“Just what I needed... especially the friendly smiles!”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Montrose
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Planned this Quality Inn stay as part of Choice Hotels spring promotion as it was along the route I wanted to take through Colorado. The rate was reasonable and when I got there I found the room to be comfortable, and the microwave and refrigerator to be working well and very convenient for me as I still had more traveling to do.

Dear Sahida was at the front desk when I came in... such a sweet lady and so helpful. And Kamal helped me with printing out maps of the area so I could easily get to the meeting I needed to get to. There was some problem with the computer in the lobby for the guests when I first got there, but it was fixed... and they tell you to ask if you need something printed out and are so helpful. Thank you for all your help and smiles!

Because of the convenience of the elevator in the building, I requested a 3rd floor room... and the view (beyond the parking lot) was amazing once the skies cleared up. I also enjoyed overlooking a small 'rural' farm area with an old house and lovely newly budding trees. I had no idea that Montrose was surrounded by such wonderful mountain views... the 'Switzerland of the Rockies' is to the south of town... and I could see the range from the room.

I found the bed very comfortable... and the room clean... and was overall pleased with 'living' there for three days/nights!

The motel is a block from a McDonalds, but there is a grocery store across the road as well as well as the store's gas station with their discount. It's also a couple blocks from Walgreens to the north, and south is Walmart and Target. Of course there are restaurants all over.

I was pleasantly surprised with the corned beef hash for breakfast beside the scrambled eggs, as I've not had it for a long time. And coffee is always available, 24/7. I chose toast over waffles, but there is plenty to eat.

Room Tip: Check out the views from the top floor...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed April 6, 2012

Manager is very help full & friendly. Room is clean & hot breakfast in the morning. I think
Manager al most work 24 hours is too much.........

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 28, 2012

We stayed 2 nights at the QI the weekend of March 23rd, 2012. One of the nights was using our Choice 10,000 nightly points. The front desk employee was very nice, easy check-in, breakfast was average for cereal, waffles, yogurt. The mixture of meat w/potatoes was less appealing. The bed was uncomfortable, room clean, but a face towel was left in our room that was dirty and hung up for our use. The spa control knob was broken, so no bubbles. Particles were floating in the spa and pool even though the hotel was not busy with travelers. Overall, I wouldn't consider using your Choice points for this property. I would think that the "Choice" properties would be more reliable across the country since we recently stayed at the Comfort Inn~Denison, TX and it was an awesome hotel. I gave this property an average review because you can still make the best of it even with some negative circumstances. ScubaJulie

Room Tip: We had a room on the 3rd floor overlooking the parking lot. It was fine because we don't look o...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ScubaJulie955753
Reviewed February 16, 2012

Great accommodations,spacious rooms,great service,breakfast,king bed,couch,mic.,fridge,nice pool,hot tub,lots of desk space for business people,coffee maker, I can't say enough but I would recommend to anyone who prefers 1st class at a really fair price. I enjoyed this stay even better
than a lot of" Double Trees" &" Hiltons" I've stayed at before.

Greg Smith

Room Tip: All I know, is I was given a room on the ground floor and the room was excellent.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank gregory s
Reviewed January 15, 2012

This hotel has excellent, friendly staff who were willing to help. They let me check in early and stay later. Very accommodating. This is not a five star hotel but the value for the price was excellent. The rooms were very clean, the internet worked very well. The breakfast was a continental breakfast, with additional items (eggs, etc) cooked on site. The kids enjoyed the small pool and had a great time. The pricing throughout the year is variable with the summer tourist season rates higher. IMHO, it represents the best price to value ratio in town. If you are looking for a higher quality hotel, then expect to pay much more.

Room Tip: Just talk to the manager or owner and tell them any needs. They will accommodate.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Rick M
Reviewed October 19, 2011

While this QI fit the bill, we felt their website overstated itself. Facility was fairly standard, the rooms needed some artwork as they felt sterile, and there was no "convenience store on the property". Breakfast was held in what appeared to be a room intended for business functions; it was extremely large with only huge tables to sit at, thus traveling couples had to sit with other traveling couples or families. The breakfast area could also benefit from some artwork as it too felt very sterile and impersonal and a flat-screen tv for those of us wanting the news. It was convenient that there were several fast-food restaurants closeby (McDs and Sonic).

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Travelers-R-US-246
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Arrived after sundown, could hardly find the place as no lights were on. We, along with other guests unloaded in a dark parking lot. I asked what happened to the light? Forgot! Sloppy housekeeping, hot, hot room upon entry. Barely acceptable "free" breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank marylou44
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montrose
Stay Wise Inn Montrose
#3 of 4 in Delta
Days Inn Montrose
Days Inn Montrose
#7 of 10 in Montrose

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!