have resolved the lock issue that you previously encountered. We take guest security very seriously and do everything in our power to ensure that our guests have a pleasant and safe time with us. The housekeeping staff has been trained and also understands the importance of protecting our guests. Our commitment to safety also applies to the heating unit you are referring to. Although, some of the bones of our property are older (we have proudly been a Best Western since 1956) all of the functioning units are safe and to code. If for any reason we found something to be unsafe, we would address it immediately.

I am also disappointed to hear that you feel our housekeeping service is not consistent. This is another area we take pride in and I'm very sorry to hear that our efforts were not apparent during your stay. I will share you feedback with our housekeeping supervisor, as well as the entire staff. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

Our neighbors in back are, in fact, a camp ground not a trailer park. They also have a great family friendly mini-golf course, which many of our guests enjoy visiting. In addition to the put-put course, we have a fun bowling alley next door and a movie theater across the street. Lots of family friendly activities within walking distance.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed some aspects of your stay. We love our grass park in the back of the property and work hard to ensure our guests have a full and fresh breakfast before they leave us to start their day.

I sincerely appreciate your business, especially since you are a return customer. I hope you will come back and stay with us again so we can provide you with a superior experience. If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 970-249-9641.