Black Mountain Ranch
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Mc Coy
See available hotels
Hotel Eastin(Kremmling)
View Hotel
All reviewschef bobcattle drivewhite water raftinghorseback ridingfamily vacationother guestsfantastic weekskeet shootingriding abilityskill levelline dancingcowboy hatfly fishingprofessional photographerspent the weekovernight campshooting range
Reviewed September 19, 2015

Fabulous horses, warm and friendly owners/staff, and beautiful countryside, plus a whitewater rafting trip - what more could one ask? I am an experienced rider and my husband is a novice, and yet we both had a fantastic time at Black Mountain Ranch. BMR turned my city hubby into a riding, two-steppin' cowboy, and I got my fill of riding outside (a boon for a dressage rider who spends a lot of time in the ring.) Climbing to a mountain lake for a cookout, or loping up through the sagebrush hills, BMR has it all.There are activities every day, the food is tremendous and most of all, the staff is flexible. This is not a ranch of cookie-cutter rides at 10 and 2. The wranglers do their darndest to make sure you are enjoying yourself. They and the owners dine with the guests and this allows for us all to get to know one another. It is a little expensive but once you arrive, there are no ad-ons other than modest rental price for chinks (Western half chaps.) There are western boots and helmets to borrow, which we appreciated greatly, and the rafting trip is included in the cost. I cannot say enough about BMR and we are already planning our trip back next year.

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2015

Adding to the long list of well deserved 5-star reviews! Noell, Kaylee and their staff are not just nice, but they are all genuine, kind, wonderful people. From the moment you arrive, you are welcome with open arms (literally! So many hugs!) and made to feel right at home, part of the BMR family.

The location is absolutely beautiful and serene (although the altitude is NO JOKE for someone who lives at sea level... be prepared for some sleepless nights and some wicked headaches), the accommodations are cozy and comfortable (even the pack camp cots!), and the food. Oh my God the food. Amazing. Chef Bob works wonders. I put on at least 5 pounds.

The animals are treated very, very well. BMR owns all their own horses and ensures they get weeks off so they are happy and healthy and well rested. Even though I went in with a fear of horses, my horse Bart took good care of me. The donkeys Hugo and Josephine basically just hang out and do their thing. And puppies! Puppies everywhere! I have never seen happier dogs. And goats! And cows with big giant horns! And baby cows!

I've only been home 24 hours and I already want to go back. I had so many new experiences, things I never thought I could or would do. It broke my heart to leave and I can't wait for my next visit, whenever that may be.

Thank you Black Mountain Ranch for the trip of a lifetime. XOXO

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 11, 2015 via mobile

All the reviews say it all! It really is a piece of heaven! I am sad to have left! The beautiful scenery and the wonderful people! All the animals and fantastic horses! I'm missing it all already and will have to return! Thank you to all at BMR!!

Stayed: September 2015, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 7, 2015

8000' is way above sea level...be ready to breath deeply and often
the land has a smell of peace...filled with horse manure...the cleanest barn yard i have ever seen. The food hall is aromatic due to the magnificent chef Bob ( served by the nicest people- always smiling- and ready to tell a horse tale)
109 horses all saddled/ dressed/ ready to go....how fantastico is that....
Never wore my helmet- never felt like i should...as a matter of fact there are no shoulds- just have fun. Loved the adventure of horse country- even the people who were not so horse savy rode safely. Thank you Black Mountain

Room Tip: if trouble with altitude get a cabin closer to the saloon...if you want a hot tub outside your door its available...
  • Stayed: August 2015, traveled with family
1  Thank Lynn M
Reviewed September 6, 2015

Just got back from our adults-only week at BMR. It's almost impossible to add to the superlatives found in the other reviews. All I can say is that everything the others have said is true! Beautiful country, great cabins, fantastic food, and the best wranglers and staff around. If you love the outdoors, this is a place not to miss!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Aspen cabin. One of the newer cabins and close to the stables, lodge and saloon.
  • Stayed: September 2015, traveled as a couple