“View is fantastic but not pleased with the lunch”

Remington's Restaurant at The Bridges
Ranked #21 of 99 Restaurants in Montrose
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: ~ Your place for lunch, dinner, drinks & views ~ Featuring award winning desserts and fresh dishes together with an experienced staff to serve you.
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I have been to Remington's before and always have had good food. On this visit however the food was not very good. I ordered the Spinach salad with Salmon and my friend ordered the Curry but was told the restaurant didn't have any rice so she would have to order something else. So we both had the Spinach salad with Salmon and were both disappointed. The Salmon filet was very small and not seasoned well, and the Spinach leaves were large. Still being hungry, when we were told about the desserts I thought we could at least have something good before we left. The peach crisp we ordered - was just as disappointing as the salad. Am I wrong to think of peach crisp as a warm, fruity, and with a nice crispy topping???? What we received was a bowl of lukewarm peaches with granola sprinkled on top - oh and a scoop of ice cream. Very disappointing. Not sure I will try that restaurant again - unless I just stick to ordering a burger and hoping that will be good. Or asking about the most requested menu items and ordering one of them. Maybe the curry dish is the best and that's why they were out of rice???

Reviewed December 22, 2012

The location is beautiful for a night out. I ordered the teriyaki teres major which was very good. Two others in our group ordered the shrimp scampi which they enjoyed but felt the rice needed some work. The menu is very limited but the servers are attentive and you can't be the atmosphere.

2  Thank swon87
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Date night specials were delightful and such a value! My wife had the chicken marsala and I had the fish & chips. We shared an appetizer - baked brie - and desert - NY cheesecake. The bottle of wine included was a 2010 Montevina cab - very nice! The new chef team has obviously got a handle on quality control. Service was above average, and for Montrose, that is saying SOMETHING! We will be back, and soon.......

2  Thank Tim C
Reviewed November 2, 2012

My husband and I went to the couples night where you get an appetizer, salad or soup, two entrees, dessert and a bottle of wine for $50. This is a good deal if the food was good. The bread came with olive oil/balsamic vinegar that had a big glove of garlic swimming in the liquid. I love garlic but it should have been mashed up to get the taste and who is going to each the whole glove?
The salad was good.
My chicken breast was tough and tasteless. Grilled to death. The herb mashed potatoes didn't have one herb in it that I could tell and the veggies were forgetful. My husband felt like the white fish was out of a box. Rice was just rice. I guess this meal was on par to Denny's.
Thank goodness we had the wine to wash it down with!
The wait staff and the atmosphere was excellent. It was the kitchen that couldn't get the food out on time so there was a drag time.
There is a new chef there by the name of Gretchen that was good at another restaurant called Simmers in town but if she is trying to make a name for herself, she is making the wrong type of name!

Reviewed October 19, 2012

We decided to eat here after playing golf here for the first time. The view and dining room is beautiful The food however was not so great. My husband's steak had no flavor and my salad (which i ordered with the dressing on the side), can swimming in dressing. The waitress said--"Oh it was just lightly dressed." I hate myself when I don't send things back that aren't right!! Anyway I think this shows how the food was just mediocre and the service not so great either.