“Mmmm.....The Gunnison”

Good for: Bar scene
Good for: Bar scene
“Mmmm.....The Gunnison”
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

We LOVED this place!! All of the food was delicious, from the kids' meal chicken fingers to the salad! I reluctantly ordered the Gunnison salad, after reading a review that the pulled chicken was sub par. I couldn't disagree more!!!! The salad was loaded with fresh ingredients, with sweet potato fries and pulled chicken on the side. Phenomenal! The pulled chicken was a generous portion, all white meat....no funky chunks! The guys ordered the Pig Wings by Ozzy's recommendation. They LOVED them and wish they would have ordered more! We may return in the next few days to fill up before our ride back to Chicago!!

Lockport
“Great food...will visit again! ”
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

The BBQ pulled pork was delicious. The pig wings were the BEST! The Gunnison salad was the TASTIEST bar salad ever! Smaller restaurant/bar in a small town. Walked in as a group of 9. Had to wait a bit because of the group of 16 that walked in minutes before us. Server(Ozzy) busted his hump waiting tables and making sure all people at tables and bar were taken care of. The food was worth the wait!!! Making sure we visit at least once more before heading back to Chicago.

Colorado, United States
“Delicious BBQ - Friendly atmosphere - Good Service”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

We ate at the Saloon the first night and then Kirby Cosmo's BBQ the second. The BBQ ribs were sooooooooo much better at Kirby Cosmos. All of the food was significantly better. Super yummy BBQ for sure!! All the sides were good too. A little more of a bar scene, with a very small enclosed seating area outside that sits right on the road. If you go early enough it's definitely still a place you can bring your kids for dinner. Best meal in Minturn so far.

• Visited July 2014
Farmington, UT
“Back again, and not disappointed overall”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We visited Kirby Cosmos last year on our vacation in Summit County. We decided to try it out again because we liked it so much. Just like last year, the service was very good. This is a very laid back atmosphere, and the service matches that.

This time I had one of the specials...a "pulled chicken sandwich". Sadly, this I do not recommend. It was very bland and I did not like the mix of chicken. It wasn't really pulled as much as it was just "pulled-off" the bones. But my husband ate what I didn't want, which was dark meat and fatty chunks. Yuck. I should have gotten the pulled pork, which my husband did...and it was very good. Next time I will stick with the pork and/or the brisket because the chicken was really disappointing. Even with excessive amounts of BBQ sauce on top. So my advice...avoid the pulled chicken.

Last year I got a 2 meat plate with 2 sides, and I had the Sweet Potato fries as one of them. This year I got a full side of sweet potato fries. Again, sort of a disappointment. They need some FLAVOR added to them. As a small side, I didn't mind that so much because I dipped them in my BBQ sauce. As a full side...boring. The texture was good but they were lacking some spunk. TO the OWNER: I would highly suggest a mix of 2/3 Seasoning Salt and 1/3 Cinnamon Sugar...lightly sprinkled on just as they come out of the fryer. It will change the way your guests perceive them. Those that like them plain can have them that way still, but if you want to make something that keeps them coming back, try it. I'm a culinary grad and chef...I know what I'm talking about...you should try it.

Overall, we enjoyed our visit, and the prices are very reasonable. Cool vibe. And we don't even drink!

• Visited May 2014
Minturn, Colorado
“Love this place!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Great food, great people - a real locals joint with a good vibe. We go at least once or twice a week and are proud of it!

• Visited January 2014