“What a gem”

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Montrose, CO
“What a gem”
Reviewed March 6, 2012

I love this place. Delicious food whether you go for the lunch buffet or a nice dinner. Very reasonably priced, family run establishment.

Visited February 2012

Rutland, Vermont
“Worthy of a pilgrimage”
Reviewed February 18, 2012

I used to travel over 100 miles (2 hours) EACH WAY from Crested Butte to visit this restaurant when it was called Nepal Restaurant - about once a week. I now live on the east coast and I think about flying to Montrose just to eat lunch buffet here. The saag paneer is by far the best I've ever had, the naan is perfect and the veggie samosas are incredible. If you are in Montrose, you HAVE to eat here. Or, if you live far away, consider flying to Montrose just to eat here, as I am considering doing now. This is the best food I have ever eaten in my life.

• Visited February 2012
“New Review - for a new name”
Reviewed February 8, 2012

Since Guru's now has their own review list under their new name, I wanted to take the time to add to what I had said about them under their old listing (Nepal Restaurant).

They have EXCELLENT East Indian fare - some of the best I've had outside the "big cities". Go for the buffet - great value and a good overall selection of their everyday choices. I eat here often.

• Visited January 2012
Montrose, Colorado
“Spicy option for a fairly bland scene”
Reviewed December 23, 2011

Our visit to Guru's included a warm welcome from the manager/owner and a sample cup of lentil soup. The wine list is small, but interesting. The menu is varied and includes lamb, fish, chicken and beef for any of the styles. I had the lamb curry with basmati rice and requested that the chef make it "hot". Be careful what you ask for! It was very hot, but the flavor was worth the pain. Next time I'll ask for "medium". My wife had the saag and we both shared papadam crisps and garlic naan. This restaurant has changed names and perhaps ownership, but the quality is still very good and the service attentive. We will make it a monthly routine to get our fix of Indian/Nepali food.

• Visited December 2011
WestSlope,CO
“This restaurant closed; reopened under a new name”
Reviewed December 23, 2011

We tried the buffet here and found the food unappetizing and lukewarm. This restaurant is now closed. Guru's is open at the same location.