“Best roast dinners around”
Review of The Royal Oak

The Royal Oak
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Ch4
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Ordered a beef roast and as the title said it was absolutely perfect chef Ken and host emma made the stay perfect

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (372)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had a lovely meal Saturday night, fairly busy but no shortage of service and attention from polite and friendly staff. Not as cheap as spoons, however quality of food and clientele more than make up for this. Would I go there again. In a heartbeat!
I’m hoping my job takes me in the vicinity of the Royal Oak, so I can do lunch as well.
I wish they did breakfasts.

1  Thank TemplarTraveller
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went this evening for a quick tea as was dog sitting for my parents. Having been regulars for 20plus years we were very disappointed with the previous landlords. However tonight’s meal was lovely and freshly cooked and a warm welcome. Hopefully we are finally getting the royal back in the oak.

1  Thank 480sarken
Reviewed September 13, 2019

Ordered food from the supper menu, waited over an hour, still waiting. Spoke to a female member of staff, clearing tables, explained our food hadn’t arrived. She said there had been a problem with the tills and our order hadn’t been put through and she did apologise ,but remembered we had what we had ordered for our starters, asking if we would still like them, everyone else around us had their meals, I said I would just like my money back. We waited, i then went to wait by the bar, my friend asked could I just have cash instead of waiting to have my money refunded on card, as I was still waiting on the staff to bring the card machine. It all went down hill when Dave arrived, I said I was going to have my money back in cash, he ignored this and rudely snatched my card out of my hand. He made no eye contact with me, pushing his chest out, sarcastically asked me to sign the card receipt. Totally unacceptable to treat a customer in this way.

1  Thank Anna R
Reviewed September 13, 2019

Thursday evening order from supper club waited over an hour for food ask the bar assistance where meal is went to check order not put through on till...said problems with till but everyone else had food she offered use our prawn cocktails said we just want money back then waited 20 minutes for card machine code and Dave was very ignorant and rude to my friend and we told him we wasn’t happy but was not bothered at all...

1  Thank Debrajane1967