“My favorite motel in Montrose”
Review of Country Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montrose
Country Lodge
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We love this quaint country lodge appropriately named Country Lodge. Spacious, impeccably clean rooms, air conditioning, well equipped kitchenettes, wi-fi, free breakfast, cable, parking directly in front of the room. Rates are reasonable and the stay is worth every penny. Every room opens out to a central patio area with a nice size pool, hot tub and pool side tables. You can sit out on the back porch of your room or on the front porch. Staff are always very helpful and pleasant.

If you need anything, all you need to do is ask. They are always willing to accommodate. I can't say enough good things about this place.

Room Tip: I like the rooms to the front of the motel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank sonora52

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Jeff and Jennifer provide an outstanding experience for those who want something other than motel chain lodging. We stayed in the Americana room, and found it to be just what we wanted. The room was clean, and didn't have that 'motel smell' that is so prevalent in other places. The staff is friendly. What else could you want? Pool and hot tub, theirs is clean and warm!

This is a 'small-town/family-run operation. I recommend it, and will return on future trips to Montrose, Colorado.

Room Tip: The photos on the website will help you pick a theme room to your liking.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank srljlee
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Loved this place.
The pool was good..83°...the hot tub was nice...104°.
Chairs and tables in the front of and the on the back patio of your room.

Microwave, fridge, sink, hot plate, toaster, bar stools, counter top, real plates, silverware, can opener, dish soap, coffee and filters, coffee pot, dish cloth and dish towel. Pots and pans, spatulas and spoons. Real coffee cups and glasses. Paper towels.

Soft bed....but real good.

Super hot water and great pressure in the shower.
Great TV options.

Only donuts, bagels and coffee for breakfast.

And then when night time fell.....they lit some tiki torches around the pool.

My only large complaint was the over-use of Fabreeze.
I hate those chemicals and they burn my tongue and mouth.
We opened the whole place up.....which was nice to be able to do...... and then we lit some matches to neutralize the chemical--perfume.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We stayed here wtith our 2 grandsons. The rooms were clean, The bathroom was clean and the pink tile was very midcentury. The rooms surround the pool with a little porch and chairs to sit on. The landscaping and flowers are more than great. Tiki torches lit at night and hummingbird feeders were great. Nice hot tub. If I had a couple of suggestions they would be, the A/C is a killer when it comes to sleep, very noisey. The bedding needs updated not today but 15 years ago. The sheets were paper thin, the beds were lumpy and pillows not good. The quilts on the bed are also very outdated and I question how often they are washed along with the pillow shams. Now, I am not saying it wasn't an ok place to stay, but don't expect nice crisp sheets or firm beds. Also the light in the bathroom has to be turned on by a switch up on the fixture and I being rather short could not reach it. We have stayed in nicer places in Montrose, but like the pool area here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Stayed here first week in July last minute... Owners are super freindly and reasonable. Rooms are a bit dated but clean and everything works well. Great place for the money and I will go back there in a heart beat.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank mjdenver80602
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I spent one night at The Country Lodge while passing through Montrose. This is motel run by people who really care about their place. The rooms are clean and very homey. The pool and hot tub were a relaxing delite at the end of a day of driving. The garden around the pool and the tiki lights make one feel like there in someone's back yard. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have kitchens and direct access to the pool area.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank candycah
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I admit that I am guilty of spending most of my nights on the road in a chain motel. (There are plenty of these in Montrose) You pretty much know what you are going to get. This isn't the case with most of the independent motels. Many times, I have endured a miserable night just to save a few bucks. But once in a while, you really luck out and find a place run by someone who really cares about their motel and their guests and charges a modest price. The Country Lodge in Montrose is such a place!

I was skeptical of the heavily tatooed gal behind the front desk, but she turned out to be a very friendly and caring person. She had one room left. When I stated that I needed internet access, she said that sometimes wi-fi reception in my room was spotty. She flipped me the key to the room and offered to let me check it out for myself. When I opened the door, I was treated to an extremely clean and comfortable room. You won't find a brand new shower, or TV or desk or anything like that, but the furniture is "cute" and homey. I checked out the wi-fi and it worked fine and so I rushed back up to the front desk to complete the transaction.

Bed was comfortable but a bit soft. The room was so clean that I left a few $$ in the envelope for the maid which I rarely do.

I had forgotten to ask what time breakfast the next morning was so I called the front desk in the morning and the man said, "10, 11, whenever." When I arrived for breakfast, I found a very engaging man who actually took the time to sit down with his guests at a very large wooden table and chatted with them during breakfast. It reminded me of a B&B. Overall, I was very pleased with my experience at the Country Lodge and if ever in Montrose again, would not hesitate to stay there.

Oh, and be prepared to save yourself a bunch of $$ over the chain motel next door!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo