“Annual Visit, but Unpleasant Service This Time”
Review of L'Anses aux Coques

L'Anses aux Coques
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed September 12, 2016

We look forward to returning to Sainte Luce each summer when visiting in nearby Rimouski. We were greeted pleasantly at the door and seated by the host, but unfortunately, the poor service that followed from Mme. Murielle Otis was noticeable. Although I write this review in English, my husband is from the region and ordered in french. We were not asked if our meals were OK or if we wanted to order anything else. The check was plunked on the table just as the food and beverages had been. We had to ask for more water.
My salmon burger was prepared as requested and was OK, but I probably would not order it another time. There was a brunch being offered for a reasonable price, but we opted not to have it as it was towards the end of the brunch and the buffet had been out a while and was picked over. I might have considered it earlier. Would we return? We might just try another place next visit.

Date of visit: September 2016

Reviewed August 22, 2016 via mobile

My husband took me here for breakfast and the food was great! Then we walked on the beach.
I had the salmon eggs Benny and a bowl of mocha. We got to sit on the patio and look out onto the beach.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed September 8, 2015

The service was efficient and courteous. The ambiance was charming, warm and inviting. The food was piping hot and very tasty; maybe the chicken supreme had been accidentally over spiced... Some were finding it burning their mouths. But all in all it was delicious from start to finish. Loved the hot, spiced, carrot soup. The plating was attractive with generous serving of delightfully browned chicken, the cute pyramid of rice and the variety of colourful vegetables. A serving of profiteroles smothered in a warm chocolate sauce was a perfect end to the perfect meal.
The charming owner actually came to greet us and send us off with a big 'merci'.

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed July 28, 2015

We had the salmon and bistro burgers. Both sandwiches took over 35 minutes to reach the table. I would not be writing this review if that was the only problem. Fries were soggy, lettuce wilted and the beef was over cooked and dry. If you are looking for a decent lunch avoid this place at all costs. If this is the best this region has to offer then I would suggest staying in Quebec where the food is excellent or cross the peninsula to New Brunswick.

Date of visit: July 2015
Reviewed June 10, 2015

Food always pretty good at lunch at the bustling patio overlooking the main drag and beach...lots of action.

Service is usually good at this 20+ year old resto that is probably the best choice in Ste Flavie

Date of visit: August 2014