“Thats not a fish it's a whale”

The Swan Country Pub and Restaurant
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Since September 2015 we are trading as a value food pub with a range of entertainment .We are child friendly , but have a policy of no children after 9pm. We have a food hygiene rating of 5.
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Went for a family meal to the Swan. I had the beer battered fish and it was absolutely gorgeous - the best fish I've tasted in years and the size - well it was huge - couldn't finish it. My son had the New Yorker burger and he said it was brilliant. The staff were friendly and couldn't do enough for you, We had my 2 year old niece and 9 year old nephew with us and it is definitely a family friendly pub,

Well done

2  Thank Helen M

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Been here many times before, but since the new management have taken over this has been the best experience yet, friendly atmosphere, a warm welcome and lovely food. Highly recommend this lovely local pub and will definitely be returning again! Keep it up!

2  Thank Smileysue0
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

A family visit to the swan. Under new management yet again. Come on punch taverns get your act together and start supporting landlords not killing them. Anyway this time I had a nice feeling about the place. Fantastic welcome. Good beers and seem to be well kept. Not bad prices. Family friendly kids are welcomed not shunned to a corner. The menu is cheap and cheerful but just what we used to expect from a pub before the advent of gastropubs. This is one gem I really hope survives. It needs your support and to start with understanding as the previous owners have left debts that complicated payment by card and the wifi. All the issues are in hand. I will be back soon, thank you guys.

2  Thank Jimthegardener
gwfwyeknot, Owner at The Swan Country Pub and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear Jim
As the previous owners of the Swan we would like to say that we have not left one single debt at the Swan unlike several of the previous tenants before us. When we took over we had many debt collectors to deal with. If there are issues with the card payment machine, it is not related to us. The Wifi was installed by Punch, again never worked properly, nothing to do with us as Punch pay for it all!!
Please think before making comments for all to see, yes there have been debts at the Swan, but not any left by us!

Reviewed October 29, 2013

I live locally to the Swan and I've seen it change hands a lot over the recent years. Quite recently it was changed in to a fine dinning restaurant and needless to say,failed.However,the new owner that has taken over this week has already changed so much. Reinstated the darts and pool table and promises sky sports is on the way.The new landlady is friendly and interested in the locals making us feel very welcome. It's been a very long time since anyone has felt welcome in the Swan but already I've seen lots of familiar faces starting to drink in there again and I don't blame them, The Swan has become my local again and I highly recommend it. Can't really comment on the food as I haven't had the chance to try it yet but the menu looks good, normal pub grub and the prices are really cheap.I wish the new landlady luck,a good start in my eyes

1  Thank Pascalhk
gwfwyeknot, Owner at The Swan Country Pub and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dear Sir
We are pleased that you are happy with the new landlady and the changes she has made at the Swan. However as the previous owners we would like to mention that many locals who chose to visit us enjoyed our welcoming hospitality and those who dined expressed their enjoyment on many reviews which helped us achieve our number 1 ranking out of the 2 pubs in Higher Kinnerton. We were not a fine dining restaurant but a pub offering good food with homemade dishes such as Lasagne and the famous Babylon burger! We also reinstated the Dart board some months ago.
We chose to leave the Swan as the location was not for us. We wish Charlene and her staff every success for the future and thank all the people who did try to support us.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Fantastic value
Guys you are all missing out on such good food
Hosts are very accommodating, nothing is too much trouble
Have eaten here many times and always had great food and service at really good prices
In the past with different owners the story has been different but these people give honest food. Honest prices so do go along and give it a try

1  Thank Val W