“Lovely girls weekend”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Moffat
Joyful Journey Hot Springs Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Moffat
Colorado
“Lovely girls weekend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

I'd say most of the reviews I agree with. There were 4 of us in Yurt number one. I was a bit hesitant about feeling cramped but the Yurt is quite spacious with 4 single beds and room enough to move around. That said we spent little time in the room. We soaked, yes the pools need a bit a maintenance but they were very clean as was everything I saw, Our yurt had all the bedding we needed, lights, a heater fans, robes. it was very comfy and cozy. We had nice hikes each day.
There are 2 areas for shred baths for campers and the yurts. The bathhouses were again clean and uncrowded. Nice continental breakfast included.

The only thing is it is far from anything. Be prepared to bring all your own food and drink. They do have a fridge, microwave and a somewhat troublesome gas BBQ that would well be fixed today.

With the breakfast, pools, kitchen facilities included I though the price fair not a great value but a fair price.

I saw no children when we were there. I'd think they'd get pretty bored.

Room Tip: I'd try for a yurt on the end.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank alli

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Saint Charles, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at Peaceful Journey Hot Springs. It was quiet and remote. Just what we were looking for to get away from the hustle and bustle of our 'city lives'. The staff was friendly and accommodating. We chose to stay in a yurt and found it to be comfortable and roomy with plenty of privacy. Being located in the middle of the desert, the yurt was a bit chilly in the morning, but thoughtfully placed space heaters helped take the chill out of the air. The hot springs were very relaxing and there were plenty of towels and even bath robes available for our use. The water in the hot springs felt wonderful, although they do look like they could use some repairs, as some of the tiles in the tubs were missing. With 3 different temperature ranges, we had no problem finding one that was just right for us. There were a few 'obnoxious' kids while we were there, however it was fairly easy to just change to another pool to escape.

Room Tip: We stayed in a Yurt and loved it. I really suggest giving them a try over the regular rooms.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kissy_liz
Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

Joyful Journey is, what some would call isolated, but for us it was peaceful, restful, and beautiful. Surrounded by mountains and the clean fresh air you relax the minute you arrive on the property. Everyone makes you feel at home and their help is above and beyond what you expect. The pools are wonderful and you relax even further preparing for a wonderful night's sleep. The breakfast is small but delicious and nutritious. Being older we didn't stay in a yurt or tepee but had a chance to see them and know if we were a few years younger we would have, at least, stayed in one of the yurts.

Room Tip: If your kids are with you, the tepee would be a great choice, without the kids but not too old the y...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Aurora, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

If you're traveling in this area and not camping, there aren't a lot of choices. We traveled to Joyful Journeys on our way to the Sand Dunes with our two kids. The rooms themselves weren't bad. My only complaint was they could've been cleaner. The robes you're given for the hot springs pools are pretty dingy. I would recommend bringing your own! There are no televisions in the rooms, which if my husband and I were traveling alone would be great but the kids were not amused. The pools were okay, they could definitely use some updating and some repairs. There are three different temperature pools which is nice but parents be aware that guests are asked not to splash or talk loudly in the pools. This means you spend most of the time worrying that your kids are being too loud and getting dirty looks from guests not traveling with children! The owner and staff weren't especially friendly or informative. All in all, not the worst trip but I definitely wouldn't bring my kids here!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tayler R
manama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012

What a sweet place so far away it seems... in the immensity of the landscape of the San Luis Valley. A little gem on the road of the pilgrim. Wonderful healing waters. Once discovered it is always with pleasure I return. I have tried them all, the camping, the tipis, the yurts, the classy hotel. All, bring different and certainly joyful experiences... your turn now!... when you are there go to the top of the old mound nicknamed "meditation hill", watch a sunset, pray, sing, be silent, receive the mountains with open arms, just delight in the great openness.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank Limon P
Conifer, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

Joyful Journey Hot Springs is an amazing place to visit and stay. The atmosphere is professional yet warm and welcoming. The pools are well kept and clean. There are three different temperatures, ample towels, and pleasant company while soaking. The spa, in particular the massage therapists, again are professional yet welcoming. They are all well trained and able. The yurts are my personal favorite. They are positioned far enough apart so there is a sound barrier between them yet close to a nice shower and restroom facility. The continental breakfast is filling and healthy. The staff keep the breakfast stocked and fresh. For those that CANNOT leave that office, school or outer world behind, the internet is provided free of charge. The yoga retreat that I went to was held in the beautiful, new conference center and was well planned and enjoyable. I go to many hot springs and this is my favorite. Headed back there in one month to restore and replenish my energy.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Dianna M
Colorado Spring
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012 via mobile

We've been coming here for years and love the water. This time we decided to stay the night. We love camping and decided to try the yurt. It was cute and comfortable, but kinda noisy. We were at the mercy of the couple next door and had to hear their conversation until they went to bed and they weren't even being loud! Even people walking on the gravel outside the yurts seemed loud! They could add a mirror to the yurt so you could see yourself when brushing your hair or whatever. I feel the price would have been more fair at 50% off what we were charged ( I've stayed in full service hotels that were less expensive and had much mor to offer). We'll stick to the90 minute drive home and save the money and just enjoy the water. I also agree that they need to spend some money on the pool areas as they seem to be falling apart.

• Stayed April 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moffat
Browns Canyon Inn
No photo provided
Valley Haven Lodge
#1 of 1 in Center
Cutty's Hayden Creek Resort - A Cruise Inn Park

Been to Joyful Journey Hot Springs Spa? Share your experiences!