“Pretty plain interior but great food”
Review of Ah Chihuahua! - CLOSED

Ah Chihuahua!
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

We ordered two different shrimp dishes and both were great. Chips were stale but salsas were tasty. Great guacamole. Attentive and friendly service.

2  Thank mtjh

Reviewed September 9, 2013

There are a number of Mexican restaurants in town--but as soon as we had dinner here, we knew it was our new favorite! The food is great and the staff is very friendly and sincere. The ambience isn't exactly the best right now, but the family is working hard to improve the facility. Every time we go there, they've done something to fix it up (except for the food, which is already excellent). We've ordered a number of different items from the menu and have loved them all (well, okay--maybe not the ceviche--but my rural taste buds wouldn't like that stuff anywhere). Plan to dine at Ah Chihuahua! if you're in Montrose--it's worth it!

2  Thank Barb N
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I ate here after flying into Montrose on a Thursday. It was empty, but it had just opened for the day. The service was quick and attentive, and the food was very good. I had the cheese enchilada plate with a taco on the side, and both were authentic, not the Tex-Mex we get in Dallas (which, admittedly, I do prefer). All around, good food and excellent service for a weekday lunch.

2  Thank ZSH0
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Yes the place does not have a great atmosphere, but has the best Mexican food in town! Everything is fresh and the BEST tocos. You can go to the Brew Pub down the street 2 Rascals and order from there. They will deliver to your table.

2  Thank kellimcmontrose
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Came here for lunch before going to Black Canyon of the Gunnison. No one in the place but I would suppose it would be due the lack of signage and that it is off the beaten path. If it wasnt for trip advisor we wouldnt of found it The food and service was very good My husband and I shared the combination fajitas and my daughter had a burrito They have great flour tortillas and fresh jalepenos. House margarita also good. Overall good experience would recommend.

2  Thank Innga