“Last minute decision to spend the night in Montrose”

Hampton Inn Montrose
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Montrose
Reviewed January 29, 2013

This was the second stay at this hotel. Both times we had a great experience! Bothe times, the staff was friendly, efficient and helpful. rooms were clean and comfortable. Hotel is close to the airport and for travel in and out of Montrose airport it is the best location!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Priscilla Z
hamptoninnmontrose, General Manager at Hampton Inn Montrose, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Thank you for taking your time to write this review. We are glad to hear that we were able to fullfil your expectations not once but twice, and we really hope that every time you stay with us - last minute or not - you leave our property happy.
Please do not hesitate in contact us if you have any suggestions on how to improve our service to you.

Thank you for your feedback and business.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I just finished a raving review for this hotel to Hampton Corporate... it's the first I've ever written. The moment we arrived we were treated like you dream about. The front desk staff seem to almost know me although I had never stayed with them before. They immediately recognized me as an Honors member and the check-in was remarkable. I'm not even sure how to describe it other than it was perfect. I was so taken back that I specifically wrote down both of the front desk professionals names. The hotel was a new concept Hometown version which offers a smaller footprint (20%) and naturally smaller rooms. Noticeable but not uncomfortable in any way. Breakfast was the best we've had at a Hampton Inn and for a quick and easy meal it was just right. I woke up early and asked if I could use the gym a little early, the response was of course if no one is staying in the room next door. The room was vacant so in I went and had a great workout. The treadmill was down but the elliptical worked great along with the TV, remote, etc... Overall the stay was as good as it gets for a moderately priced hotel with comfy beds, clean rooms and basic amenities. The difference here was a truly remarkable staff that left us trying to think of a reason to stay again.

Room Tip: Only stayed here once so I can't comment too much on the best rooms but I would recommend the St...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank RWHannaway

Thank you for taking your time to write a review about our property in both Trip Advisor and at Hilton website. We really appreciate your feedback. I would like to inform you that both of the team members you mentioned by name are aware of your wonderful words towards their service and we made sure that they got other internal recognization as well. We know they make all the difference.
I'm also happy to let you know that new equipment for our exercise room is ordered and perhaps next time you come to our beautiful Montrose, CO you can check it out and have a even better workout.

Thank you for your feedback and business!

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I spent several weeks in this Hampton Inn and within that time I felt like one of their own. The front desk staff was very friendly upon check-in and throughout my entire stay, we talked of weather, good places to eat, family, and they made sure I was comfortable in my stay. Also, on the first day the housekeeping supervisor personally welcomed me and offered any assistance in my stay. During my stay I had a medical issue and one of the managers personally drove me to the Dr. and picked me back up. After that, the breakfast staff was great, making sure I had plenty of water and juice to feel better. I thoroughly enjoyed the large work desk in the room and comfortable desk chair. Until my computer crashed, then maintenance let me borrow some tools to switch out a broken hard drive, but in the interim, the hotel's business center was a welcome relief in helping me get my work done. Seems I had one personal issue after another, but the friendly helpful staff was there to support me, their guest. I'm a Diamond Hilton member and this is definitely the Best Hampton Inn I have stayed in and this is also one the best experiences I have had in the entire Hilton chain.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank the-cosmo-traveler
hamptoninnmontrose, General Manager at Hampton Inn Montrose, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Thank you so much for taking your time to post a review.

We know how hard it can be to stay far away from home for long periods of time, and I'm so happy to hear that you felt like we took good care of you when you needed - your kind words to our staff will be passed to them as I believe that they made all the difference on the way you experienced our property. The Secret is that our team members genuinely care, and reading your feedback made me even more proud of working with them.

Thank you for your loyalty, your feedback and your business!

Please do not hesitate in contact me if you have any suggestions to help us improve our service.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

this is a very nice place to stay. breakfast was awesome. the rooms were in excellent condition. the hosts were all very accommodating! it is not just a normal place to stay but exceptionally nice and a good value.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Evan S

Thank you for taking your time to post such a wonderful review.

We really do love taking care of our guests and their needs, and we are happy to hear that you had a great experience at our property, I also believe that our team is special, they put a great deal of they hearts in everything they do.

Again, thank you so much for your feedback and business!

Please do not hesitate in contact us if you have any suggestions to help us improve our service.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

I know my title doesn't make much sense.... If you had stayed in the Grand Junction Hotels that I have, it would make perfect sense; because they were all pretty bad.

The Hampton Inn Montrose is worth the 52 extra miles... especially if you don't need to stay in GJ.

For a start the hotel is PERFECT for access to the airport... literally walking distance.

The hotel is one of a handful of "Hometown Hiltons"... the rooms are 20% smaller than a typical Hampton Inn, and the property has a "smaller footprint"... but smaller doesn't mean less comfort, not at all.

The updated rooms were cozy and stylish... had showers instead of bathtubs and queen beds instead of kings, there was a flat screen TV and modern solid furniture.

The pool was perfect, although a bit short for actual laps.

The hot tub was a dream... it was hot, and had jets that worked (something Grand Junction hotels don't seem to have in their "hot tubs" is working jets)

The room was very clean, and they had bacon on the buffet.

My AAA rate of $87 was totally worth it.

This is one of the better hotels in Western Colorado.... and no hokey "dead animal" decor either.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mikethebunny

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking you time to post a review.

Our Team takes pride on going the extra "smile" to ensure that our guests have a great stay in our beautiful Montrose, CO
It is always great to hear that you will be willing to drive the extra miles to stay with us and that we are delivering the service you expected. Thank you for your kind words, about our property and our staff, we really appreciated.

Please do not hesitate in contact us if you have any suggestions that will help us improve the guest experience.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

A good place to stay on a visit to this area of Colorado or a visit to the Black Canyon Natl Park. A typical Hampton Inn in many ways but an exceptional staff does a lot of little things to make your stay more welcoming and enjoyable. Very clean rooms and a good breakfast are two pluses here. Bottom Line: no negatives here!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Biked_it_Liked_it
hamptoninnmontrose, General Manager at Hampton Inn Montrose, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Thank you for posting a review and for your kind words for our team.
The staff here really does make a difference, they never hesitate in going the extra mile ( or the extra smile) to help make your stay as pleasant as possible. I'm really glad you had the opportunity to experience it.
I also hope that you enjoyed the Montrose area and the Black Canyon ( it is a beauty isn't it?).
Please feel free to contact us if you have any suggestions or questions. We love having you here!

Reviewed November 1, 2012

We stayed two nights at the Hampton Inn in Montrose for visiting the Black Canyon of the Gunnison. It was a good base for the park. The hotel was very clean, the room quiet and the king sized bed was comfortable. Breakfast was a typicaly Hampton Inn breakfast with several choices including fresh fruit. There were cookies in the afternoon as well. We made use of the guest laundry which was very convenient. The hotel is next to the airport but there wasn't a problem with airplane noise. No view from the hotel-our room looked out on dumpsters. Hotel price seemed a little high-we payed about $150 per night in September, but would return as we had no issues.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shelley P

Thank you for taking your time to write a review we really appreciate it.
We are very happy to hear that you had a good stay and hope that you enjoyed the beatiful Black Canyon National Park.
We are very lucky that even in a location so close from the airport ( walking distance), we barely hear any noise, airport related.
Please do not hesitate in contact us if you have any questions or suggestions regarding our property and service. There is always room for improvement!