“Blast from the past”
Review of Country Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montrose
Country Lodge
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My wife and I stayed for two nights in this modest 1950's motel which has managed to keep the character and charm of the era (Congrats to the owners!). If this is the experience you are looking for, I suspect it would be hard to find a better place to stay in town for the price. Our room was clean and quiet with flat screen TV, mini fridge, microwave, king size bed, plenty of space, and sliding glass doors opening into the pool area. Plenty of hot water and heat for the room on a cold February weekend. A continental breakfast is available in the small motel lobby around a shared table. It looks like it would be a great place to stay with kids (and the family dog) in the summer on a family vacation. While the owners are delivering a very good value, I do see potential for easy improvements (bigger, softer towels, a few more coat hangers, and better breakfast ambiance) which could make a stay more enjoyable.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank MovinOnAlong
There are newer reviews for Country Lodge

Reviewed November 7, 2012

We picked this place just because we liked the look. The room was large and very clean. The guy at the front desk was friendly and made us feel welcome. We had the John Waye room so we were also offered a box of John Wayne DVDs to watch during our stay. Inexpensive but a nice clean place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank tgerberm
Reviewed November 2, 2012

This was the best place that we stayed in our tour around Colorado, Utah and New Mexico. The welcome from Jennifer was warm and friendly, and the large rooms full of character. I'll not repeat all the accolades from the numerous other reviews, but one example of the hospitality stood out - our washing was piling up after 10 days on the road, and Jennifer offered to clean it all for us. It wasn't until a couple of days after we'd left that I realised that we'd not been charged for it (I hope that wasn't an oversight - else I owe her!)

The hot tub was great, and dodging the sprinklers that guarded it was all part of the fun. The kitchen had sufficient crockery, pots and pans to allow us to cook up a meal, which made a decent change from restaurant food.

Montrose is a pretty neat town, with a historic downtown and a good selection of shops and supermarkets. Of course, the Black Canyon of the Gunnison is spectacular. All in all, we passed a very pleasant 3 nights at the Country Lodge.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank hamleys
Reviewed October 3, 2012

This is such a great place to stay. The outside is beautiful and then you look at the rooms and they are amazing!! So much bigger than expected with a great refrigerator and microwave. The bed and pillows were great and it was just very comfy. We enjoyed our hosts, Jennifer and Jeff. They are great people!! Extremely dog friendly as well, I was so thrilled. I will stay here every time we are in town.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lori M
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I was in town for a funeral, (sister) I was not in great shape. We got a room at country lodge, the service was amazing and the room was clean. The part that was unexpected was the owner found out I had a funeral and cut the cost of my bill and left me a inspirational letter! It was the best I've been treated at a hotel ever! The person that helped me was a godsend and made my day better. We will Always...stay here when we come to Montrose.....We will always be thankful to God, for people like you! Forever in our hearts & prayers "Martinez Family"....

Room Tip: Base it on how they greet & treat; when you first enter!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Rosalind M
Reviewed September 7, 2012

From the outside the flowers and log cabin exterior cause us to stop and ask for a room.The family owned motel was clean but dated. The rooms were large but furniture was old but comfortable. The large table for the contintal breakfast was like days of old in a rooming house. They had a big pool and hot tub outside that looked inviting.The price was reasonable conserning the fact that there was a car show in town. Other motel had jacked up there prices.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

Very pleased with this place - nice rooms, great layout, cool pool and hot tub and very friendly owner. Just 30 minutes drive from the spectacular black Canyon of the Gunnison with splendid views over the Colorado range. I would definitely recommend it for an authentic experience in Colorado and some fresh local grapes in the morning!!!

• Stayed: September 2012