“The most AMAZING vacation!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mc Coy
Black Mountain Ranch
Jacksonville, Florida
“The most AMAZING vacation!”
Reviewed July 6, 2010

Can I rate Black Mountain Ranch higher than 5 stars? I would if I could! The staff was SO nice and accommodating, the rooms were clean and I loved how rustic they were, beds made out of logs, old horseshoes as curtain tie-backs, cowboy pictures, ect.
Every day was a new and incredible experience that my family will NEVER forget. The dinner ride, where they cooked dinner over an open fire at Jakes Lake; the Pack Camp, where we rode horses up in the mountains, ate dinner, sat around a campfire and told jokes and sang songs (thanks to Andrew!!), slept in tents, and woke up to a full breakfast cooked over an open fire! (complete with HOT TOWELS to wipe the grime off!); we went on a ride and had lunch at a quiet spot, went to a rodeo in Beaver Creek, went White Water Rafting, and went on a Cattle Drive, which was SO much fun. The kids even got to rope the calfs and help hold them down while they got branded. How cool is that?
We have 3 boys, 17, 15, and 11, and I"m sure it's a trip they'll remember for a lifetime. We had our own wrangler (Amanda) which was awesome! She tailored each day to meet OUR needs and what we wanted to do, and made sure we had a good time.
And one of the best parts of each day? Hearing the dinner bell! The food was truly AMAZING, and the kitchen staff couldn't have been better! Most meals were buffet style, but we had 2 sit down dinners, both with incredible food and service! We would all meet down at the saloon after dinner, where you could have a drink, play pool, listen to music, sit around the fire and talk, and it was always a lot of fun; especially talking to the owners and hanging out with the wranglers and all the staff. They were ALL super nice people, and so much fun to be around.
It was also a lot of fun meeting the other families that were there, I'm sure we'll remain friends and keep in touch.
If you're contemplating a vacation to Black Mountain Ranch, JUST DO IT! You'll be glad you did! It's a trip of a lifetime!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank itsmelaney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Wadsworth, Illinois
Reviewed June 29, 2010

My family and I spent the last week of June at Black Mountain Ranch. We cannot begin to express the awesome time we had. My daughter (age 11) cried the night before we left, as well as, the morning of the day we were leaving because she did not want to leave. The entire staff , from housekeeping to kitchen to wranglers, was always courteous, friendly, helpful and happy. The meals were gourmet, not hamburgers and hot dogs. The horseback rides were customized to fit our needs and wants. Our wrangler checked with us every morning at breakfast for the type of ride we wanted: long, short, high in the mountains, or down in the valley, fast or slow, and if we wanted to ride morning and/or afternoon. The ride up to the top of Black Mountain was extraordinary. At the top you could see for miles the beautiful Rocky Mountains. The horses are well trained to keep even the most inexperienced rider calm. The overnight pack trip was loads of fun. The dinner ride was at Jake's Lake where we ate grilled steak and chicken. We even learned to fly fish! The cattle drive had us all yelling, and laughing and calling to the cattle to move them down to the ranch. Learning to rope young calfs made my arm hurt, but I would do it again in a heartbeat.

The cabin accommodations were very clean, very comfortable and spacious. The beds were soft and warm, because at night it got a little chilly, but it was relaxing to hear the brook gurgling outside our cabin window.

I am unable to pinpoint one specific thing that we liked because we thoroughly enjoyed everything. My daughter got up every morning to watch the wranglers bring the horses back onto the ranch and every night we watched the "horse stampede" back out to the pasture.

On our last evening, the guests were invited to the owners mountain ranch home for appetizers and cocktails. If that doesn't give you a warm, toasty feeling, I don't know what will. Take my advice and go to Black Mountain Ranch for a week of spectacular views, loads of fun and entertainment and most importantly, family bonding. The Lerch Family, Wadsworth, IL.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank melerch
Butler, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 28, 2010

This was definitely one of the best vacations I have taken! A great location, deep in the heart of the beautiful Rocky Mountains. An excellent staff, very friendly, knowledgable, fun and extremely attentive to their primary goal of guest satisfaction. Unlimited horseback riding, with a horse hand-picked to suite your riding abilities and comfort level and lots of fun activities for young and old alike. You will not be hungry at BMR as they serve 3 gourmet home cooked meals a day! Nothing less then excellent! THANK YOU BMR FOR A WONDERFUL WEEK!!

• Stayed June 2010
1 Thank amccandless76

Been to Black Mountain Ranch? Share your experiences!