“quality”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Just had visited Black Canyon at Gunnison N.P. , been a long day and we looking for somewhere to eat dinner. Stumbled across Ted's and were we ever lucky. Great firendly staff, including owner, great manhattens and a very nice menus, lots of good choices. Everything around was chain food but Ted's is good fresh local quality food. Highly recommend.

1  Thank jimfitz1

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We went to Teds twice during our three night stay in Montrose and it was a great experience both times. Service was quick and efficient. The menu is varied (try the Tuscan chicken) and Ted himself is a local legend, very hands on and a real gentleman

1  Thank jgatsby
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Excellent food and service, if you've never eaten here its a must go to restaurant!! We have eaten at several places in Montrose and none if them were this good!

1  Thank Cocoasue09
Reviewed September 22, 2012

My mom and I split a steak and they brought it out on 2 different plates which I really appreciated. The steak was really good! My son decided to be adventurous and try the walleye which was also tasty but needed a little salt as did the mashed potatoes. Don't be scared of the salt people! Just add a little to boost the flavor. I normally don't add additional salt to my food unless the food is bland. The corn was great! Cooked perfectly!! I was a little disappointed that as a steakhouse, they did not have their own steak sauce. They had A1 and 57 but I think a fancy steakhouse should also have their own sauces. Dessert needs work too since they don't have a dessert menu. They just bring out little bites of apple or raspberry cobbler.
I was also suprised that the entrance to the restaurant was not becoming. The first part was fine and looked nice but it is an open room and the drink refill station for waters, etc... was on the back wall for all too see. There needs to be a wall up so when you come in, you can't see those type of things. I would expect to see something like that at a cheaper, down-home kind of restaurant but not at a fancy steakhouse. I did like the interior of the steakhouse as well as it was roomy and had an inviting feel to it.
Our waitress was very nice and helpful.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Dining alone can be a bit of a challenge but I was warmly greeted and seated right away. The staff at Ted's is helpful and friendly. The food is good and when they "warn" large portions, they are not kidding. Marianne did an excellent job waiting. I noticed the wait staff didn't swing by my table on their way to/or from another table to check on me. They came directly to me as though I was only table they were working. GREAT customer service. thank you.

5  Thank rider_walt

Been to Ted Nelson's Steakhouse? Share your experiences!