All reviews montrose airport great hotel close to the airport gas station breakfast staff cookies front desk staff black canyon room was clean staff was friendly above average complimentary breakfast would stay here again road trip fresh fruit great breakfast national park
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I know my title doesn't make much sense.... If you had stayed in the Grand Junction Hotels that I have, it would make perfect sense; because they were all pretty bad.

The Hampton Inn Montrose is worth the 52 extra miles... especially if you don't need to stay in GJ.

For a start the hotel is PERFECT for access to the airport... literally walking distance.

The hotel is one of a handful of "Hometown Hiltons"... the rooms are 20% smaller than a typical Hampton Inn, and the property has a "smaller footprint"... but smaller doesn't mean less comfort, not at all.

The updated rooms were cozy and stylish... had showers instead of bathtubs and queen beds instead of kings, there was a flat screen TV and modern solid furniture.

The pool was perfect, although a bit short for actual laps.

The hot tub was a dream... it was hot, and had jets that worked (something Grand Junction hotels don't seem to have in their "hot tubs" is working jets)

The room was very clean, and they had bacon on the buffet.

My AAA rate of $87 was totally worth it.

This is one of the better hotels in Western Colorado.... and no hokey "dead animal" decor either.

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank mikethebunny
hamptoninnmontrose, General Manager at Hampton Inn Montrose, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking you time to post a review.

Our Team takes pride on going the extra "smile" to ensure that our guests have a great stay in our beautiful Montrose, CO
It is always great to hear that you will be willing to drive the extra miles to stay with us and that we are delivering the service you expected. Thank you for your kind words, about our property and our staff, we really appreciated.

Please do not hesitate in contact us if you have any suggestions that will help us improve the guest experience.

"We love having you here"

Reviewed November 5, 2012

A good place to stay on a visit to this area of Colorado or a visit to the Black Canyon Natl Park. A typical Hampton Inn in many ways but an exceptional staff does a lot of little things to make your stay more welcoming and enjoyable. Very clean rooms and a good breakfast are two pluses here. Bottom Line: no negatives here!

Date of stay: October 2012
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Biked_it_Liked_it
hamptoninnmontrose, General Manager at Hampton Inn Montrose, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Thank you for posting a review and for your kind words for our team.
The staff here really does make a difference, they never hesitate in going the extra mile ( or the extra smile) to help make your stay as pleasant as possible. I'm really glad you had the opportunity to experience it.
I also hope that you enjoyed the Montrose area and the Black Canyon ( it is a beauty isn't it?).
Please feel free to contact us if you have any suggestions or questions. We love having you here!

Reviewed November 1, 2012

We stayed two nights at the Hampton Inn in Montrose for visiting the Black Canyon of the Gunnison. It was a good base for the park. The hotel was very clean, the room quiet and the king sized bed was comfortable. Breakfast was a typicaly Hampton Inn breakfast with several choices including fresh fruit. There were cookies in the afternoon as well. We made use of the guest laundry which was very convenient. The hotel is next to the airport but there wasn't a problem with airplane noise. No view from the hotel-our room looked out on dumpsters. Hotel price seemed a little high-we payed about $150 per night in September, but would return as we had no issues.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shelley P

Thank you for taking your time to write a review we really appreciate it.
We are very happy to hear that you had a good stay and hope that you enjoyed the beatiful Black Canyon National Park.
We are very lucky that even in a location so close from the airport ( walking distance), we barely hear any noise, airport related.
Please do not hesitate in contact us if you have any questions or suggestions regarding our property and service. There is always room for improvement!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I chose this hotel for a business stay because I like to make sure that I get a few things - clean/comfortable room & bed, wifi, hot breakfast, etc. Well, I did get those but there were a few things I was not happy about regarding this hotel - Pillows (about as uncomfortable as anything I've ever tried to sleep on) & Noise (I could here not just every sound in the hall way and upstairs but also the running water/sewer through the pipes inside the walls from people taking showers above me). Not the worst stay ever but when you pay extra, these can be extremely annoying! The location is also on the extreme north end of town when everything else in town is at the far south end. Probably wouldn't spend the extra $ to stay here again! Good cookies at the front desk though.

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
hamptoninnmontrose, General Manager at Hampton Inn Montrose, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thank you very much for taking your time to post a review, we really appreciate the feedback.
Per Hampton Standards we have two feather pillows and two firm pillows in each bed, I'm really sorry neither pillow type fit your needs. I'll forward your concerns to Hilton Corporate as they are always willing to hear guest feedback regarding their product and guest satisfaction.
We always suggest that guests that are more sensitive to the building noises to request the upper floor, if you are an Hilton Honors member that can be put on your profile and every time you stay at any Hilton Property, your preferences will be taken into account when rooms are been assigned, if you are not a Hilton Honors member just mention your preferences at reservation time and your preferences will be taken into account as well.

Again, thank you for your feedback and your business.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

This is above average Hampton Inn primarily because of its staff. The front desk welcomed me as HHonors member and there was a welcome letter also in the room. They really seem to appreciate loyalty of their guests. The hotel is well maintained with very clean rooms and public areas. The room size is decent and everything was in a perfect working condition. The breakfast was OK ... similar to other Hampton Inns.
There are two reasons why I rate this hotel only as "very good". First, there was no fridge in the room which is quite unusual in Hamptonn Inns, second, the internet access is very slow. Other than that I can only recommend it for a stay in Montrose.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank ED5611
hamptoninnmontrose, General Manager at Hampton Inn Montrose, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Thank you very much for your review. You are right, we really appreciate the loyalty of our guests and we thrive on earning it every day! I would like to use this opportunity to address the very fair comments you made regarding room amenities and internet speed.
Due to our hotel size (Hometown model) we do not have microwave and refrigerators in the rooms, but we can put then into the rooms upon request and free of charge, I’m really sorry we fail to inform you about that. Our internet speed is also been addressed as we are upgrading our broadband, perhaps next time you visit our "corner" of the world you will be able to experience it!
Please do not hesitate in contact me if you have any questions, concerns, ideas and/or suggestions, anything that can help us improve our service to you and make your next stay at the beautiful Montrose, CO feel more like home.

Thank you again for your feedback and Business!