“Relaxation on a budget”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Moffat
Joyful Journey Hot Springs Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Moffat
New York
“Relaxation on a budget”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

My husband and I went here for our anniversary in late June, and we brought our two pups along with us. We stayed in a Yurt, which was clean and provided everything we needed for a comfortable stay. We each had two spa treatments while we were there which made the whole trip worthwhile. Overall the experience was good, and the staff was great! We were not overwhelmed with the hot springs, but this was our first hot spring experience so we don't have anything to compare it to. Also, the communal showers could have used a little more cleaning. Staying in the Yurt and using the shared bathroom facilities felt like up-scale camping, glam-ping, if you will...
I would say this is a WONDERFUL place to stay, if you happen to be passing by. We drove a couple hours to get there and I'm not sure it was worth the trek.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank zipzapzoomin
Marquita O, Manager at Joyful Journey Hot Springs Spa, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thanks for staying with us. We like to call the yurts "glamp-ing", also. Also thanks for taking the time to review. We appreciate your comments and hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed July 22, 2014

This hot springs spa exceeded our expectations. We brought our dog and stayed in one of the yurts. The pools were clean and quiet with peaceful mountain views. They were recently refurbished so any negative comments about the tile, etc. are no longer applicable, Often we had total privacy while soaking. The staff were all friendly and helpful, and the other guests were awesome and interesting. The spa grounds are lovingly tended and there are beautiful flower baskets around the pools. The continental breakfast was more than ample and included organic coffee, bagels, yogurt, juices, and fresh fruit. They do not serve food other than breakfast but there is a kitchen and a grill for guests to cook a meal. I brought a nice meal with us and a bottle of wine and we sat on the picnic table outside our yurt watching the storms in the distance. Can't wait to return to this little slice of heaven.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank peggy2357
Vail, Colorado
Reviewed June 22, 2014

I never expected this retreat to be so deluxe! And it is not rustic at all. I stayed in a hotel room. EO organic shampoo, conditioner, soap, lotion mouthwash in rooms. Plush robes. Hair dryer. Coffee maker. Big room. Comfortable beds. Quiet. Nice pillows. Front and back door in rooms. Free wifi. Mosquitos and moths in rooms. Be prepared!
Front desk has frozen meals for sale in big ice chest by front door. Microwave in breakfast room. Organic coffee. Healthy selection of food for breakfast! I saw someone carrying a bag of ice from somewhere on property? Villa Grove very close for restaurant.
Hot Springs just ideal :)
Nice staff and nice guests.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank DTen
Boulder, Colorado, United States
Reviewed May 2, 2014

I have spent a lot of time going to hot springs throughout my life. With the newly rennovated pools filled with clean mineral laced water and the very nice hotel here, it has become my go to hot spring. I agree that you need to bring supplies or at least have them because it is literally in the middle of nowhere (which is one of it's charms as far as I'm concerned). Crestone has a good market with a good organic selection and there is a pretty good grocery store in Sauguache at the Sinclair gas station if you need food or other supplies. There are so many things to see and do in this beautiful valley. The Sand Dunes are close and there are mountains on all sides of you so pick a direction and go for it. We dipped in the morning and then again at night after exploring the area. We always meet interesting people in the water. Great place to stay.

Room Tip: If you don't mind truck noise, the yurts are a good option. I prefer the luxury of the hotel th...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lubby M
Keystone Heights, Florida
Reviewed April 15, 2014

rustic.. beautiful … peaceful…. tranquil…. accommodating staff. The scenic backdrop should be an extra charge. mother nature's finest…. the hot springs were lovely exactly what is sold. I cannot wait to return. however... I must harken back to my rustic. Bring supplies! There is not even an ice machine. We traveled 15 miles for a bag of ice. So while we were extremely pleased with the spa and its amenities. Do come prepared for rustic.

Room Tip: I will sleep in a Yurt next time. They are the coolest !!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Amy S
Golden, Colorado
Reviewed December 29, 2013

People that don't follow the management's rules are what can detract from the experience. PLEASE be quiet in the pool areas. No one except you is interested in hearing your conversation. PLEASE don't drink alcohol in the pool areas or drink 40s in the locker room (which some drunk idiot did this time). PLEASE don't let your kids jump around and splash and act like a public swimming pool. If you want a pool atmosphere, I suggest the Sand Dunes Pool in Hooper. Remember the sign about showering before you enter the pools? PLEASE shower! The reason the pools get "cloudy" is because you don't wash off your body chemicals and hair spray and makeup. I know you think your dog is special, but mine really doesn't like seeing yours run all over off leash. And PLEASE pick up your dog waste (hard to know where that happened when they're off leash, isn't it? Another good reason to keep them leashed as management asks). All I'm asking is you follow the rules that everyone else follows. Please.

For the resort, the pools have all been very recently redone and look great. Personally I think the breakfast is dang good, especially considering what we get at other hot springs (nothing). A nice selection of juices, teas, coffee, yogurt, some fresh fruit, granola, several kinds of bagels/muffins/bread, and hard boiled eggs for protein.

They also recently upgraded their wifi to reach the yurts, which we really appreciated. The "hotel" rooms are all very nice and warmer than the yurts in winter, but no pets. Yurts are still fun and rustic, and the heat was sufficient for us, even though it was single digits outside at night.

The views from the pools are absolutely unbeatable. Be sure to watch sunsets from the pools and then watch for shooting stars in the unbelievable night sky. More stars are visible than you've ever seen.

Room Tip: Yurts and tipis are rustic. Expect that. They can be cold in winter and hot in summer. The view f...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JeremyHakes
Somerset, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 22, 2013

My bff and I took my son here after a long day of climbing sand dunes. We didn't really know what to expect, since I booked a yurt. All I have to say is it was an amazing stay. The hot springs themselves are a little dated (but have been updated according to the Facebook posts), but the location outweighs it all. The yurts were clean and efficient. We stayed when it was still cool at night and the space heaters that were provided kept us plenty warm. The few employees we did encounter were very pleasant. The locals who were using the spa facilities were an interesting lot, but even so, they provided some entertainment. Make sure to bring munchies because restaurants in the area are few and far between. All in all, it was a great little adventure for our traveling group.

Room Tip: If you are choosing a yurt, the largest one is the closest to the bathroom facility and has an unint...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank gpforsberg
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moffat
Comfort Inn
#1 of 1 in Center
Mountain Motel
Mountain Motel
#6 of 16 in Salida

Been to Joyful Journey Hot Springs Spa? Share your experiences!