“Great Overnight Stay”

Red Arrow Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Montrose
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 17, 2012

Very pleasant check in experience and had comfortable clean room. Best hotel breakfast in our road trip serving Seattle Best Coffee. Would definitely stay here again and great value. The TV aren't the newest but not our first consideration in a hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JERRYG448
BWMontrose, General Manager at Red Arrow Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2012

Dear Jerry G,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a complimentary review of your stay with us at the Red Arrow. We are very proud of our breakfast and rooms and are pleased you enjoyed both. I am passing on your comments to my staff, knowing that it will serve as inspiration to continue their efforts in guest satisfaction.

We are happy to have you as our guest anytime you find yourself in Montrose. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed February 3, 2012

At the lobby, there are cookies for you. At breakfast, you get a fancy omelette station.

But the night before, when I wanted to use the microwave, I found that it had a plate in it, but no rollers. The plate was unstable and could not move. Which made having a microwave practically useless.

Manager said she'd look into it. But she never came back to us.

The room itself was clean, and it had a patio. But that patio was strewn with cigarettes and trash. The room next door, was filled by a group of people smoking and riding together on Harleys. They had taken the chairs and tables from our patio and put it in theirs. I assume too, that they had thrown the butts into our patio and their fast food trash into ours.

Perhaps it is not right to blame a motel for their guests. But a strong management is needed to encourage the right behaviour from their guests and ensure that other guests feel welcome.

Room Tip: Ask about your next door neighbours.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
BWMontrose, General Manager at Red Arrow Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2012

Dear Joteo,

I would like to thank you for notifying us of the problems you experienced during your stay here at the Red Arrow. You are correct, that it is the little things that count, and I apologize that it was several little things that caused your stay to be less than enjoyable. I have investigated your comments and will take steps to insure that the problems you experienced do not happen again. My staff have also been made aware of your comments. As a result we are taking more care with our preventive inspections, so that a simple missing part is fixed or replaced prior to a guest checking in.
I am sure you know that even a “strong management” team, cannot keep tabs on all guests all of the time. I am truly sorry that the actions of your “neighbors” spoiled what should have been a great experience. Every day we strive to reach our goal of making every guests stay a comfortable and happy one, and I appreciate you taking the time to let us know that there is always room for improvement.

S Flynn

Reviewed December 14, 2011

I was expecting a less than stellar experience for the price I booked the hotel at. To my delight, the rooms were spacious, had all the amenities we needed, and breakfast was great.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
BWMontrose, General Manager at Red Arrow Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2011

Dear Janetcm,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your experience here at the Red Arrow. We are truly pleased we were able to exceed your expectations. Surpassing guest expectations is what my staff and I work for on a daily basis. Again thank you, we hope to see you again the next time you are in Montrose.

Reviewed November 19, 2011

Pros: clean room, big beds, cheap
Cons: hot tub was gross and tv was so ancient it barely worked

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Every room I have stayed in here has a balcony, coffee machine, refrigerator and cable tv. For the price the hotel charges you can't beat the value. Continental breakfast is great if you get there early in the morning when the food and coffee is fresh. Front-desk staff is super friendly and will go out of their way to help you on your stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a second level room to avoid noisy upstairs neighbors!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Business put me in Montrose for 3 weeks - a very long time to stay in a hotel! I was greeted by the owner, Scott, who assured me they'd take care of me, and did they ever! I'm a world traveller, and I can honestly say this stay is among the best I've experienced in 20+ years. The room was spacious, clean, well appointed, and I particularly enjoyed sitting out on my patio. I ate 'in' several nights, using the microwave and refrigerator to keep supplies. And, yes, there's wireless but also a free computer system available in the lobby.
As others have noted, the complex has many amentities that are scrupulously cared for - an indoor spa, nicely equipped gym, laundry facilities, outdoor pool, play area for kids, even a motorcycle wash area! You'd think I'd be tired of breakfast at the same place every day, but there's great variety and it's delicious - make-your-own omelettes and pancakes, even.
Finally, my stay was made extra special by the amazing staff. Nothing was too hard for them to handle with a smile, and they actually talked to me - really talked, not just 'Good morning'. Thoughtful little things they did for me eased my stay. This is a very well run hotel, with a great attitude. I highly recommend it - and their fresh baked chocolate chip cookies at the desk!

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side face the park area for the hotel- thus quiet
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
BWMontrose, General Manager at Red Arrow Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2011

Dear Patty F,

Thank you, for taking the time to write such an uplifting review. I shared your comments with the entire staff, and it brought smiles to all. Your feedback proves that we are doing a great job. It also challenges us to bring that level of service, to each and every guest that graces our door. It brings us great satisfaction to receive such high marks from a world traveller such as yourself. I am thankful we made you feel at ease and you truly enjoyed your stay.
For those of us who missed you on your departure I would like to say farewell, good luck and safe travels.
If you ever find yourself in Montrose again, your patio chair is waiting, the cookies are warm from the oven, and we are never too busy to chat with a friend. You are always welcome here!

Reviewed October 7, 2011

Very comfortable stay for a few days. Great hot breakfast with sausage and even an omelet maker. Room had fridge w/freezer and coffee maker. Comfortable bed. Good TV and Internet. Nice complex of laundry, games, exercise room and small spa tub all inside all with covered access. Great in rain. Huge lawn area in back with slides and swings for kids. Nice pool in summer. Very pleasant staff and cookies at 3PM. The only reason for 4* was that the room was a bit dark and a/c a bit funky. I would be happy to stay here again. Great location for shooping or local areas Telluride, Urah, Black canyon.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple