“SO CHARMING!!”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Minturn
Ranked #2 of 3 Minturn B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I travel often and stay in hotels on a regular basis. Hotel Minturn was hands down one of the best places I have stayed. The rooms are so clean, new, large, modern and boutique. The beds were extremely comfortable, flat screen tv, delicious coffee all the perfect amenities provided. The hotel is right in the center of Minturn next to coffee shops, charming restaurants and yoga and right down the road from Vail Village and BeaverCreek. Highly recommend this hotel its a hidden gem!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great you cant go wrong!!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Jennifer B
There are newer reviews for Hotel Minturn

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed here recently and it was just perfect. Minturn is an original 19th century town, 5-10 minutes' drive from either Vail or Beaver Creek, so you get all the charm of the mountains without being in a big resort. The hotel is a lovely surprise: the exterior is elegantly rustic while the interior is cool and modern - very much a chic boutique hotel feel, at a very reasonable price. Our room was really nicely furnished: a big comfortable bed, cool armchairs and a little kitchen area with dining table. The bathroom was beautiful and modern, with a great shower. Great TV, Wifi etc. Tom, the owner, was extremely helpful and gave us lots of information about the local area. There are grocery stores and plenty of restaurants in the area, so we'd make a delicious cup of coffee in the mornings and then go out for a nice breakfast somewhere. It was just what we wanted and we'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MrsD67
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I travel every week and discovered this gem in Minturn. Rooms are basically suites, great for couples and families. Rates are great. It's just like aloft in decor, style, only bigger rooms, kitchens, etc. I've stayed winter and summer. Minturn is great, and best of beaver creek and vail - minutes from both. Lots of restaurants, ski out if you count the Minturn mile.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Srewopnhoj
Reviewed December 31, 2012

This was a fabulous last minute holiday find. I had to say that I was a little hesitant given the lower price tag, but this exceeded our expectations. Everything is brand new complete with granite counter tops, heated floors, large flat screen tv, wifi, Kuerig coffee maker, etc. Yes, it is not like your typical hotel without a lobby, but we were wanting a quiet getaway, so this is not necessary. The owners hospitiality is fantastic. It is located within walking distances to restaurants and shopping and we actually ended up spending more time than anticipated in Minturn, when can have a quiet walk home in the newly fallen snow following dinner. You are only minutes from Vail. It was almost -15 below and our rooms was very toasty. The beds are super comfortable. HIGHLY RECOMMEND this to anyone that enjoys the smaller town staying with easy access to Vail. Views are amazing from the 2nd floor. Only downfall is that we couldn't stay longer!

Room Tip: Great for couples
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JenKC12345
Reviewed December 28, 2012

For years my husband and I have passed by Hotel Minturn while traveling through Colorado. We always commented on how cool it looked and its great location. This past week we stayed there for a couple of nights......had a great time in town and decided to stay a few more nights. Its in the perfect spot to walk to everything in Minturn, and Minturn is in the perfect spot to explore everything in the Vail Valley. The room was great, very new and clean. It was like having our own apartment in the Rockies. I was also really pleased with how well we slept and the bed. Usually staying in a new place we wake up with sore backs. My back felt better than ever waking up in the morning. We'd definitely stay there again and recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Not really a hotel, no hotel services nor even a lobby, just a few rooms.

The good: the place is new and the materials used were top grade; the bathroom is excellent with large walk in shower. Also unit has "kitchen area" with microwave, sink and small fridge.

The bad: the third floor units are owned by someone else and these people are inconsiderate neanderthals whose goal goal in life is apparently to drive out the temporary guests in the rest of the building by making noise, running up and down stairs, slamming doors, etc at all hours. Also, the owner of the "hotel" portion, Tom, is a moody guy. Sometimes friendly and other times seems to hate his life -- maybe he's just had it with the savages?

Room Tip: Noise problem is with the third story condo owner savages -- seems like "hotel" owner can...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Frequent T
Tom S, Owner at Hotel Minturn, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

I am not exactly sure what happened here as i never received a complaint. At the time I was running an off season special trying to keep the rooms full until the snow arrived. This guest stayed for a week while he looked for permanent lodging for the ski season. The couple who own the top floor are nice people and good friends of mine. If they knew they were disturbing somebody they would have made an effort to be quiet. As for my moody disposition it might of had to do with the fact that the guest would extend his stay without informing me and not pay until I had asked him repeatedly. He left owing me for 2 nights which he promised to pay as soon as his job kicked in. it has been over a week and I still have not been paid.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Excellent place to stay close to Vail! I was very suprised upon arrival. I was expecting a motel style room.I couldn't have been more incorrect. Upon arrival and a very easy check in. I was escorted to my room by the Owner Tom. Minturn's own Donald Trump. What a super great guy, this was my second booking through www.minturnrentals.com also www.vrbo.com as they have many vacation rentals as well. Back to the hotel. As I entered my room I was suprised. This hotel in fairly new and it shows. The place is spotless clean and the room was super nice. Fridge, microwave, wall mounted flat screen, super comfortable king size bed, modern decor, and the bathroom..... very nice all modern fixtures and a huge tile walk in shower.....A++++ stay highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minturn
Christie Lodge
#2 of 18 in Beaver Creek
Christiania at Vail
Christiania at Vail
#6 of 30 in Vail

Been to Hotel Minturn? Share your experiences!