All reviews chef bob cattle drive white water rafting horseback riding family vacation fantastic week other guests trading post line dancing skill level experienced riders spent the week fly fishing holiday of a lifetime cowboy boots colorado river shooting range
Reviewed August 15, 2018

Had a great time with the family. They went out of their way to make accommodations for 3 generations of my family. Will do again. The horses are well trained. The fishing is fantastic. They provided amazing food including gluten free food.

Reviewed August 7, 2018

I have traveled the world and had amazing experiences in every corner of the globe, and this week at BMR rates as one of the best weeks of my life. Amy, the head wrangler, takes great pride (and does an incredible job) of speaking to each guest and assigning a horse that matches the guest's experience, competence, and most importantly - their motivations for the week. A couple of examples: I had a lot of horseback riding experience, but a lot in the distant past and very little Western style. My 12-year old son had only been on a horse once before on a silly nose-to-tail trail ride. Instead of going with only that limited information, Amy probed further and discovered that we both were very motivated to ride often and adventurously, and moreover that my son is very athletic and could handle a more spirited horse. As a result, we both had spirited but manageable horses that we rode in beautiful country for hours every day, loping and galloping whenever we wanted, and had an absolutely spectacular experience. Meanwhile, every guest that we met during the week received a perfect match with their horse (some wanted well-behaved, gentle horses, others wanted horses with stamina, etc etc). Moreover, there was tons of flexibility - we could ride when we wanted and where we wanted - private rides with our wonderful wrangler Josh, a big group ride to an overnight pack camp, even a very cool cattle drive at the end of the week.

Meanwhile, the horseback riding, as awesome as it was, wasn't the entire experience. We went white water rafting, went to the rodeo, and had a party in the saloon. The cabins were clean, the hot tubs/jacuzzis were refreshing after a day's riding, the food was fantastic and plentiful, and without exception, every single member of the staff was kind, friendly, and incredibly interesting.

My son said that this was the best week of his life. As for me, if it wasn't the very best week of my life, it was in the top few. I will be back - hopefully every year!

Reviewed August 6, 2018

When you find a great thing you keep going back! This rings true at BMR! The interaction with the Staff is what sets BMR apart from the rest of the herd, everyone hangs out together. Wranglers become friends and the ranch becomes home (at least for the 7 days we are there) The May family does not disappoint, Our kids claim BMR as their favorite vacay! Us grown ups like it a hole heep too! Let loose at the proper Saloon, meet new friends, immerse yourself and become a cow-polk!
Ask for Wrangler Brandan he is a fantastic!

Reviewed July 29, 2018

To start, I plan to return on a yearly basis. The experience and expectations BMR provided were far beyond my expectations.
The May Family and their staff insured you were able to experience the best vacation possible. You felt a part of the family almost immediately.
The wranglers and the Horses are top notch.
The food was exceptional and abundant. Even on the trail lunches, the simple sandwiches provided were awesome.
The Ranch is very attentive to everyones needs and do their best to provide for every
family.
Definitely a 5 Star rating
See you next year!

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed July 27, 2018

We spent a week as a family of 5 from the U.K. It was simply outstanding. A huge amount of activities, the food and accommodation was amazing and the location outstanding. We did not have much riding experience but the care and attention from the staff and wranglers ensured we learnt everything we needed at our own pace. This is a really special place run by a dedicated and welcoming family who really know what they are doing and who have a team of equally dedicated and experienced staff to attend to whatever you need. If you are looking for a dude ranch or just something different, book this now. We are definitely coming back - our kids would not allow us not to!

Date of stay: July 2018